Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Post swansea thoughts

Just got in after a mammoth day and really, really down. I think we are highly likely to go down and the way this great club has been brought to its knees is an utter disgrace! We were on the road to defeat today from the moment our ridiculously inexperienced rookie manager got the team completely wrong again. It was negative and put us on the back foot from the outset in a game we needed something from. When we finally got croft on and had a go at them we looked like we could get something but was too late. Other points - it was really lucky rusty was not sent off and he should have been taken off, please start cody on monday and alan lee was immense. I dont care he was a scummer his attitude and workrate puts most of the others to shame.

Gunn is just another mistake made by the board, we have been let down time after time by the mob upstairs, yet again today Gunn was found wanting with his team selection and subs,what a fecking mess this club is in and we have the board and the queen of egss to thank!! 

[quote user="Jim Smith"] We were on the road to defeat today from the moment our ridiculously inexperienced rookie manager got the team completely wrong again. .[/quote]

You also need to blame Crook and Butterworth as I guess all 3 have a say in  the team selection.

What team would you have started with out of interest other than no Mooney on the right wing which was a bad mistake??

I blame..SmithJonesDoncasterFoulgerMunbyTurnersSCGNCSIAWorthingtonGrantRoederGunnSmudger20,000 season ticket holdersProgramme sellersThe little chap who does the litter pickingLQ''s blogWiz''s Wonkey HexRazz the miserable clownSamalian Pirate Terroristsand Guy Gibson''s dog

Quite right CA.

Some  people on here go on about Crook and Butterworth taking over from Gunny but I for one can''t see why. Surely they have had a chance along with Gunny to get it right but have got no further than Roeder.

Lets hope the close season see somebody with some sense come in with some money and find us a decent manager for a change instead of these second rate has beens(Roeder) and wanabes(Grant, Gunny and co).

I thought we looked scared for the first twenty minutes and Russell was very lethargic and we didn''t have a clue on how to get past their back four. Why Mooney was in his position for the first half just showed the in-experience of Gunn and why we didn''t take Russell off at half time begs belief. When we did take off a midfielder we took off Lappin who at least looked interested and wasn''t on a yellow card. We have a team that is too slow aswell and easily muscled off the ball,as Swansea were not a big team but they outfought us all over the pitch.

What I saw on the touchline just sums up NCFC with Gunn stood on the touchline for the 90 mins and his arms crossed,whereas Martinez was bellowing out encouragement all game long(not in a P.Grant way either).What our team needed today was some speed on the pitch (Mcdonald) but again the manager took far too long to change the game,why is it we can see in the stand who is having a shocker but he can not? Today you would have thought that Swansea had more players than us as we were second to most balls.

If any can get their hands on some fireworks please send them to B Gunn at Carrow road with the instructions of inserting up the players as today you would have thought that it was an end of season game for us with nothing to play for although judging by their efforts you wouldn''t have known that our season is in a perilous situation.

Should of been the same team that done so well at Birmingham except for Lappin replacing Carney on the left and Russell going in at CM.

Drury is a spent force and shouldn''t be considered!

We didn''t look desperate enough, didn''t seem to want it enough!

Theirs more chance of us going down!

[quote]Theirs more chance of us going down![/quote]

Well, looky here! We have a soothsayer in the house.Do you juggle more than one object at a time by way of an encore?

post swansea thoughts: ***, Crying [:''(]Angry [:@]Indifferent [:|]Super Angry [8o|]Sad [:(]Embarrassed [:$]Sleep [|-)], fuck you Forest!, fuck you Earnshaw, fuck you Man U fans!, fuck you league 1!, fuck you Burnley fans!, fuck you, anyone moaning about how shit your team is, apart from Luton, Bradford and Newcastle fans! Cureton, Fozzy, Semmi and some others should be rounded up and shot. I''ll stop there, any other thoughts i type down rather than keep to myself might just see me in Jail!

We were never likely to get anything from Swansea away though, were we? The point at Birmingham was a bonus and got us into a position where we could have saved it, but poor tactics and team selection lost us 3 points against Sheff Wed. It''s a shame we have a novice manager, but I don''t see any reasonable alternatives for a club in our position. There is no doubt that our manager cares and is doing his best, and it is frustrating to see the blindingly obvious being ignored (like Croft being unfit, Carney being on a different planet, more pace needed up front etc) but it is THE PLAYERS who have got us into this. If Clingan is worth £3m and Croft/Marshall/Bertrand et al are looking to the Premiership why are we in such a mess?

I know it''s a cliche but we really do have to take things one game at a time - we must beat Watford and then see where we are. I have always thought we would need 52 points to stay up and although fixtures are very unpredictable this time of year I still expect a couple of the teams above us to have bad run-ins.

Personally, I see a very nervy 2-1 win over Watford. Can''t see us getting anything at Ipswich other than a sound thrashing but a night game, full house, backs against the wall win against Reading will take us to 49 points and the chance of a win on the last day to be safe. Whether we do that or not will be down to the manager (as it was last time against Fulham when Worthington showed just how tactically inept he was) and we can only hope that Bryan Gunn will have worked out what his best team is by then, and that Alan Lee stays fit.

This is the "loser attitude" I have referred to in the past about Norwich fans. 

If nothing else, we have won or drawn 3 of the last 6 games.  We have 6 games left, which as Nigel Worthington used to point out in our days in the Prem. was 18 points available.  What happened to that sort of hope?

Nope, as much as I''d like us to have two more games than all the other teams to get us out of this mess, I can only count 4 games left and 12 points available. Am I missing something (apart from blind optimism)? [:^)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"] We were on the road to defeat today from the moment our ridiculously inexperienced rookie manager got the team completely wrong again. .[/quote]

You also need to blame Crook and Butterworth as I guess all 3 have a say in  the team selection.

What team would you have started with out of interest other than no Mooney on the right wing which was a bad mistake??

[/quote]   I would have started with the following:

Marshall

Otsemebor   Doherty   Shackell    Bertrand

Croft    Clingan    Gow    Lappin

Mooney    Lee

[quote user="Flipside"]Nope, as much as I''d like us to have two more games than all the other teams to get us out of this mess, I can only count 4 games left and 12 points available. Am I missing something (apart from blind optimism)? [:^)][/quote]

Silly you! You are thinking of the Imperial system whereas Houston is on the US system.