Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Agents

I must admit when I read Phil Smiths comments, I thought, wow! If I was a player and this guy had made such opinionated comments about me, without even consulting me, I would be spitting feathers!!. Whatever a players intentions the last thing he needs is some second rate agent, who is basically an employee of the player, [not the other way round] making such outspoken comments.

It makes you wonder how such a person and many like him, have ever got in the position to command 10% on deals. Lets face it, most players could negotiate these deals just as well themselves.

Agreed. I think this is a wonderful example of agent thinking he can demand the earth for his player, and not actually thinking about what his player wants. Even if Huckerby doesn''t sign, I''m glad he''s embarrassed his agent and shown him who''s boss!!

Does anyone know the way that agents are paid their fee? Is it a percentage of the weekly wages, or is it a percentage of the transfer fee, or some other way? If a player did negotiate his pay deal at least he would have 10% more for himself!

I remember when Eric "Monster Monster" Hall (I could think of better words to put between his name) was being interviewed on Fantasy Football League. They said he gets 5% of the players income. Eric then replied "no, they get 95% of my money". Just shows how agents think.

Agents are the ones that push up prices in all things thats exactly the way that Estate and Recruitment agents also work. Before you know it we will all have agents negotiating for us on the price we should pay down Asda.

At the end of the day the only person to benefit is the wide boy with the shinny suit and slick hair that stinks of aftershave!!