Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Selling Earnshaw will come back to haunt us

I look at Forest then at us. And the name Earnshaw frightens me. A natural goalscorer who, now over his injuries, has the goals in him to fire them to safety. The decision by the Forest board to spend BIG on a proven STRIKER will keep them up.

I look at us and groan. Lessons not learnt from last year when lady luck kept us up. A squad raped of its talent and in filled with below average champ players, poor luck - and a lack of ambition/funds to buy ANY striker at the start of the season. I said it then and repeat it now- the criminal decision NOT to replace Dion or Hucks will come back to haunt us. How many is our top scorer on?

I think Earnshaw wanted to go so we had no choice but to sell him, the biggest mistake was only making 800k avaliable for a replacement and ending up with Cureton. The same thing happened when we sold Ashton etc, sell players for top dollar and make a minimal amount avaliable for replacements. Had we invested a larger proportion of what we have recieved for players in better quality players we wouldn''t now be staring relegation in the face. It has proved a false economy in that we haven''t had a decent cup run in god knows how long and we are most likely about to lose millions when we go down.

Add to that the boards poor choice of manager time and time again and you have the reasons why we are most likely about to get relegated, they have failed us big time and if they have an ounce of decency left in their bodies they will give the club away on the proviso that the new owner invests in the team.