Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Bryan Gunn - selection & late subs disaster

We needed to win today yes and attack !!!!!

But we bring on Drury and Russell .. drop Gow, Carney and Croft ... Mooney right in midfield where he is no good ... what a laugh.

Is their another job for BG at City ?

[quote user="No Quarter"]Isn''t hindsight a wonderful thing[/quote]

Oh come on!! Dropping Gow was a huge mistake and to play Mooney right midfield. What the hell was Gunn thinking?

yeah - well forest brought in billy mac and gave him the dosh to get some serious contenders in...at least they''re having a real go...i''d prefer not to rely on other teams to screw up - cos we seem to be the only one left doing that!!!we must win on monday to give us a sporting chance - else its down to a dog life after that...

Bryan does it again, should have played the two Alans up front, Russell needed to go off at half time and play Cody as well, personally I think we have had it now, what a shame. Delia is very quiet these days.

Well No Quarter it''s reality and you can''t handle that. He''s not very critical on himself BG, the only thing he says is we lost by a penalty and too much penalties against this season.

I must admit the reporter doesn''t ask any critical question (strange), like we do ?

Maybe because they know BG too well ...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Or even managerial...[/quote]Come on Graham... surely Player, PR Host and Genial "Nice bloke", Sheriff of Norwich, is the perfect career path for City manager! Anyway, let''s not complain,he''s a nice bloke who bleeds yellow and green and he really really cares.

Oh yeah - forgot about all that. That''s put my mind at rest now. As long as we have people who bleed yellow and green everything will be fine. Bring back Cureton too.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Or even managerial...
[/quote]

Come on Graham... surely Player, PR Host and Genial "Nice bloke", Sheriff of Norwich, is the perfect career path for City manager! Anyway, let''s not complain,he''s a nice bloke who bleeds yellow and green and he really really cares.
[/quote]

Bleeds yellow an'' green? I won''t believe that until he dyes his slaphead, bright yellow for the local Derby....Hey he''d look just like Homer!

"DOH!....Shoulda put Gow an'' Cody on!"

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Oh yeah - forgot about all that. That''s put my mind at rest now. As long as we have people who bleed yellow and green everything will be fine. Bring back Cureton too.[/quote]Exactly.  People who understand the club, and understand what Norwich fans want, that''s what we need. Ireckon we could get huckerby back, you know...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Wait... you mean Huckerby''s... gone? He''s GONE?! Noooooooooooooooooooo...![/quote]I thought he''d been quiet, Neil! Well, that there explain it, don''t it. Flaming hell, I need a lie down now, I''m all hot an'' bothered by that.  Drury were playing though, weren''t he?  He''s a good lad, and I like that Ashton up front, he''s a right handful.

Its not hindsight. Mooney in midfiled and Bertrand with Drury down the left was sucide. I know Lappin is now a NCFC legend for some reason, but why play 3 central midfielders and leave our biggest attacking threats in Gow and Croft on the bench?

I didn''t get the Mooney in midfield either, did Gunny explain it in his interview as I missed that.

why play drury when he cant have been match fit bertrand has been playing well at left back no time to experiment when youre where we are can we find BG a job elsewhere forget the family club crap and get us a manager who can get results should have kept Roeder would have done better under pressure

Has Gow seriously been that good in the last couple of games?  I dont know, he''s looked a bit of a liability to me...oh well, whatever, looks like we''re going down anyway....

For a start Roeder was useless and we would be more than likely worse of than what we are now. Anyone now wondering whether we''d of been better of not sacking him aren''t thinking properly!

I still think Gunn and CO were our best option at the time although their decisions are baffling but then again tell me a recent Norwich manager or most other managers for that matter that doesn''t make sense?

Selecting a not match fit and in my opinion not Championship standard Drury at this stage made no sense.

Why aren''t they sticking to the Birmingham away line up except replacing Carney with Russell?

Yes it looks like we are going down anyway, but if you go down you want to go down with a fight.

Because Blackpool, Plymouth and Derby had wins yesterday they are out of reach.

And you hear on radio Norfolk supporters and reporters say that we lost it v Sheffield Wednesday, not v Swansea, What stupid talk is that, yesterday if we had been more positive (in selection) we could have grabbed 3 points ourselves.

Every game is 3 points also away games. Derby and Blackpool both won away. We are already happy with 1 point at B''ham and Wolves when we should have won.

If we are not positive in our play and go for wins in our so important 4 next games, it''s still possible that even Charlton will catch us.

But we can win these games, I''m sure .. but are the players .. and the Manager ????

I''m also dissappointed with Butterworth and Crook (why was Crook not appointed manager and BG as an assitant ?), they have the knowledge to correct BG mistakes.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]yeah - well forest brought in billy mac and gave him the dosh to get some serious contenders in...at least they''re having a real go...

i''d prefer not to rely on other teams to screw up - cos we seem to be the only one left doing that!!!

we must win on monday to give us a sporting chance - else its down to a dog life after that...

[/quote]

Hehe. As kids, we used to play doggy bone for the first life then blind doggy for the second. We are down to our blind doggy if we don''t beat Watford.