Sign in to follow this  
|BA

You must admit - Its very exciting!

Better than the usual end of season fizzle out. Well remember this one  :o)

I would take mid table boring nothing to play for run in every time thanks!!

Its giving the Ipswich supporters massive entertainment now their season is over and they look forward to sending us down next week , but from a Norwich point of view i would say its more sad than exciting.

Utter rubbish. Would much rather be mid table safety.

With the current muppets in charge we will be in the same position this time next year.....but one league lower!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]sadly i do think we will remember this one[/quote]Yep... like "Friends".  "The one where the Canaries get sent down."  And I''m not talking about the yobs who got jailed.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]ya got to love being a city fan............relegation ...league 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 they would still be my team[/quote]well it beats the crap out of being a Man U fan.My 2 man u fan mates after the CL final last year "get in! we''ve won!", other one says "yeah, amazing!, well, i''m off to bed now, night"typifies them, and they claim to be avid footy fans too!

Very exciting!

Oh sure, it’s very exciting. Thrill at the endless fun you can have working out how many points we are going to need if A, B and C all win, or if A and C lose and we win. It could last for hours, or at least until the final day.

End of season fizzle? When did we last have one of those? Whatever happened to finishing mid table, or better?

IBA, I wonder, did you not find last season exciting enough to not want an instant replay again this season?

No IBA. What I would love (our survival goes way beyond mere want) is this club to have some consistency, starting on the pitch and ending up at the top table. Consistency of thought, consistency of tactics used and consistency of resolve and passion on the pitch.

For the past four seasons we have gone from one disaster to another, and just lived for the moment, prayed, crossed our fingers and HOPED for the best. This is no way to win a match, or keep the club afloat.

So if you get your kicks watching us head for the 3rd Division then so be it. It’s not exciting, it’s heartbreaking. Sad, disappointing, tragic. Whatever words you want to hurl at our plight. The final few games are about so much more than a few football matches. It’s about saving our club from what would be disaster in the current football climate. IF someone at the club can promise me 6 seasons of mid table mediocrity in the Championship while we rebuild from top to bottom I would bite their hands off, and that is lowering my expectations considerably.

I agree with IBA, although  im pretty sure after a look at Barnsleys remaining games that they will be the ones to go down. Exciting end to the season though.

It does seem to have escaped a lot of supporters notice that Barnsley already have 3 more points than us and a similar goal difference and add that to the fact the maximum number of points we can gain now is only 12.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I agree with IBA, although  im pretty sure after a look at Barnsleys remaining games that they will be the ones to go down. Exciting end to the season though.

[/quote]You and IBA are stark raving bonkers if you think this is exciting. I agree wholeheartedly with gazzathegreat, its heartbreaking, to watch the club I''ve supported and loved for 63 years in the miserable state its in now. What makes it even more hard to take is that there appears no solution on the horizon.

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]You and IBA are stark raving bonkers if you think this is exciting. I agree wholeheartedly with gazzathegreat, its heartbreaking, to watch the club I''ve supported and loved for 63 years in the miserable state its in now. What makes it even more hard to take is that there appears no solution on the horizon.[/quote]

Absolutley spot on!

If our supporters are getting their exctiment from being invloved in relegation battles these days, it tells a very sad story about the level the club has sunk too!

The best excitement comes from flirting with danger.Ask your mum

[quote user="CT "][quote user="iBA"]The best excitement comes from flirting with danger.Ask your mum[/quote]Post of the day mate [:D]Cheered me up no end [Y][/quote]Easily pleased CT...easily pleased.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CT "][quote user="iBA"]The best excitement comes from flirting with danger.Ask your mum[/quote]Post of the day mate [:D]Cheered me up no end [Y][/quote]Easily pleased CT...easily pleased.[/quote]Obviously you''ve never met his Mum.....

[quote user="BA"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CT "][quote user="iBA"]The best excitement comes from flirting with danger.Ask your mum[/quote]Post of the day mate [:D]Cheered me up no end [Y][/quote]Easily pleased CT...easily pleased.[/quote]Obviously you''ve never met his Mum.....[/quote]STFU [:O] Was not expecting that!

[quote user="whoareya"]

You need to get out more, IBA!

[/quote]You think? I''ll send you a pic of where I''ll be next week....You seriously dont get a buzz from the games at the moment? You didn''t feel an added ingredient hearing the last minute Forest winner today? that would have been ''better'' if we were sitting in 10th? You prefer mundane and ordinary to something thats a little bit more edgy?Its not me that needs to get out more I suspect. I love it. I love the tension, the emotion, the twists and turns, the predictable band wagon sheep like blowing with the wind comments following every resultIts not called The Beautiful Game because people want long ball mid table mediocraty. Its called The Greatest Game On Earth becuase of what we''re going through, because of play off finals, because, no matter what the odds, its eleven v eleven. Its as pure as you can reasonably expect when there is money involved. I''m 51. I dont remember all the safe seasons, I remember the dogfights like this one, the last minute 30 yard strikes, the 6 pointers, I remeber that last minute goal against Boro, The League Cup Semi v Scum, the Annoucement that Leicester had lost when we''d lost at Hillsborough and the way 10,000 travelling fans turned from dispait to elation before the announcer had finished.I love it..... and if all of you dont (except Arthur - my new mate) then I genuinely pity you.No wonder you all shop in MorrisonsCOME ON YOU YELLA''S.........
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once

more,

Or close the wall up with our English dead!

In peace there''s nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility,

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger:

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect:

Let it pry through the portage of the head

Like the brass cannon; let the brow o''erwhelm it

As fearfully as doth a gallèd rock

O''erhang and jutty his confounded base,

Swilled with the wild and wasteful ocean.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,

Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit

To his full height! On, on, you noble English,

Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof,

Fathers that like so many Alexanders

Have in these parts from morn till even fought

And sheathed their swords for lack of argument.

Dishonor not your mothers; now attest

That those whom you called fathers did beget you!

Be copy now to men of grosser blood

And teach them how to war! And you, good yeomen,

Whose limbs were made in England, show us here

The mettle of your pasture. Let us swear

That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not,

For there is none of you so mean and base

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game''s afoot!

Follow your spirit; and upon this charge

Cry ''God for Harry! England and Saint George!''

I don''t get a buzz from supporting City at all these days..it just winds me up more and more and makes me ever angrier so i go off and do something i enjoy instead.

It sounds very sad written down like that...but it''s also very true.

I doubt i will go back inside Carrow Road til Doomcaster and his cronies have gone. I have other things i can spend my money on which i get something out of. Football just isn''t one of them these days. With money ever tighter, other things are more important! They have taken the piss enough times for me!

The fun and enjoyment has gone!

[quote]Better than the usual end of season fizzle out. Well remember this one  :o)[/quote]

Oh yeah. Brilliant. I hope we desperately struggle for survival next year, and the year after that etc just so things remain "exciting".

Some people.... *shakes head*

[quote]that would have been ''better'' if we were sitting in 10th?[/quote]

Yeah....

[quote]You prefer mundane and ordinary to something thats a little bit more edgy?[/quote]

IBA, driving a beat up Mini Metro around Siberia could be considered "edgy", but frankly I''d rather drive a brand new Ford Focus about in Norfolk if it means I''m safe, warm and likely to be driving around in it next year.

Putting your head in a crocodiles mouth could be considered "edgy", but I''d rather put my head in a boring old hat if it means I''ll still have a head at the end of the day.

Jumping off the top of a very tall building to reach the street could be considered "edgy", but I''d rather walk down the stairs and use the door at the bottom if it means I''m still alive and able to walk home.

You see where I''m coming from?

What I prefer is to show signs of improvement, ambition and positive football, and to fight for a chance at promotion each year - I''m sorry if thats too mundane and ordinary for you. I must be one of those people who doesn''t get a "stiffy" at the thought of us fighting for survival each year. Are you therefore glad we''re in this position in the table?