Sign in to follow this  
jacks ncfc

leauge one football is heading our way ,what do you think?

we are getting closer to regelation and only a couple wins will save us now if we go down and keep key players then we should come straight up if we also get our loanes on perment deals then we should win a lot of games

[quote user="jacks ncfc "]we are getting closer to regelation and only a couple wins will save us now if we go down and keep key players then we should come straight up if we also get our loanes on perment deals then we should win a lot of games[/quote]And you seriously think that''s going to happen?  We might be able to keep Lee, but that''s unlikely.  Croft, Clingan and Marshall will all go, along with some others no doubt.  If we go down, it will be a long hard season in my opinion.

Trouble is I think League One is getting more and more competetive each year, and consequently harder to get out of.  Next season there will be two of Leeds, MK Dons and Millwall and add to that Charlton and Southampton (if they survive) it all starts to look rather competitive. Plus there are some very decent teams like Huddersfield and Oldham. It won''t be an easy division to get out of.

The strange thing is I couldn''t care less which league we are in. If we stay up it will be more of the same struggle we have had for the last two seasons. If we go down it will be loads of new grounds to visit and a chance to play our own younger players and build for the future.

As long as Norwich City remain in business and I can support them each week I really couldn''t care less which league we are in.

[quote user="jbghost"]

As long as Norwich City remain in business and I can support them each week I really couldn''t care less which league we are in.

[/quote]

The voice of ambition. I can only assume jb is a wind-up merchant.

Those who''ve said that it''s going to be very difficult to get out of Lge One are spot-on.

[quote user="canari francais"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Oh dear what an outlook , no wonder we are stuck with Smith and her cronies , sod the football its somewhere to go for a couple of hours .

The voice of ambition. I can only assume jb is a wind-up merchant.

Those who''ve said that it''s going to be very difficult to get out of Lge One are spot-on.

[/quote]

If the club goes down i dont expect many of the current squad to stay. Croft, Lappin, Fortheringham and Nelson''s deals are all finishing so i would expect them to be off. Clingan and Marshall will command decent fee''s but i would expect to leave. While players like Pattison, Russell, Doherty, Hoolahan would all be targets for teams at the bottom of the championship or newly promoted sides like Peterborough.

If the club goes down and can stay viable financially at least we may get ourselves back on track in terms of wage bill and developing the kids from the youth team, but i doubt very much we will storm league 1. However if we stay in the championship without any further investment next season could be even harder than this one. Personally i hope we stay up and some miracle investment comes along in the summer, but not holding my breath.

I guess the team in league 1 would look something like : Rudd (GK) Otsemebor (RB) Drury (LB) Spillane (CB) Stephanovic (CB) Daley (RW) Hoolahan ? (LW) Smith (CM)  ? (CM) Macdonald (CF) Martin (CF) maybe one or two free transfers, lower league signings or a loan would come in to fill the obvious holes. Of course i could be wrong and the senior players at the club may decide to stay and right the wrongs of this season but i somehow doubt it.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

Trouble is I think League One is getting more and more competetive each year, and consequently harder to get out of.  Next season there will be two of Leeds, MK Dons and Millwall and add to that Charlton and Southampton (if they survive) it all starts to look rather competitive. Plus there are some very decent teams like Huddersfield and Oldham. It won''t be an easy division to get out of.

[/quote]

Yes it will John.................via league 2!

I''m keeping the faith - let''s give it everything for the remaining fixtures.  Some people are too quick to throw in the towel!!!!  OTBC

As far as I''m concerned, as shocking as it was yesterday to drop once again into the bottom 3, I had actually thought it likely earlier in the week. It''s just the shock of it so close to the end of the season which is worrying us all. But at the end of tomorrow, we win, Forest lose at Sheffield Utd, Saints fail to win at home against Palace, and Barnsley lost at home to swansea, and we''re back up to 20th, as I think will happen.... Yes it''ll be nail biting until the end of the season, but we need to believe, as do the players, that they are good enough to survive. We have to roar us over the line at Carrow Road and hope the likes of Russell (Norwich through and through) stand up and deliver, alongside Lee, Croft, Doherty and Shackell. These 5 men are key. We can still survive. Believe.  

If we go down, it will be mass clear out time,The wage bill will have to be cut by at least £3million to make up for the lost Championship revenue so it will be by by to the journey men, and a new team of well who knows really.