Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shirt

Assuming we go down (which I am now doing)

Do you think we''ll be more like Leicester or Forest?Bounce back or sit there and regroup for a couple of seasons. Personally I think it''ll be two or three seasons before we get back up.The loan options available to us will be more limited in League 1, we will loose Marshall, Clingan, Russle, Hoolahan, Croft, and maybe even Doc. That leaves a complete rebuilding job as we will have almost no senior players left. The chances of getting a solid squad together for a league that requires experience and physical presence on what little cash we can scrape together from the sale of 4 or 5 average players when we are in a buyers market (which we will be as a relegated club) are slim.Next seasons team:NelsonOtsemobor Spillane ??? Drury???? Smith Lappin  EagleMacDonald MartinSubs: Cureton, Pattison, Rudd, Adeyemi, Dejan, Daley.Thats really a mid table league 1 team at the very best. Defence is OK especially if we can get Dejan fit and prepared to stay.Midfield is lightweight and unproven.Attack is not totally unproven but we only have optomism to believe they can get the goals we need. Maybe if Lee is affordable we''ll be better off in this area.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Do you think we''ll be more like Leicester or Forest?Bounce back or sit there and regroup for a couple of seasons. Personally I think it''ll be two or three seasons before we get back up.The loan options available to us will be more limited in League 1, we will loose Marshall, Clingan, Russle, Hoolahan, Croft, and maybe even Doc. That leaves a complete rebuilding job as we will have almost no senior players left. The chances of getting a solid squad together for a league that requires experience and physical presence on what little cash we can scrape together from the sale of 4 or 5 average players when we are in a buyers market (which we will be as a relegated club) are slim.Next seasons team:NelsonOtsemobor Spillane ??? Drury???? Smith Lappin  EagleMacDonald MartinSubs: Cureton, Pattison, Rudd, Adeyemi, Dejan, Daley.Thats really a mid table league 1 team at the very best. Defence is OK especially if we can get Dejan fit and prepared to stay.Midfield is lightweight and unproven.Attack is not totally unproven but we only have optomism to believe they can get the goals we need. Maybe if Lee is affordable we''ll be better off in this area.[/quote]Stefanovic will be a definite starter, he will be a quality centre back in League One, if we go down.  I don''t think we''ll start with Nelson, Rudd might even get the nod.We''ll have to sign a lot of players, because in my opinion, Spillane (who looked rubbish in the JP Trophy Final), Eagle, and Martin are not good enough.From your picks I only really see Otsemebor, Drury, and maybe MacDonald starting regularly, probably with Cureton who could be good at that level.  Otherwise we''ll need a big rebuild, hopefully with Lee signing.If we go down, I don''t see us coming straight back up, we quite simply don''t have the finance or the squad to do it.  Leicester managed to keep most of their players, which to be fair were quite a good Championship team who never settled due to changing managers etc.  We''ll struggle, no doubt.

If investment comes in we should bounce straight back, without it we could sink even lower.

Eagle will be realised. That is almost certain. I think IF (i''m still holding out hope until it''s not mathmatically possible) we go down, a lot of the decent kids will get there chance. IT''s a bit of a gamble though. If they''re not good enough, we won''t get promoted. If it works, we''ll have a really good young team with loads of potential in the championship.

I think K. Smith, Rudd, Adeyemi and a few others would be starters, and possibly Spillane and Martin, but they''re a bit older now.

[quote user="canari francais"]Frankly,we haven''t got much choice but to play them. We''ve not got the cash to buy anyone decent.Gawd help us if we get back into the "loan"  market.[/quote]The Loan market is going to be SO reduced to us in the third division. We''ll be looking at Champ youngsters rather than Prem.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="canari francais"]Frankly,we haven''t got much choice but to play them. We''ve not got the cash to buy anyone decent.Gawd help us if we get back into the "loan"  market.[/quote]

The Loan market is going to be SO reduced to us in the third division. We''ll be looking at Champ youngsters rather than Prem.
[/quote]

Erm,just remind me. Apart from Bertrand just which  high quality "Prem Youngsters" have we had up till now who''ve been any good?

[quote user="singing canary"]we have a home game on monday , forrest are away to sheffield utd . it could all change again by monday evening .[/quote]

Precisely. We''ve got to really help tomorrow night. It''s hard to get a good atmosphere when it''s so nervy, but we''ve really got to put effort in tomorrow to give the players a boost.

[quote user="canari francais"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="canari francais"]Frankly,we haven''t got much choice but to play them. We''ve not got the cash to buy anyone decent.Gawd help us if we get back into the "loan"  market.[/quote]The Loan market is going to be SO reduced to us in the third division. We''ll be looking at Champ youngsters rather than Prem.[/quote]

Erm,just remind me. Apart from Bertrand just which  high quality "Prem Youngsters" have we had up till now who''ve been any good?

[/quote]How good they have turned out to be is not the question- the fact is we will be well down the list of clubs Prem clubs will want their players going to- the expirience of football in the champ is worth more to the premier league clubs than div 3. Even the players who''ve been poor wont be an option to us down another league.

Wouldn''t it be better to wait and see if we are definitely down before we start speculating about life in League One? It''s perfectly possible that this time tomorrow we will be out of the bottom three again and there will be a few more twists and turns to come.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Wouldn''t it be better to wait and see if we are definitely down before we start speculating about life in League One? It''s perfectly possible that this time tomorrow we will be out of the bottom three again and there will be a few more twists and turns to come.
[/quote]

If we win tomorrow, and Forest lose Jim, can I have your babies?[:D]

you need to bounce straight back up as its a hell of a league to play in.. look at Leeds, Forest and Bristol City... Leeds are still down there and no guarentees they will come up this year.

forest and Brizzol C were down there for a few years before coming back.

jas :)