Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Til the fat lady bellows

It ain''t over til'' it''s over - the cards are stacked against us, the chips are down, but what sort of fans would we be if we just gave in?

We have 4 games, 360 minutes to save our season. The lads need to go out there and play the next 360 minutes of football, for the next 360 minutes of football, leaving every last grain of energy they have left out there, and we need to get behind them and give them the confidence and belief to do so.

Losing is not an option, and doesn''t bare thinking about, but the stage is set for heroes to be made, and we must do all that we can to give ourselves every chance of getting out of it. So for 4 more games lets forget politics and just get behind the 11 men out there!! COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!!!

Lets be heroic.

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]It ain''t over til'' it''s over - the cards are stacked against us, the chips are down, but what sort of fans would we be if we just gave in?

We have 4 games, 360 minutes to save our season. The lads need to go out there and play the next 360 minutes of football, for the next 360 minutes of football, leaving every last grain of energy they have left out there, and we need to get behind them and give them the confidence and belief to do so.

Losing is not an option, and doesn''t bare thinking about, but the stage is set for heroes to be made, and we must do all that we can to give ourselves every chance of getting out of it. So for 4 more games lets forget politics and just get behind the 11 men out there!! COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!!!

Lets be heroic.[/quote]

Is there an interpreter in the house?  [:P]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][:#][/quote]

Seeing as we have four games to go this must be Roy Orbison in drag.

[/quote]

The big ''O'' is unfortunately ''brown bread''.....and personally, I also think that we are....

I agree things certainly aren''t good but if we give in, the team will give in, simple as that.  Yes they''re proffessionals and shouldn''t need the fans but in such a precarious position, it''s us who have more to lose.  Players can find new clubs, albeit not always easily.  Norwich are our team and will continue to be long after the players have hung up their boots.  So let''s sing, cheer and clap the current wearers of our shirts and if they don''t do the job, we''ll at least know we''ve done everything possible we could to get us out of this mess.  We can''t put the boots on ourselves but we can try and influence and control what we are able to and that is the atmosphere.  This is the opportunity for the fans, not just to turn up in loyal numbers but to make a difference vocally and for all 24,000 to let the players know they have our support. 

Re. the vocal support thread earlier this week, I made my comments on why I think the atmosphere has suffered and that is because we''ve moved away from the traditional way we used to sing our club''s songs.  Another traditional song we used to sing that hasn''t been song for a long while is "Sing your hearts out for the lads".  Okay so many people don''t feel these lads are ours and this has been a gripe throughout the season, but for the last four games, they are our lads and they are all that stands between us and relegation.  So, I urge everyone, "Sing your hearts out for the lads".  Do what you can and that is all that can be asked but don''t let us be relegated in a mire of appathy and blame.  That can wait until after the season, all it is now is divisive at a time when everyone needs to be pulling together. OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"]If Forest match our results..............we''re down.............simples.[:(][/quote] we gave games to play SO WE AINT DWN YET!!!!!!!! it could all look different monday...and then it will be we are staying up....lol...a few more twists as yet

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"]If Forest match our results..............we''re down.............simples.[:(][/quote] we gave games to play SO WE AINT DWN YET!!!!!!!! it could all look different monday...and then it will be we are staying up....lol...a few more twists as yet[/quote]I''ve done the BBC predictor up to our derby with scum and as long as we beat Waford - AND barnsley get points from their home game with swansea and aways with reading and if forest lose at sheff utd and beat coventry then we''ll be out the bottom 3 (on GD with our point at scum).I''ve tried to make the results as accurate and un-biased as possible.

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]It ain''t over til'' it''s over - the cards are stacked against us, the chips are down, but what sort of fans would we be if we just gave in?

Lets be heroic.[/quote]Wholeheartedly agree SITH.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]It ain''t over til'' it''s over - the cards are stacked against us, the chips are down, but what sort of fans would we be if we just gave in? We have 4 games, 360 minutes to save our season. The lads need to go out there and play the next 360 minutes of football, for the next 360 minutes of football, leaving every last grain of energy they have left out there, and we need to get behind them and give them the confidence and belief to do so. Losing is not an option, and doesn''t bare thinking about, but the stage is set for heroes to be made, and we must do all that we can to give ourselves every chance of getting out of it. So for 4 more games lets forget politics and just get behind the 11 men out there!! COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!!! Lets be heroic.[/quote]

Wholeheartedly agree SITH.
[/quote]

I certainly haven''t ''given in'' or I wouldn''t be travelling down to Piswich this time next week....We''ll be getting all kinds of constructive comment and a hospitable welcome from our Suffolk locals - as we stroll from the station (Walk the Gauntlet) to Poorman. Play the local Derby, and then whatever the result - it''ll be a leisurely stroll back to the station (Walk the Gauntlet) to receive more sympathy (or best wishes) for our footballing future from the Suffolk locals.....nice.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I certainly haven''t ''given in'' or I wouldn''t be travelling down to Piswich this time next week....We''ll be getting all kinds of constructive comment and a hospitable welcome from our Suffolk locals - as we stroll from the station (Walk the Gauntlet) to Poorman. Play the local Derby, and then whatever the result - it''ll be a leisurely stroll back to the station (Walk the Gauntlet) to receive more sympathy (or best wishes) for our footballing future from the Suffolk locals.....nice.

[/quote]

Strain of the train, Mello ?

Take the car instead.......remembering of course to alter those pesky little postcodes on your number plates and scrape off all those incriminating '' Delia Rocks '' stickers on the windows.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Take the car instead.......remembering of course to alter those pesky little postcodes on your number plates and scrape off all those incriminating '' Delia Rocks '' stickers on the windows.

[/quote]

Yes, it''s the ''choo choo and hide in the loo'' for me and my chums, I think going by ''soccer special'' is all part of the ''experience''.....I quite enjoy it really, the bobbies aren''t that bad - and being crammed and rammed into the returning carriages, has a sort of intimacy and we''re all in it together ''thing''.....It''s a joy to watch the local "Deliverance Extra''s"  all "Hootin'' an'' a hollerin'' an'' a spittin'' an'' a cursin''!"..........It''s Big Fun!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, it''s the ''choo choo and hide in the loo'' for me and my chums, I think going by ''soccer special'' is all part of the ''experience''.....I quite enjoy it really, the bobbies aren''t that bad - and being crammed and rammed into the returning carriages, has a sort of intimacy and we''re all in it together ''thing''.....It''s a joy to watch the local "Deliverance Extra''s"  all "Hootin'' an'' a hollerin'' an'' a spittin'' an'' a cursin''!"..........It''s Big Fun!

[/quote]

Good luck then Mello.

I''ve sampled the said '' Canary Experience '' many years ago. There was plenty a hootin'' an'' a hollerin'' an'' a spittin'' an'' a cursin''....... and that was just from the Old Bill and his pack of snarling hounds. I expect Her Majesty''s RSM''s with the loud hailers bring a tear to your eye with all that, " Right you ''orrible little shower....I want to see you miserable specimens of humanity march out of ''ere at double quick time.....on the double, left, right, left, right, left, right.... "

One good tip : Afterwards as you''re herded out of the ground trying to side-step the horse s*it the entire cast of '' The Hills Have Eyes '' will faithfully shuffle up to the police line across Portman Road lobbing various half eaten body parts at you. I''ve always found it helpful if you stay as close to the wall as possible to avoid copping a severed head in the lug ''ole.

Enjoy.