Sign in to follow this  
ca

Whats your team for Watford game?

Mine would be

Marshall

Semmy  Doc  Shacks   Bertrand

Croft    Clingan  Gow  Lappin

Mooney  Lee

Afraid I would drop Lappin after two average games. Done his best out of position but we can''t afford to be overrun in centre midfield again.MarshallOtsemobor Doherty Shackell BertrandCroft Russell Clingan GowMooney LeeSubs: Nelson, Drury, Lappin, Smith, McDonald.

[quote user="PBTC"]Afraid I would drop Lappin after two average games. Done his best out of position but we can''t afford to be overrun in centre midfield again.

Marshall
Otsemobor Doherty Shackell Bertrand
Croft Russell Clingan Gow
Mooney Lee

Subs: Nelson, Drury, Lappin, Smith, McDonald.
[/quote]

Agree with this. I might be tempted to start Cody instaed of Mooney tho.

mine is

marshall

drury   shackall            doherty   bertrand

croft    russell   clingan

gow        lee        mcdonald

subsnelson,lappin,smith,mooney,ostembor

[quote user="PBTC"]Afraid I would drop Lappin after two average games. Done his best out of position but we can''t afford to be overrun in centre midfield again.

Marshall
Otsemobor Doherty Shackell Bertrand
Croft Russell Clingan Gow
Mooney Lee

Subs: Nelson, Drury, Lappin, Smith, McDonald.
[/quote]

I''d be happy with that too, was in two minds re Lappin anyway

What was the point in Leijjer signing?I would go with an all ou attack like the season we won the title, A point in games is no good now. Clingan has played well when asked to play centre back and we can get rid of the Donkey (This will not happedn unfortunately) I would play Carney as he can cross!!                                                    MarshallOtsemobor                       Shackell            Clingan                      Bertrand

Carney                                           Russell                                  Lappin

Gow

Mooney             LeeSubs: Macdonald, Doc, Drury, Nelson and Croft.Can bring on Macdonald with 30 minutes left and utilise his pace against tired players!

How on earth can Otsemobor keep his place ...... but Adan Drury is very left sided so that must be a non-starter.

Marshall

Russell    Docherty   Shackell   Bertrand

Croft   Gow  Clingan   Lappin

Mooney  Lee

Subs Nelson, Smith Drury McDonald Adeyemi

------------------Marsh----------------------Semmy---Doc----Shacks---Drury--------Clingan---Russle---Pattison--------------Gow-Lee-Mooney---------I''ve gone for a team that can tackle and pass. Drury needs to be in to give us the experience and positional sense the defence lacks week in week out (I don''t see an alternative at right back). 3 in the middle all with a bit of bite and 3 up front so we might actually threaten their goal.

marshall        semi        doherty         shackell     bertrand

croft        clingan      lappin          carney

Mooney   Gow

subs: nelson, drury, russell, mcdonald, leesubs timings:gow-Lee (60 mins)lappin- russell (70 mins)Mooney- mcdonald (75mins)

Marshall

Semmy  Doherty   Shackall   Bertrand

Croft   Clingan   Lappin   Gow

Mooney    Lee

Subs: drury, russel, mcdonald, Carney and Nelson

We need to attack, we need to fight ourselves out of the mess we are in and we need to set out in a different way to yesterday. I''m hoping the reason behind Gow not playing was ensuring he''s fit tomorrow, which in theory was the one you''d target as the more winnable game. Gow is vital.

I dont believe we can afford to play russel, his discipline is a liability, and we cant afford either a sending off or him missing tackles becasue hes been booke.d

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]------------------Marsh-------------------
---Semmy---Doc----Shacks---Drury---

-----Clingan---Russle---Pattison----

----------Gow-Lee-Mooney---------

I''ve gone for a team that can tackle and pass. Drury needs to be in to give us the experience and positional sense the defence lacks week in week out (I don''t see an alternative at right back). 3 in the middle all with a bit of bite and 3 up front so we might actually threaten their goal.

[/quote]

Totally agree with this. Play 3 up front and show some balls. Don''t forget this is a must win game.

Perhaps if we had the courage earlier in the season to do this in certain games we wouldn''t be in the cack now.

Pattison? you been on the juice or what, no Russell for me too slow and a liability at this stage

Gunn must go all out attack against Watford. It is a must win game. No poncing around. Attack from the first minute, high tempo, in the way Liverpool have been playing of late. Everytime Marshall gets the ball, he puts in quick long clearances downfield for our strikers to run onto. The team therefore:

Marshall

Smith   Doherty  Shackell   Bertrand

Russell Clingan

Croft                                    Gow

Mooney  Lee  

Ostemobor dropped for Korey Smith at right back. Russell and Clingan to be told to sit deep and work hard, feeding the four attacking players, who are told to sit high up the pitch, and attack at every opportunity with the two full backs pushing right up. This is a must win game, and we have to go all out to get 3 goals as quickly as possible. And if Watford start causing problems, the strategy reverts to a Mike Walker one - outscore the opposition.

Sadly I fear that''ll never happen. Gunn is looking increasingly clueless and risk averse.  

Marshall

Semmy  Doc  Shacks   Bertrand

Croft           Clingan         Lappin

gow

Mooney     Lee

i would give gow the freedom to make things happen...and it could easily be reverted to 4-4-2 if needed [Y]

god i hope we win monday....come on city!!!!!!!!!

Lee and McDonald starting upfront for me.

I know young Cody is still a rookie and might not be up to the rigours of a Championship start, but he is the most direct player we have. Yes, Croft has all the speed but tends to be a numbed threat due to his crossing and shooting ability, Gow is great at running at defences but keeps his head down far too long, and everyone else we have available ain''t much of a runner.

Every time McDonald gets the ball he does something; first game he scored, second game he almost scored a belter, against Sheffield Wednesday his direct running got Spurr sent off. We need to have a player that gets the crowd up and shouting, and that we know if the ball drops in the 18 yard box he''s likely to snap it in. Lee will supply the muscle  enough to keep those big Watford defenders off of him.

Marshall

Otsemobor   Doherty     Shackell   Bertrand

Clingan

Russell

Croft                               Gow

Lee         MacDonald

Go for it with 2 forwards and 2 attacking-orientated midfielders, Russell being as box-to-box as he can, Clingan holding.  Bertrand and Otsemobor to utilize the space in front of them, they have the speed and stamina to hold those areas.

Subs- Mooney, Leijer, Lappin, Adeyemi, Smith

I want some fight in midfield, so Russell''s back in.  Hopefully his brain''s back in his head.                              MarshallOtsemobor    Doc      Shacks      DruryGow          Clingan       Russell      Bertrand                      Mooney     Lee

Attack down the right, keep it tight on the left in a Roeder "great escape" style.

GK. Marshall

LB. Bertand

CB. Doherty

CB. Shackell

RB Otsemobor

LM. Gow

CM. Clingan

CM. Russel

RM Croft

FW. Macdonald

FW. Lee

Subs. Nelson , Mooney , Drury , Smith , Lappin

Cmon Fellow City Fans Lets Get Behind The Lads Tommorow And Give Them All Our Support. Lets Show Them How Loud We Can Be Tommorow.
OTBC.

City Till I Die

Marshall

Sem    Doc   Shacks   Bertrand

Croft    Clingan   Russell Lappin

Mooney   Lee

Everyone plays in their natural position, it''s got balance and it keeps things straightforward.

We have no options that make a difference in defence, our best players are the ones that go forward and we have no central midfielder that is worthy of the name.  4-2-3-1 for me,  esp now we have players with pace and energy.  The two deep midfielder clsoe space (neither can tackle so dont pretend to try to win the ball,  just make thing difficult for their runners from midfield,  and try to stop them getting time to shoot) and to cover for the full backs as they go forward,  and whose role is to release the ball for the pacier front four or hit the ball long to the target man.

Marshall

Ots   Doc   Shacks Betrand

Clingon   Lappin

Croft     Gow      Mooney 

Lee

Cody on for last 25 mins to re-inject some pace

And remember what we were doing when we won a couple - passion and committment.

Alternatively back to the 4-4-2 that was working

Marshall

Ots   Doc   Shacks Betrand

Croft  Clingon  Russell   Carney

Gow   Mooney