Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Penalty Was A Dive!!!!!

Just seen the highlights on ITV and the penalty was a bloody dive wasnt it?!!!! The ref was right on the spot and i cant believe he gave it, minimal contact and Scotland went down like he''d been shot.

outrageous but it seems like diving is ok as long as  someone makes the slightest bit of contact ,it was pathetic  a bloody great lump like scotland going over like that  i`m surprised he could compose himself to take the penalty i bet he was laughing that much

Well that is 3 pionts lost in last two games from bad Ref decisions, so when people say dont plame the Ref, where would we be if all of those decisions went are way (and personally, i dont remember many if any decsions we got, that shouldnt have been (that affect the games result, there is the odd frre-kick, corner, throw in ect) please correct me if im wrong, but bad decisions seem to effect us badley (from the Ref and Managers/board))

To be honest i dint even think it was a dive. It was such a blatant clumsy tackle from doherty. The sort of challenge you tend to expect from him.

[quote user="Wallerboy"]To be honest i dint even think it was a dive. It was such a blatant clumsy tackle from doherty. The sort of challenge you tend to expect from him.[/quote]

Agree.  How many is that Donkerty has conceded this season?  He even pointed to the spot for the ref.  Bloody liability.

It was a crowded box, don''t think scotland was gonna do anything dangerous with the ball so why stick out your leg, ridiculousw. Thats doherty''s major problem, solid for 99 percent of the time, but always likely to mess up big time every 3 games. The titus bramble of the championship...well brambles improved on that now, but you get my point!

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]How many is that Donkerty has conceded this season?[/quote]Two - and one of which was never a penalty. That one was and a stupid challenge to boot. But still it''s good to see the Doc bashers crawling out of the woodwork again.

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[quote user="Wallerboy"]To be honest i dint even think it was a dive. It was such a blatant clumsy tackle from doherty. The sort of challenge you tend to expect from him.[/quote]

Agree.  How many is that Donkerty has conceded this season?  He even pointed to the spot for the ref.  Bloody liability.

[/quote]Yep. Our most consistent player, who has been very solid for us over the season. He''s not a bloody liability, but you''re a bloody idiot.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]
Yep. Our most consistent player, who has been very solid for us over the season. He''s not a bloody liability, but you''re a bloody idiot.
[/quote]

LMAO sorry but i didn''t think it was a dive and if you watch it you should see that aswell. It was a reckless challenge and out of all the defenders at the club i expect doherty to be the one to make that sort of challenge.

Not saying he hasn''t bin consistent this season and of course everyone makes mistakes. That mistake cost us a priceless point yesterday.

[quote user="Wallerboy"]To be honest i dint even think it was a dive. It was such a blatant clumsy tackle from doherty. The sort of challenge you tend to expect from him.[/quote]Summed up perfectly, he is a absolute crap defender. Consistently crap yes! just look at our defensive record the past few seasons and he is the spine of it. He must be cleared out soonest.

It''s all swings and roundabouts, football.

Sure we''ve had some dodgy decisions against us recently but we''re bound to notice them more when we''re not winning.

I was there yesterday and if it was a dive I didn''t notice our players complaining too much.

Blatant penalty. If it was the other way round you would have been screaming for a penalty to City!  Wake up

[quote user="Wallerboy"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]Yep. Our most consistent player, who has been very solid for us over the season. He''s not a bloody liability, but you''re a bloody idiot.[/quote]

LMAO sorry but i didn''t think it was a dive and if you watch it you should see that aswell. It was a reckless challenge and out of all the defenders at the club i expect doherty to be the one to make that sort of challenge.

Not saying he hasn''t bin consistent this season and of course everyone makes mistakes. That mistake cost us a priceless point yesterday.

[/quote]Where did i say it wasn''t a penalty? I agree in that it was a penalty, and it was a mistake on Doc''s behalf.I wasn''t directing it at you, simply the one who classes him as a ''liability'' even though without him, we''d of conceded far more this season. It''s interesting, until now there has been very few people slating Doc..i wonder why. One mistake, and suddenly he''s the worst defender we have.

OF course it was a penalty. No question about it. Some of you are just clutching at straws. The bottom line is that we were not good enough yesterday;like for most of the season. Our away record is ATROCIOUS.

As usual Doc was about 3 hours to late with the challenge, blatent penalty. Doc has been one of our better performers this season but he''s so painfully cumbersome and slow he is always liable to give free kicks and pens away.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Well that is 3 pionts lost in last two games from bad Ref decisions, so when people say dont plame the Ref, where would we be if all of those decisions went are way (and personally, i dont remember many if any decsions we got, that shouldnt have been (that affect the games result, there is the odd frre-kick, corner, throw in ect) please correct me if im wrong, but bad decisions seem to effect us badley (from the Ref and Managers/board))
[/quote]

When you play OK and win games and things are going well you never seem to mind the ref''s decisions.

When you play crap all season and look as if you are going down it''s all the Ref''s fault.

Easy cop out, we are rubbish let''s all blame the Ref.

We are the ones in charge of our own destiny, and we haven''t had a crap ref every game.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Wallerboy"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]
Yep. Our most consistent player, who has been very solid for us over the season. He''s not a bloody liability, but you''re a bloody idiot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where did i say it wasn''t a penalty? I agree in that it was a penalty, and it was a mistake on Doc''s behalf.
I wasn''t directing it at you, simply the one who classes him as a ''liability'' even though without him, we''d of conceded far more this season. It''s interesting, until now there has been very few people slating Doc..i wonder why. One mistake, and suddenly he''s the worst defender we have.
[/quote]

Hogesar, I am entitled to my opinion.  But you are not entitled to call me an idiot.

Resorting to name calling makes you look like a child.

i think it was a dive.. thats life though.. look how many penalties we won with a certain D Huckerby in the side..... he didnt exactly try hard to stay on his feet sometimes...

we shouldnt be in this position at this stage of the season anyway... its all immaterial now.

tit for tat as they say.

jas :)

[quote user="coops"]Blatant penalty. If it was the other way round you would have been screaming for a penalty to City!  Wake up[/quote]

Quite so.  But it is also true that since the debacle that was the Bistol City game (dodgy penalty given against (+ red card), dead cert penalty not given for) we have had as many as 4 pretty clear pens turned down, which could/would have gleaned enough points to have us sat quite nicely outside the bottom 3.

The idea that these things even themselves out is all well and good, but they damn well sure as hell don''t look likely to do this season unless something bizarre happens in the next 4 games.

It was a penalty and as blatant as they come, Doherty took his left leg then pointed that he got the ball!

I can''t believe we have given so many penalties away this season, thats just not ''bad luck'',thats just poor decision making and it seems that we aren''t learning from it! These players seem to have very little common sense when going about their profession.

Scotland made the most of the situation he just fell over doc''s outstretched leg therfore it was a penalty.  The main problem was the ball came in from the left too easily and doc just had to try and deal with the situation (not well on this occation). In my opinion doc has been one of our most constistant performers this season. Incidently, the ref at the swansea game was not quite so benevolent to

us when one of their players handled the ball inside our penalty area!! This seems to have happended a few times this season coventry

at home comes to mind.However, the problem of the ball being put into our penalty area too easily is a bit of a re-occuring theme, it happended last week against sheffield wednesday when cofty did not manage to make a challenge on their player and allowed him to cut in from the left and get a shot in and score, i''m not singling cofty out because he has been fairly good for us defensively. Similar thing happened at Birmingham when Carney gave up the ball too easily to the brummy wideman and he then crossed the ball in for jarome to score (fouling marshall in the process I might add)  

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Hogesar, I am entitled to my opinion.  But you are not entitled to call me an idiot.

Resorting to name calling makes you look like a child.

[/quote]I agree entirely - curious about your use of the word "Donkerty" though? Does that not class as name calling?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Wallerboy"]To be honest i dint even think it was a dive. It was such a blatant clumsy tackle from doherty. The sort of challenge you tend to expect from him.[/quote]

Summed up perfectly, he is a absolute crap defender. Consistently crap yes! just look at our defensive record the past few seasons and he is the spine of it. He must be cleared out soonest.
[/quote]

What aload of sh*te!

Name me a central defender whos played around the same amount of games as Doc that hasn''t given away penalties in their career? -  

The Doc has been one of our best players and apart from his lack of goals you wouldn''t find many better CB''s at this level

I thought Scotland went down very theatrically, it was a "sniper in the crowd" moment, but it WAS a penalty.Yes Scotland threw himself to the ground, but there was significant contact, stone-wall pen in my book.We would have been outraged if it had been one of our players in that position and it hadnt been given.I don''t think you can put it in the same box as that cheating t**t Andy Johnson.Never mind, that''s life. It''s game day again, so we have a chance to make immediate amends. I have a feeling they will make us proud today and destroy Watford, and hopefully Forest vs Sheff U will go to form and we''ll be sitting, albeit very uncomfortably, a point clear of the drop zone tonight.OTBC

[quote user="Wallerboy"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[/quote]Yep. Our most consistent player, who has been very solid for us over the season. He''s not a bloody liability, but you''re a bloody idiot.[/quote]

[/quote]Errmmm - I take it you looked at the results? A point would have done very little about our current predicament. We needed all three. Sure we would only be a point away from Forrest and a draw to get back infront of them but we would still be in the same league position. Any result from Forrest today and anything but a win from us and we are down if you ask me.That would leave us a minimun of three points adrift with three games to go. If it goes as far as five then we are gone. So it really is crunch today and we must win at all costs, no ifs or buts about it.On refereeing decisions - even if you don''t count yesterday I think we would have four or more points in the bag. Its not the only reason we are where we are but you cannot deny the decision making has been pretty poor lately. The goal that never was for example.

Not true at all. If you look at the stats ,we''ve lost hardly any games by more than one goal,and none by 3 or more.

If you are getting stuffed 4 or five-nil,then the odd penalty against doesn''t matter,but in our case they''d have meant an extra 6 pts at least. You cannot put it down to dodgy referees. It''s just p*ss poor defending. Naivete usually(as ot was with Doc on Sat. He should know better. These pens are going to cost us relegation.