Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

who would think it reasonable...

that if we lose to Ipswich next week the players are forced by the club to travel back on the train with Norwich fans?

then they might actually give a sh*t after hearing our opiions face to face.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

that if we lose to Ipswich next week the players are forced by the club to travel back on the train with Norwich fans?

[/quote]

Not allowed by the rules of the Football League nor by the players membership of the PFA - standard players contract.

"The club to which the player is contracted must, at all times, guarantee the personal safety of the player on any engagement in which he/she is representing the club to which they are contracted whether in a match fixture or any personal appearance sanctioned by the club concerned.  Any club deemed to be in breach of these rules may be open to sanction and/or legal action by the aforementioned Football League and or PFA and any other authorised body.  The club concerned shall be held wholly responsible for the personal security of any player contracted to them under the terms of this Agreement and must take such steps as are necessary to ensure obligation with this Agreement."

Jolly good luck with your idea.  [:|]

No chance - you can''t squeeze another 11 bodies onto that one train home...

Who was the City player that walked home years ago (possibly before my time) after being disgusted at himself for having a shocker?

[/quote]

Its not the players fault they''re not good enough Jas. Would you expect someone with no experience maths to solve a quadratic equation? Swansea have a better squad of players at thier dissposal, as do Ipswich.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Its not the players fault they''re not good enough Jas. Would you expect someone with no experience maths to solve a quadratic equation? Swansea have a better squad of players at thier dissposal, as do Ipswich.

[/quote]

We''ve proved on fleeting occasions that we are good enough, Swansea were by far the better team but I was disapointed the team didn''t fight more than what they did as we could of got something out of that game!

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]No doubt some people (aka stupid thugs) would take things too far though.[/quote]

thats a point.. theres always one plonker out there! i wouldnt want to see the worst happen.

Cam. if thats the case how come palace took the tube to charlton when their coach broke down last season? im sure it was them! read it in the sun though so probably fabricated in some way.

Pete, i think it was a player named Dough Lochead.... anyone here old enough to see him play?

We have players that are good enough,when they are bothered! Anytime they get out of an aircraft they seem to loose the ability to play football! They should have made them drive back in their team bus yesterday so they can feel they have been punished or short changed like we were!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We''ve proved on fleeting occasions that we are good enough, Swansea were by far the better team but I was disapointed the team didn''t fight more than what they did as we could of got something out of that game!

[/quote]

Fleeting occasions? I dont think so. They have sprung a couple of inspired gutsy performances this season but they certainly werent a result of player quality. Remove all the loanees we have had on board this season and name three players you consider quality? Get real, the players we actually do own are all lacking essential qualities.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Not allowed by the rules of the Football League nor by the players membership of the PFA - standard players contract.

"The club to which the player is contracted must, at all times, guarantee the personal safety of the player on any engagement in which he/she is representing the club to which they are contracted whether in a match fixture or any personal appearance sanctioned by the club concerned.  Any club deemed to be in breach of these rules may be open to sanction and/or legal action by the aforementioned Football League and or PFA and any other authorised body.  The club concerned shall be held wholly responsible for the personal security of any player contracted to them under the terms of this Agreement and must take such steps as are necessary to ensure obligation with this Agreement."

Jolly good luck with your idea.  [:|]

[/quote]

I think you will find that Wimbledon used to travel to their away games by train. Dave Beasant told a superb story about the crazy gang, saying that just for a laugh they would select one player, virtually strip him and then sling all his clothes out of the train window. Adding his apologies if you were hit by a pair of shoes at Watford Junction !!!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

No chance - you can''t squeeze another 11 bodies onto that one train home...

Who was the City player that walked home years ago (possibly before my time) after being disgusted at himself for having a shocker?

[/quote]

Was it Peter Thorne?

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fleeting occasions? I dont think so. They have sprung a couple of inspired gutsy performances this season but they certainly werent a result of player quality. Remove all the loanees we have had on board this season and name three players you consider quality? Get real, the players we actually do own are all lacking essential qualities.

[/quote]

Find it hard to disagree with that.

[/quote]If we loose at Ipswich and are as good as down - I wonder how many of the players we have would bother turning up to the last two games . . . . Is there any point when the likes of Bertrand, Gow, Mooney, Clingan, Marshall and Shackell are all unlikely to be with us next season? Maybe even Lee - would he want to drop a division?

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Three players? Hoolahan, Clingan and Stefanovic.The problem isn''t whether we have quality or not, its getting that quality to shine as a team on a regular and consistant basis. Obviously that is difficult when one of those has been injured for a while and the another is also now injured but I think it is hard to deny the fact that there is quality in this squad just that for a large chunk of the season those few with quality have not been enough.Again I will ask you to cast your mind back to the play-off final season. That team was hardly riddled with quality. You would be hard pushed to name three quality players out of that squad too. And infact our promotion season - you had Huckerby, Francis and Green. I wouldnt say that we have had more than three quality players down the years.And before you say it Mackay was not quality - he gave away as many freekicks as Doherty only Doherty can pass and play long balls where as Mackay was a hoofballer. People seem to forget that about him, Fleming was what made that defence quality.