Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

No more messing..simple answer SCREWED or NOT SCREWED

Not screwed yet, but will be in last chance saloon if we don''t get results sharpish; the players must know that we need c7pts from the last 4 games - the sad thing is that 7 from 6 looked so much easier. 

But a win tomorrow and defeat for either (or both) of Forest and Barnsley and things will look completely different again going into the final 3 games.

the difference is that we can''t pick up points away, and produce at home far too infrequently; whilst teams around us seem capable of producing a result when needed (ie Plymouth, Forest etc etc). It kills me to say it but the fat lady is practising her scales as we speak.screwed

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Head says screwed, heart says not quite screwed but it will be squeaky bum time.

[/quote]

Agree with you WAY.

Yes, we''ll all be getting through a few cans of WD40 before the dust settles.

[/quote]

lol I don''t think even WD40 would stop me squeaking[:)]

Screwed , Forest and Barnsley look more than capable of getting the points they need , whilst we just dont look up to the job . Defeat at home to Sheff Weds has just left us with to much to do .

[quote user="Fonejacker"]the difference is that we can''t pick up points away, and produce at home far too infrequently; whilst teams around us seem capable of producing a result when needed (ie Plymouth, Forest etc etc). It kills me to say it but the fat lady is practising her scales as we speak.

screwed
[/quote]

The truth is actually a little different to what you suggest: before yesterday Forest had lost 3 and drawn 1 of their previous 4 games, Barnsley had drawn 3 and lost 1, we had won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 so had the better recent form of the three sides who seem to be in the mix. 

Win tomorrow and things will look completely different, but of course lose and we are well in the crapper.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Fonejacker"]the difference is that we can''t pick up points away, and produce at home far too infrequently; whilst teams around us seem capable of producing a result when needed (ie Plymouth, Forest etc etc). It kills me to say it but the fat lady is practising her scales as we speak.screwed [/quote]

The truth is actually a little different to what you suggest: before yesterday Forest had lost 3 and drawn 1 of their previous 4 games, Barnsley had drawn 3 and lost 1, we had won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 so had the better recent form of the three sides who seem to be in the mix. 

Win tomorrow and things will look completely different, but of course lose and we are well in the crapper.

[/quote]I appreciate what you''re saying Branston. I hadn''t analysed things that deeply, I just posted how I see things.

not screwed ...... we will be back to square one again , i cant see sheffield united losing at home to forrest , and we will give watford a good beating .

Coventry play both Forest and Barnsley in the space of four days next week. If the same Coventry no-show appears as it did against Plymouth on Sat,then we are,Ladies and Gents,well and truly SCREWED.

Of course,if we fail to turn up ourselves today,then it''s all academic......

No Deal Noel!!!! oops.. that wasnt the question.. sorry!

lose today and i think its good night vienna...

win today and we live to fight another day!

jas :)