Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Gunn's managerial record....

here , here , lord snooty .. hes hardly been given a big budget to bring in who he wants .

but hes still managed to bring in fowards who can score goals , when we needed them .

with him in charge , we would have a more settled team .

this is roeders fault we are in this mess like everywhere else hes been .

burnley were in the same position as us when he left them , it is not just fate or gunnys fault at all , hes done well with what we have.

charlton , southampton , barnsley to go down .

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

The only difference between what is and what might have been is that the moaners on this thread would be using another name instead of Gunn. There is a good old saying that you can''t make a silk purse from a sow''s ear. Look at the squad Gunn inherited, the morale he inherited, the passion he inherited, the lack of funds he inherited and try to persuade me that another manager, probably a complete stranger to the club and the players would have done better.

Give the man time, at least we know how he feels about the club and we should know that he won''t be running away looking for another club, as past managers have, if the going gets tough, showing no regard for Norwich City or the supporters.

[/quote]

Brian''s a great guy, passionate, honest - and certainly knows the club better than many.

Yep, if it all goes ''boobs up'' there''s always a niche for Brian at Carra for him to return to, or fall back on.

But we''re still 3rd bottom - and we were 3rd bottom when he took the challenge...Is that an improvement? Table don''t lie....

Have just read the feelings of Swansea Manager Roberto Martinez -

"Norwich are a good footballing side and it''s a shame to see them where they are now," he said. "They are a very different side now to what they were at the start of the season, with a lot of new players.

"They have collected a lot a points recently and I can see why.

"They have a good target man in Alan Lee and can play long balls to him - but they can also play it short.

"It is going to be a tough fight for them. But I expect Norwich to pick up a lot of points between now and the end of the season."

Someone with a far better pedigree to make comment than the constant moaners who seem to enjoy nothing more than criticising every manager, most players, the board, the academy, the coaches ........ the weather, the government, the price of beer, the cost of a TV licence and anything else they can think about.

If the team is not doing too well they need support not the extra burden of trying to appease an extra thousand or two moaners.

than the constant moaners who seem to enjoy nothing more than criticising every manager, most players, the board, the academy, the coaches ........ the weather, the government, the price of beer, the cost of a TV licence and anything else they can think about.

[/quote]

You won''t find any of them on here[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

than the constant moaners who seem to enjoy nothing more than criticising every manager, most players, the board, the academy, the coaches ........ the weather, the government, the price of beer, the cost of a TV licence and anything else they can think about.

[/quote]

[/quote]I bought a pie at Carrow Road last week, £2.50 it was! £2.50!  For a bit of pastry with unidentifiable vegetables in it!My teeth hurt.

LS it isn''t criticism of Gunn. It is simply saying that in most walks of life, in desperate times you turn to experience. We all know that a change of regieme usually does the trick temporarily and that was exactly what we needed. The players choose Gunny according to Roger Munby, and one of those was Cureton! Now that is crazy!!!!

"Norwich are a good footballing side and it''s a shame to see them where they are now," he said. "They are a very different side now to what they were at the start of the season, with a lot of new players.

"They have a good target man in Alan Lee and can play long balls to him - but they can also play it short.

"It is going to be a tough fight for them. But I expect Norwich to pick up a lot of points between now and the end of the season."

Someone with a far better pedigree to make comment than the constant moaners who seem to enjoy nothing more than criticising every manager, most players, the board, the academy, the coaches ........ the weather, the government, the price of beer, the cost of a TV licence and anything else they can think about.

If the team is not doing too well they need support not the extra burden of trying to appease an extra thousand or two moaners.

[/quote]

Moaning? Or is it having alternative and different opinion regarding his managerial record?  Brian was in my mind, and knowing the ''modus operandi'' of our ''cleverer than the rest'' board, was the cheap option, I admire the guy immensely - but he''s not a football manager. He may develop in time into a decent coach, but now is not the time. He fails, he goes back to doing his previous role within the club...I''m certain he won''t be head-hunted by another club to take the reins as a manager....

You''ll be saying our current CEO would make a good Prime Minister next.... 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There does seem to be an abundance of club psychophantic fawning flip flop fanatics, though....Must not criticise, bad, bad, bad to criticise![:O]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[/quote]

Moaning? Or is it having alternative and different opinion regarding his managerial record?  Brian was in my mind, and knowing the ''modus operandi'' of our ''cleverer than the rest'' board, was the cheap option, I admire the guy immensely - but he''s not a football manager. He may develop in time into a decent coach, but now is not the time. He fails, he goes back to doing his previous role within the club...I''m certain he won''t be head-hunted by another club to take the reins as a manager....

You''ll be saying our current CEO would make a good Prime Minister next.... 

[/quote]

He may develop into a decent coach - we don''t need a coach we needed a manager. One day people will realise the difference between the two jobs. Roberto Martinez was manager where, before he gained success at Swansea? Roberto di Matteo was manager where, before he took MK Dons to the top of League One, Gianfranco Zola was manager where before West Ham? Where was Darren Ferguson manager before Peterborough? If they can be successful why can''t Bryan Gunn?