Sign in to follow this  
Puzzy magnet

Penultimate visit to Carrow Rd for a while?

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]I have renewed for next season but I can''t face league one.

Ergo, today might be one of my last visits for a while.

Anyone else the same?[/quote]

I have renewed for next season but i can''t face league one,BUT i''ll bloody be there come next season what ever division,Norwich is my drug of choice and i can''t kick the habit no matter how bad it gets.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]I have renewed for next season but I can''t face league one.

I have renewed for next season but i can''t face league one,BUT i''ll bloody be there come next season what ever division,Norwich is my drug of choice and i can''t kick the habit no matter how bad it gets.

[/quote]BANG...NAIL HEAD!!![Y]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Looking forward to the 15% rebate in these belt-tightening times.[/quote]

Yep....and so am I!

Totally agree Lol Morgan.  Not comprehending it until last match of the season but maybe relegation would sort out those with it in their blood from those for whom it is a pleasant day out

Agree Yarmouth, but those who who started to go for a great day out might just find that without their fix they haven''t the heart nor soul for shopping/DIY/anything but football on a Saturday afternoon. We can but hope. I will be there, whatever the league we are in. I love the club far too much to stop going, even if good sense tells me otherwise!

I''m only a lowly member, but I haven''t renewed, I didn''t need to be a member when I watched City last play in the third division.....and I don''t think I''ll be changing it this time around either..[:S]

[quote user="Yarmouthyellow1"]Totally agree Lol Morgan.  Not comprehending it until last match of the season but maybe relegation would sort out those with it in their blood from those for whom it is a pleasant day out[/quote]That doesn''t even make sense. He is saying he won''t go next season because he can''t face league one, and you agree with him by saying it will sort out those with it in their blood from the nice day-outers. You totally contradict yourself in the space of one sentence.Lol Morgan, absolutely pathetic. You support the yellow and green regardless of where they are in the league. Yes it''s sad if we get relegated, but I will be there whether we are in the championship or league one next season, and I will be there as often as finances and logistics allow. Can you say "glory supporter"?? (not that we''ve had much glory recently, maybe "fairweather supporter" would be more appropriate.)

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m only a lowly member, but I haven''t renewed, I didn''t need to be a member when I watched City last play in the third division.....and I don''t think I''ll be changing it this time around either..[:S][/quote]

If we are league 1 i think we will still get 20000 each week just to see if we can get out of the league,come the following season and if we''re still down there then i think it will drop to about 15000.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Agree Yarmouth, but those who who started to go for a great day out might just find that without their fix they haven''t the heart nor soul for shopping/DIY/anything but football on a Saturday afternoon. We can but hope. I will be there, whatever the league we are in. I love the club far too much to stop going, even if good sense tells me otherwise![/quote]

Yeah, it''s an obsession and a fix....and also, I do so want to be there - when ND and Co....leave for pastures new.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Agree Yarmouth, but those who who started to go for a great day out might just find that without their fix they haven''t the heart nor soul for shopping/DIY/anything but football on a Saturday afternoon. We can but hope. I will be there, whatever the league we are in. I love the club far too much to stop going, even if good sense tells me otherwise![/quote]

Yeah, it''s an obsession and a fix....and also, I do so want to be there - when ND and Co....leave for pastures new.

[/quote]

Lets hope the rumours of an ex player consortium is true!!

We can''t have everything now Mello. Think they maybe around for a while yet, but think like this. In 10, 20 years time they won''t be. I will be (good luck and health permitting), so will you and thousands of others. You know what my opinions of the board are (and I don''t want to go into it all again as want to remain positive for this afternoon!), but I told myself a few years ago that I would still be at CR long after they had gone, and I intend to stick to that plan. NCFC were in my blood long before the present board got us where we are, it''s a lifelong affliction/passion/pain/joy. A habit that you can''t stick a patch on your arm for and hope that you are cured. I still love matchday, despite the pressure of today. Wouldn''t want to be anywhere else this afternoon.

Not so kick it off, please see Lol Morgan''s second posting if you didn''t clarifying he can''t face League 1 football but would still be there because it''s in the blood - unless I''ve misundertsood him??  I was intending to reply to this and not the opening statement/question if that helps.  To clarify then, yes if people bail out on relegation, to me it would partly separate those with it in the blood to those for whom it is a afternoon out.  I would be there rain or shine. 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]We can''t have everything now Mello. Think they maybe around for a while yet, but think like this. In 10, 20 years time they won''t be. I will be (good luck and health permitting), so will you and thousands of others. You know what my opinions of the board are (and I don''t want to go into it all again as want to remain positive for this afternoon!), but I told myself a few years ago that I would still be at CR long after they had gone, and I intend to stick to that plan. NCFC were in my blood long before the present board got us where we are, it''s a lifelong affliction/passion/pain/joy. A habit that you can''t stick a patch on your arm for and hope that you are cured. I still love matchday, despite the pressure of today. Wouldn''t want to be anywhere else this afternoon.[/quote]

Sadly for me Gazza, I can''t see me being around either![:''(]

[quote user="Yarmouthyellow1"]Not so kick it off, please see Lol Morgan''s second posting if you didn''t clarifying he can''t face League 1 football but would still be there because it''s in the blood - unless I''ve misundertsood him??  I was intending to reply to this and not the opening statement/question if that helps.  To clarify then, yes if people bail out on relegation, to me it would partly separate those with it in the blood to those for whom it is a afternoon out.  I would be there rain or shine. [/quote]

What second posting is that Yarmouthyellow1? Are you confusing his posts with yours[:O] very strange[^o)] Anyway, what''s going to football if it isn''t a day out? I always struggle to understand this. I''ve got yellow and green blood and have been going for days out all over the country since Lol Morgan was manager in the 60''s and whatever happens in the remaining games I will have a few more lovely days out next season.

Apologies, just looked back and my mistake.  My confusion was Phat canary including Lol Morgan''s opening words in his reply. Bare with me I''m new to this lark and get confused when previous postings are including in responses sometimes.  Anyway, to stop the confusion, I was agreeing with Phat and CTID.  Hope that clarifies because I''m bored even typing this just to justify myself!

Re the day out, my point is some people go because times are good and it''s nice to support a winning etc team.  Others go because they couldn''t imagine doing anything else regardless of results and division.  Look at most teams who get relegated and their crowd goes down with some exceptions and then draw whatever conclusions you may.  Phew.

Our fans have stuck with the club through 4 extremely disappointing seasons though Yarmouthyellow. It''s not like they baled out as soon as we started to fall from grace. But I agree there will be some gloryboys who would not be able to face the third division. Let''s hope it doesn''t come to that anyway [:)][Y]

It wouldn''t stop me from going.

Already renewed for next season -and would do for whatever division we''re in.

Nutty and Lucky trainers - Agreed on the whole.  Only difference between football and any other day out is if you paid large amounts of money to watch anything else that was crap, you''d cease to do so.  This is where football (and some other sports) can be separated (in my opinion) from other activties that are described as a day out.  If football is crap most of us still go out of love, local pride, obsession, whatever.  Were I to go anywhere else and pay for the priviledge knowing it would be crap or lead to disappointment, I wouldn'' go, simple as!  I fully agree our support has held up brilliantly and most our tremendously loyal but I wonder if part of this has been because every year there''s been a glimmer of hope e.g. new manager etc.  Relegation for some will be the last straw though and will sort the wheat from the chaff (probably a better/fairer term than that) though others like you and I will still be there.  However, there''s four games to go and I intend on doing as much as I can vocally to ensure the worst never happens.  Cheers.

One of the few psoitives about relegation is that we''ll get rid of the glory hunters and "I only want to support a sucessful club" crew. The club''s better off without people like you, so sod off, sit at home kissing your Peter Cullum photos and leave the club to the true fans.[8o|]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Looking forward to the 15% rebate in these belt-tightening times.[/quote]Remember the tiny print on the official site - you can look forward to another 5%.*Please note page 7 of The Canary.  It states a 15% rebate it should read 20%.[url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Tickets/0,,10355~1529705,00.html]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Tickets/0,,10355~1529705,00.html[/url]I''ve had my last visit to Carrow Rd for a while... i.e. the summer, but will be back for all 23 home games next season.

I return to Kings Lynn every year,end of January for just over a month. During that month, I take time out with my family, my friends and with NCFC.I usually get to 4 or 5 games,weather permitting. This has been my routine since 1998, this will continue with the Canaries playing whoever,wherever.Have been a Canary fan since late 60''s and will remain one

[quote user="gerry in romania"]I return to Kings Lynn every year,end of January for just over a month. During that month, I take time out with my family, my friends and with NCFC.I usually get to 4 or 5 games,weather permitting. This has been my routine since 1998, this will continue with the Canaries playing whoever,wherever.Have been a Canary fan since late 60''s and will remain one[/quote]Good on you Gerry.