Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Why Carney

Great performance from the lads today, a pleasure to be at CR. Despite a lot of concerns expressed about the commitment of loan players, Bertrand, Lee, Shacks etc played 100% for the club today and good on them.

I cant understand  why we played Carney on the  right, in fact I cant work out why we played him at all. Lapin has played well since his return and Crofty left sitting on the bench as well. Surely if we are to play Carney it should be  on the left, but even then not in front of Croft and Lappin? 

We''ve had some piss poor players at Carrow Road in recent years, it''s difficult to think of any as poor and as disinterested as Carney though. Absolute waste of blood and organs.

Hopefully Croft will return to the starting line up when we play down the road on Sunday.

Carney didn''t set the world on fire admitted, but he crosses better than Croft and he''s got a better footballing brain. After all,  what did Croft do? Touched it about 3 times...I''d go with Carney at Ipswich, but I reckon I''m about the only one who will...........

Carney runs like Peter Crouch, seems to spend most of his time playing inside left or centre mid, leaving Semi''s right flank exposed, and when he gets the ball he can''t decide what to do with it and ends up lumping an optimistic angled ball to their keeper.  He''s crap.  I am better than him and I''m crap.

Carney did have a couple of good moments today, it wasn''t all bad.

But is he a better player to have on the right wing than Lee Croft? No, not in a million years.

Carney seemed to have good vision and did try to pick out a few good passes, unfortunately he didnt have the quality to be able to execute them  and just ended up giving the ball  away. Crofty has the ability to frighten defenders, lift the whole team and the crowd with his runs, cant see Carney ever doing that!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Carney seemed to have good vision and did try to pick out a few good passes, unfortunately he didnt have the quality to be able to execute them  and just ended up giving the ball  away. Crofty has the ability to frighten defenders, lift the whole team and the crowd with his runs, cant see Carney ever doing that![/quote]clearly - we were one nil up - watford had come back into it - crofty''s energy lifted the whole team - and we regained the upper hand...at this point whether crofty actually ''did'' anything other than rally the city team is immatrial imo...job done...NEXT!!!

I don''t see why Carney was played on the right unless Croft isn''t fit yet. I would definitely start Croft there next week. Carney wasn''t as bad as is being suggested here though. He played some good passes when he was under pressure but when he had more time his passing was poor. He didn''t stay wide like Croft does and drifted inside quite a lot which is why Otsemebor looked isolated at times. But Semmy had a better game today so there''s food for thought!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t see why Carney was played on the right unless Croft isn''t fit yet. I would definitely start Croft there next week. Carney wasn''t as bad as is being suggested here though. He played some good passes when he was under pressure but when he had more time his passing was poor. He didn''t stay wide like Croft does and drifted inside quite a lot which is why Otsemebor looked isolated at times. But Semmy had a better game today so there''s food for thought!

[/quote]Agree with that although Semmy still got found wanting at times.  Carney can clearly not play on the right though, he has no right foot.

One reason why Croft shold start next week:[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/124v4sh.gif[/IMG]Nuff Said! [:D]