Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Doherty - asset or liability?

Another penalty, he is clumsy and makes mistakes at the most crucial of times, and one of, if not the highest earner in the club, where ever we are next season, i think its time for him to move on!!!

Huge asset. Probably the main reason we''ve still got a chance of staying up.

doc is a great player and is not afraid to make a tackle,good in the air and just timed the tackle late which gave  swansea the winner

If Dejan or Kennedy were fit and still here Doc and Shacks would not be in the team. And how can Semi have poor game after poor game and still get picked? May asell play a kid cannot do any worse. Goes down to there not being another right back again due to money.....yawn

Without a doubt an asset, and in my opinion a vastly improved player this season.  He is now a big threat in the opposition box and has also cut out the silly fouls.

everyones on about dejan but i`d be suprised if docs given away more penaltys than him this season and he hasn`t played since november

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Another penalty, he is clumsy and makes mistakes at the most crucial of times, and one of, if not the highest earner in the club, where ever we are next season, i think its time for him to move on!!![/quote]shut up you idiot, one mistake and your calling for his head. He''s been superb all season, every player makes mistakes. I can only think of 2 or 3 he''s made all season.

I can only think of 2 or 3 he''s made all season.!!!

Were you not at the Sheffield Wednesday game last week? Two or three mistakes in one game, fortunately he had Shacks to cover for him. Having said that he has been better and more consistant than in previous seasons and is, as has been stated, the best we have at the moment but still a liability in my view.

Asset - I haven''t seen this tackle but most of the others you could make a reasonable case for the defence - it''s not like they were completely rash and stupid - just tackles that didn''t quite work. It happens, like shots that miss and passes that go astray.

Doherty is a liability but looks like one of our best players because of the lack of quality in our squad. He just doesn''t seem to have much of a football brain. Diving in when in the penalty area, climbing all over players when your 2 yards outside the box. However he is league one standard so we might be ok next season with him.

Barclayman - if you think you are some kind of ''Carrow Road SuperHero'', you are sadly mistaken, with remarks like that you are obviously some kind of f#*k stick and the IDIOT is clearly YOU!!  I been at Carrow Road all season, and a handful of away games, his mistakes have been far greater in numbers than 2/3 and if you have only seen that many you are not a regular at Carrow Road, before posting Barclayman, think about it, and get your facts correct! 

I am not on here to start a ''i hate Doherty campaign'' he has be a loyal servant and has good qualities, but as stated in my original post, he is exspensive and has made costly mistakes, time to start looking into our youth acadamy. 

I''m not really sure what people expect. Yes he does make some mistakes but what do people think they''re going to get? You watch any centreback in this league, no matter who they are or who they play for, they''re going to make mistakes throughout the season.

Overall though the Doc does far more good for us than he does bad. Most people who watch him regularly will know that. Unfortunately, for some reason, there will always be a few idiots ready to take a shot at him. But that''s what happens, you get players where the crowd (or certain parts of it) can''t wait to get on their back for any little thing they do wrong. And then you get players who, no matter what they do wrong, people are blinded to it. They think they''re a good player and therefore they will only see the good things they do.

We''ve seen a few people play at centreback for us over recent times and the Doc has always come out looking the best defender for us. The only other 1 who really looked the part was Tiny Taylor. (although obviously Shackell has done really well since he returned). But the likes of Pearce, Kennedy, Stef etc none were as convincing defensively as Doherty.

Hope he stays with us whatever league we''re in next season cos he''s a bloody good defender for us.

Undoubted asset;  far better than kennedy and has outplayed every partner he has had this year more often then they outplayed him. Has not been outplayed by many strikers in this league. He is a decent champs defender who puts full effort into every game, unlike most of his squadmates 

If we dont resign Shacks then Doc and Stefanovic (who is left footed) will be a sound partnership next season.   

Oh Doc Oh Doc

Point of View A   :He is always the one giving away penos or deflections or generally making the mistakeCounter Point of View    :He is always where the action is and in the thick of it so YES hes going to be involved in the good and bad

Over diner I had a discussion with my Dad regarding Doc, with him saying...."I hope Gunn leaves him out after that mistake"Now I agree with that but responded with"And replace him with who ?"

I am not a Doc fan, but was over joyed he hit that 2nd goal todayTo conclude Doc :Thanks for everything YES hes been a workhorseYES he has been loyalBut if someone else comes along id send him to the back roomWe can not write him off, hes a potential Norwich Manager in 10 years time !!

He''s a huge asset, all the idiots who keep moaning about doherty are really starting too get on my tits!! without his presence this season we would have been doomed too certain relegation. You should be supporting the whole squad at such a crucial point in the clubs history, not singling out individuals for criticism! You sound like a real city supporter!!

Blinkered, wrong, idiotic, are some of the words I''d use to describe those who have started to slag of the Doc who has been outstanding this season!

I find it ard to bdlieve that such a question is even being asked!

What do some fans think that centrebacks at other clubs never make mistakes or for that matter players in any position.

Some of the Doc critics should watch the top level football from all the world that you can watch on SKY cause they will see that players far better than the Doc make mistakes!

Oh the blinkered world that some fans live in!

Hes been the centre of controversy for seasons. Its not like hes being single''d out.I for one can say YES i think hes played an important role for our club BUT also he infuriates the hell out of me as its ALWAYS him at the centre of any F*** up !My previous post gives a counter arguement as to why hes at the centre also

He''s been Mr consistent when all else has been falling apart. Without him we would have been long gone and of course he will make mistakes, he isn''t exactly given a lot of protection at times. Shax also made a mistake for Swansea''s first goal by not lunging in on Scotland before he shot.