Sign in to follow this  
Road to Nowhere

Half time syndrome

Firstly good result today and fair play for the lads for standing up and being counted when we needed it most.

Without wanting to nitpick on what was a good performance, one thing did concern me though and has done for recent weeks.

Why is it straight after half time we always go through 10 minute period of lethargic, lacklustre effort? Watford were pretty ordinary today yet for the first 10 minutes of the second half they were all over us and could have got themselves back in the game. Against Sheff Wed it was the same leading to them scoring the winner, Southampton got back into the game straight after half time, and other teams have taken advantage also (Swansea springs to mind).

What is Gunny serving them (or not) at half time?!

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Firstly good result today and fair play for the lads for standing up and being counted when we needed it most.

Without wanting to nitpick on what was a good performance, one thing did concern me though and has done for recent weeks.

Why is it straight after half time we always go through 10 minute period of lethargic, lacklustre effort? Watford were pretty ordinary today yet for the first 10 minutes of the second half they were all over us and could have got themselves back in the game. Against Sheff Wed it was the same leading to them scoring the winner, Southampton got back into the game straight after half time, and other teams have taken advantage also (Swansea springs to mind).

[/quote]obviously old habits die hard - gunny serves the boys up a big carvery meal - - - but only 2 roasties allowed!!![:P]

[/quote]nitpick when we lose not when we win [Y][:)]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

obviously old habits die hard - gunny serves the boys up a big carvery meal - - - but only 2 roasties allowed!!![:P]
[/quote]hi LGT did you go today??? i went out on my motorbike..couldnt stand listening to the game gave the wife a phone at 4:50 to find out score..lol

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]nitpick when we lose not when we win [Y][:)][/quote]

To be fair I was referring to times when we had lost before - not taking anything away from the win today.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]nitpick when we lose not when we win [Y][:)][/quote]

To be fair I was referring to times when we had lost before - not taking anything away from the win today.

[/quote]ohh ok [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]obviously old habits die hard - gunny serves the boys up a big carvery meal - - - but only 2 roasties allowed!!![:P][/quote]hi LGT did you go today??? i went out on my motorbike..couldnt stand listening to the game gave the wife a phone at 4:50 to find out score..lol[/quote]yep - always a nailbiter with city - but deserved winners today!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

obviously old habits die hard - gunny serves the boys up a big carvery meal - - - but only 2 roasties allowed!!![:P]
[/quote]hi LGT did you go today??? i went out on my motorbike..couldnt stand listening to the game gave the wife a phone at 4:50 to find out score..lol[/quote]

yep - always a nailbiter with city - but deserved winners today!!!
[/quote]brilliant win...OMG we have got 3 more games like this...i will be down to my nuckles by then lol [:)] OTBC

[/quote]

I think Gunny says, " keep it tight for the first 10 minutes and don''t let them back into the game ". Unfortunately this can have a negative effect and you can become too defence minded. It often happens in the first 10 minutes of the game aswell when teams are trying to suss each other out.