Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Well done to the fans.

Thought our fans were excellent today, behind the team from the first minute to the last and probably the nosiest since the Ipswich game. There were one or two quieter spells but I think that was more down to nerves than anything else. Just wish we had put the game to bed in the first half like we should have done but in true Norwich fashion we were kept on the edge of our seats until the 85th minute. Don''t know whether I can cope with much more of this, next Sunday is going to be a nightmare.

I don''t know, I was listening to the match on the radio and it was too quiet for my liking, especially considering the attendance. I recall City crowds of a mere 14,000 making much more noise back in the day. We need to take a leaf out of the Stoke fans book when it comes to sheer volume. Mind you, most Stoke fans are on the dole so they have plenty of energy to raise noise levels through doing bu*ger all through the week.  [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="shyster"] We need to take a leaf out of the Stoke fans book when it comes to sheer volume.[/quote]

made absolutely no noise last season

[/quote]

Our fans were too quiet even in the last Premier season, hence, Delia''s ''Let''s be ''avin you'' quote. [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="shyster"] We need to take a leaf out of the Stoke fans book when it comes to sheer volume.[/quote]

made absolutely no noise last season

[/quote]

Exactly, the media keep harping on about how great Stoke''s support is, but at the end of day it''s only their glory boys that are making most of the noise right now, where were they last season when they were averaging 15,000 fans a home game? They may be very loud this season but they don''t exactly keep a good record of being loyal to the club.

[quote user="shyster"]I don''t know, I was listening to the match on the radio and it was too quiet for my liking, especially considering the attendance. I recall City crowds of a mere 14,000 making much more noise back in the day. We need to take a leaf out of the Stoke fans book when it comes to sheer volume. Mind you, most Stoke fans are on the dole so they have plenty of energy to raise noise levels through doing bu*ger all through the week.  [;)]
[/quote]

It certainly didn''t sound very quiet at the game, I never think the atmosphere comes over very well on the radio which is probably down to the microphones being in the jarrold stand.

Shyster,

I was at the game today, and the noise was pretty good, just listening to the radio is not the best way to judge.

Norwich fans are no better and no worse than other crowds, sometimes they are very noisy indeed amd sometimes not, same as everwhere else.

No clubs fans are any more passionate than any others, thats just deluded nonsense.

The Stoke thing is interesting, a couple of years ago I read notes on their message boards following a game at Norwich and their fans were amazed at the level and volume of City support.

They are currently enjoying an exciting season in the prem so of course they are up for it, but they aint all that good all the time.

Thought the fans were excellent today, a little quiet around the hour mark, but overall a huge improvement over the Sheff Wed game. I think I heard the faint sound of a denture Samba beat coming from the direction of the County Lounge, it was almost drowned out by the rustle of Werthers original wrappers being opened....