Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Jason Shackall - Absolutely Fantastic

You can talk all you like about Alan Lee up front, but for me there was only one contender for man of the match. Jason Shackall didn''t miss a header, he held our back line together and as doherty said afterwards has made a massive difference. I''ve always rated shackall and was sorry to see him pushed out under Roeder, but he seems to have returned an improved player, and if we could only keep one loan player i think Shackall would be the one i choose, although Gow is another i''d love us to keep.

Shackall put his body on the line today, block after block, header after header, he won everything, made 2 crucial 1st half interceptions top rescue us and was  absolutely awesome. He could, just could be the player that keeps us up...

[quote user="Huddy "]

You can talk all you like about Alan Lee up front, but for me there was only one contender for man of the match. Jason Shackall didn''t miss a header, he held our back line together and as doherty said afterwards has made a massive difference. I''ve always rated shackall and was sorry to see him pushed out under Roeder, but he seems to have returned an improved player, and if we could only keep one loan player i think Shackall would be the one i choose, although Gow is another i''d love us to keep.

Shackall put his body on the line today, block after block, header after header, he won everything, made 2 crucial 1st half interceptions top rescue us and was  absolutely awesome. He could, just could be the player that keeps us up...

[/quote]yep - was standout defender again for me - and without him - i reckon we''d already be down...i welcomed the boy back - and he hasn''t let us down - reforming a positive partnership with the doc...purse anyone???lol...

just shows what a muppet roeder was to get rid of him !!!

hes young full of energy , and improving all the time , rather than a injured old has been like roeder brought in

[quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

I would love him to stay, but my one loan player would be Alan Lee.... we have been crying out for a good target man for years.....

Of course, I would love to have both, but if getting Darren Purse or Alex Bruce for free means we can pay for Lee or Gow then I would choose that option....

Shackell is fully deserving of the praise he''s had since he returned.

But we shouldn''t overlook the Doc either. He''s turned in some immense performances this season and, over the course of the season, he''s probably the main reason we''re still alive in this league.

And as far as today goes I thought Semmy had a very good game and I also thought Bertrand was excellent.

Could of scored 2 goals aswell, The one that got cleared off the line and the other that hit the bar, but resulted in Doc scoring. He was immense again but I thought Lee''s work rate, the way he troubled the defence, his individual effort that hit the bar and his aggresion all resulted in a great performance from the lad.

[quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

COULDN''T AGREE MORE!

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]It would be nice to have Shackell here permanently again.
[/quote]

rather him than lee!

[/quote]SHACKS..LEE...GOW...MOONEY....would be a nice summer list of NEW full time players to CR[Y]

and hands up!!! i has a dig or 2 at shacks when he left...but im glad the lad has proved me wrong on his return

I remember being called a binner on here when i said i was gutted that we''d sold shackell towards the begining of the season, it''s now shockingly silent from all those people who were knocking the hell out of him then or were stupid enough to boo him when he returned with wolves earlier this season. The lad has always been  a decent stopper just the last two managers screwed up his game in different ways draining his confidence. Grant rated him so highly that he made him captain when he maybe didnt have the right personality and was too young. Glen Roeder was just an arse, who wanted the lad out. Well done Shacks regardless if we stay up or not, no one can say he hasnt put in his shift.

[quote user="whoareyou"]TBH i think you''re living in daydream land if you think Doomcaster is going to buy 4 players like that![/quote]TBH doomcaster is living in a dream land if he doesnt buy these players...if not we will be in the same position next season(if we are still in championship which we will be[Y])

shacks £600-£700k

gow £300k at most

lee £150-£250k

mooney £300k (if reading go up)

£1.5 mil tops...it has to be found...dig deep board!!! or this could dome from the sale of clingan £3 mil i would hate to see him go but thats good money for a free transfer and hopefully would allow gunn or whoever is in charge to bring in a few faces

Doncaster doesn''t care if we are in the same position next season...as long as has sold enough season tickets that is success to him!