Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Well the ball is back in our court again ! ! ! ! !

Not true. If Barnsley won the game in hand 3-0 then all others by one more than us - they would go up with goal diff. But in fairness if it does come down to goal diff we really should be safe. Plenty of tiwsts and turns to go IMO. Still not positive but let us see.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Not true. If Barnsley won the game in hand 3-0 then all others by one more than us - they would go up with goal diff. But in fairness if it does come down to goal diff we really should be safe. Plenty of tiwsts and turns to go IMO. Still not positive but let us see.[/quote]

What about Forest and Southampton. Forest would stil be down on goal difference unless they score a shed full of goals!

Forest and Soton have to play each other, so if we won all three games we are definitely safe.

Won''t happen though!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Not true. If Barnsley won the game in hand 3-0 then all others by one more than us - they would go up with goal diff. But in fairness if it does come down to goal diff we really should be safe. Plenty of tiwsts and turns to go IMO. Still not positive but let us see.[/quote]

If City win their remaining games their GD would be at worst -5, Forest are currently -18 so they would have to not only win but win by a margin of 13 goals in three games without reply.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Forest wont go down , its two from Saints,Barnsley and Norwich.
[/quote]

Why not? Earnshaw has been banging them in, but we are in better form:-

Forest1-1Swansea          Draw                                                                                                                                                                             
Watford2-1Forest              Lost
Burnley5-0Forest              Lost
Forest0-1Wolves            Lost
Barnsley1-1Forest              Draw
Forest3-2Bristol City       Won
Sheff Utd0-0

Forest              Draw

Blackpool2-0

Norwich           Lost                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Norwich2-0Cardiff             Won
Norwich1-0Plymouth          Won
Birmingham1-1Norwich           Draw
Norwich0-1Sheff Wed        Lost
Swansea2-1Norwich           Lost
Norwich2-0

Watford            Won

Last 7 games:-    Norwich 10 points    Forest 6 points

So give me one good reason why Norwich can go down but Forest cant? today isnt exactly the first time that Sheff Utd have messed up an easy home game, they have been doing it all season. 

The ball is in our court. Forest wont win all three of there games, I dont think that we will ether. There is no basis whatsoever to think that ''Forest wont go down''. Im sure that there fans will be preparing for league one football.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Forest wont go down , its two from Saints,Barnsley and Norwich.
[/quote]

Why not? Earnshaw has been banging them in, but we are in better form:-

Forest1-1Swansea          Draw                                                                                                                                                                             
Watford2-1Forest              Lost
Burnley5-0Forest              Lost
Forest0-1Wolves            Lost
Barnsley1-1Forest              Draw
Forest3-2Bristol City       Won
Sheff Utd0-0

Forest              Draw

Blackpool2-0

Norwich           Lost                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Norwich2-0Cardiff             Won
Norwich1-0Plymouth          Won
Birmingham1-1Norwich           Draw
Norwich0-1Sheff Wed        Lost
Swansea2-1Norwich           Lost
Norwich2-0

Watford            Won

Last 7 games:-    Norwich 10 points    Forest 6 points

So give me one good reason why Norwich can go down but Forest cant? today isnt exactly the first time that Sheff Utd have messed up an easy home game, they have been doing it all season. 

The ball is in our court. Forest wont win all three of there games, I dont think that we will ether. There is no basis whatsoever to think that ''Forest wont go down''. Im sure that there fans will be preparing for league one football.               

[/quote]

To put that into perspective, our form over 7 games is equivalent to 65 points in a season (not quite play offs).  Forests form over 7 games is equivalent to 39 points (certain relegation).

So come on, Im waiting for you to explain why it is that you have such a low opinion of your football team? A win against Ipswich and two draws might even be enough, although im going for 2 wins and a draw to be certain.....

Forest will win their 2 home games against Coventry and Southampton , if you go back enough games you can make a case out for us being in the better form of the two but right now they are playing better than us , would we have beaten a play off chasing Bristol City or got a point playing with 10 men at Sheff Utd ? no . So Forest win those two easy looking home games and we then need 2 wins and i dont see two more wins in our fixtures , thats why i think Forest wont go down , hope im wrong though .Barnsley appear to be our main chance of survival now with games away to Reading and at home to Wolves , unfortunately Wolves may be up by then and taking it easy .

Wolves being up by the Barnsley game will work in our favour, i reckon..as they will play with more freedom and no nerves.

McCarthy will not let his players ease up!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Forest will win their 2 home games against Coventry and Southampton , if you go back enough games you can make a case out for us being in the better form of the two but right now they are playing better than us , would we have beaten a play off chasing Bristol City or got a point playing with 10 men at Sheff Utd ? no . So Forest win those two easy looking home games and we then need 2 wins and i dont see two more wins in our fixtures , thats why i think Forest wont go down , hope im wrong though .Barnsley appear to be our main chance of survival now with games away to Reading and at home to Wolves , unfortunately Wolves may be up by then and taking it easy .
[/quote]

Codswallop.... I live right next to Brammall Lane, in fact if I look out of my window right now I will see half of their hooligan element in the garden of The Sportsman pub. Any Sheff Utd fan will tell you that they play worse against the easier teams. We beat them at Carrow Road when we were awful, and if you were at the game between us and them at Brammall Lane then you would know that we deserved at least a draw out of that game. Sheff United have drawn at home to Blackpool and Southampton and lost to Doncaster this season.

In additon, Bristol City have gone completely off the boil, they have won 1 game in 9. So yeah, I think that we would have beaten them at home. Its not all about the league table you know. Bristol City have drawn home games to Ipswich, Preston, Blackpool and Cardiff in the last few weeks.  In addition, they have lost four away games in a row. They have much worse away form then Swansea, who we beat today, so the answer is YES i do think that we would have beat Bristol City today.

Maybe you should be giving this more thought, Forests only recent win was against a team that cant beat anybody away at the minute.  As for their ''two easy home games'', Coventry sure were not easy at Carrow Road, and have better away form then your so called ''Play off chasing Bristol City'', and Southampton are in better form then Nottingham Forest over 7 games. Then they have a home game against a team that might not technically safe.....

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Forest will win their 2 home games against Coventry and Southampton , if you go back enough games you can make a case out for us being in the better form of the two but right now they are playing better than us , would we have beaten a play off chasing Bristol City or got a point playing with 10 men at Sheff Utd ? no . So Forest win those two easy looking home games and we then need 2 wins and i dont see two more wins in our fixtures , thats why i think Forest wont go down , hope im wrong though .Barnsley appear to be our main chance of survival now with games away to Reading and at home to Wolves , unfortunately Wolves may be up by then and taking it easy .
[/quote]

Codswallop.... I live right next to Brammall Lane, in fact if I look out of my window right now I will see half of their hooligan element in the garden of The Sportsman pub. Any Sheff Utd fan will tell you that they play worse against the easier teams. We beat them at Carrow Road when we were awful, and if you were at the game between us and them at Brammall Lane then you would know that we deserved at least a draw out of that game. Sheff United have drawn at home to Blackpool and Southampton and lost to Doncaster this season.

In additon, Bristol City have gone completely off the boil, they have won 1 game in 9. So yeah, I think that we would have beaten them at home. Its not all about the league table you know. Bristol City have drawn home games to Ipswich, Preston, Blackpool and Cardiff in the last few weeks.  In addition, they have lost four away games in a row. They have much worse away form then Swansea, who we beat today, so the answer is YES i do think that we would have beat Bristol City today.

Maybe you should be giving this more thought, Forests only recent win was against a team that cant beat anybody away at the minute.  As for their ''two easy home games'', Coventry sure were not easy at Carrow Road, and have better away form then your so called ''Play off chasing Bristol City'', and Southampton are in better form then Nottingham Forest over 7 games. Then they have a home game against a team that might not technically safe.....

[/quote]

I dont know why I am talking you seriously actually, anybody that thinks they can predict the future is clearly a fruitcake...... are you sure you have cleaned your crystal ball properly?

Well we will see sonny , but if you think we could beat Bristol City from 1-2 down with 10 mins to go or get a draw with 10 men for 75 minutes at Sheff Utd  then maybe its you the fruitcake , we couldnt beat a nothing to play for Sheff Weds side when our lives depended on it . And i still think Forest will win their last two home games and get at least a point at Blackpool , time will tell . As for Coventry not being an easy home game well i think Plymouth fans would give you a good debate on that as they seemed to beat them out of sight in about 30 mins , oh and did we really beat Swansea today ? i thought they beat us Saturday .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Well we will see sonny , but if you think we could beat Bristol City from 1-2 down with 10 mins to go or get a draw with 10 men for 75 minutes at Sheff Utd  then maybe its you the fruitcake , we couldnt beat a nothing to play for Sheff Weds side when our lives depended on it . And i still think Forest will win their last two home games and get at least a point at Blackpool , time will tell . As for Coventry not being an easy home game well i think Plymouth fans would give you a good debate on that as they seemed to beat them out of sight in about 30 mins , oh and did we really beat Swansea today ? i thought they beat us Saturday .[/quote]Good draw for Forest today without a doubt - but didn''t we beat them 2-1 away from home having played the majority of the game with 10 men? This league is unpredictable on a good day...

Forests run in is against Coventry Blackpool and Southampton so could out point ours of Ipswich Reading and Charlton.

It has always been in our hands - and will only be taken out of it if we lose the next two.  4 points I think will be enough;  we just need the team toshow the committment we saw yesterday and we should get them.