Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

SATURDAY SCOUTING MISSION IN SCUM TOWN

on saturday i ventured behind enemy lines,travelling by train from norwich with my father in law who is a doncaster fan.It was a very strange match day experience,on arrival at 11.40 the whole place seemed very quiet indeed,not many football fans around,we then walked into town for drinks,the first bar we came accross was the station which had a few donny fans at,next was the big ones near the ground which were home support only,further in town we also found that the pubs were home support only,with signs in the window stating the only pub for away fans is at the station,as he had his donny shirt in his bag we just  had drinks where we pleased,sitting in the town centre with time getting on 1.30 there was still hardly any fans,compare this to riverside at the same time the place is heaving with people. then we went to the station walking back past the home support only pubs near the ground expecting it to be bursting,it was very dead.during the game ipswich were very poor,on the pitch and in the stands,if we keep the ball on the ground much the way donny did we will have absolutly no worries.when doncaster sung are you norwich in disguise couldnt help myself from shouting yes i am and waving my season tickets.during the game a doncaster player got injured,as well as the physios running on they had one of those sad stretcher bearing cars come on,you could see the driver was well embarrassed,and the player even more so when he was strapped on,doncaster were singing get your tractor off the pitch! at half time i was talking to my dad telling him the norwich score when a scummy steward in his ipswich cap came up to me and say ''what are swansea winning 1-0'' no i told him norwich of got one back ''boll*x'' he said, i was loving it,i then went on to tell him it was alan lee ''o wank*r ''he said! at half time there was some very unhappy fans,the bar doesnt serve any alcohol after 3pm,very odd!

on the way back on the train it was full of scummers,they were all very depressed and saying how magilton should be gone,the players arent doing it for him and how they are dreading playing norwich on sunday! love it

the only thing that spoilt my day was that a hell of alot of these scummers didnt get off at stowmarket,they didnt get off at diss,they were on there all the way to norwich

parading round in there ips*** shirts,wonder if they will be wearing them on the train sunday !!!

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]

on saturday i ventured behind enemy lines,travelling by train from norwich with my father in law who is a doncaster fan.It was a very strange match day experience,on arrival at 11.40 the whole place seemed very quiet indeed,not many football fans around,we then walked into town for drinks,the first bar we came accross was the station which had a few donny fans at,next was the big ones near the ground which were home support only,further in town we also found that the pubs were home support only,with signs in the window stating the only pub for away fans is at the station,as he had his donny shirt in his bag we just  had drinks where we pleased,sitting in the town centre with time getting on 1.30 there was still hardly any fans,compare this to riverside at the same time the place is heaving with people. then we went to the station walking back past the home support only pubs near the ground expecting it to be bursting,it was very dead.during the game ipswich were very poor,on the pitch and in the stands,if we keep the ball on the ground much the way donny did we will have absolutly no worries.when doncaster sung are you norwich in disguise couldnt help myself from shouting yes i am and waving my season tickets.during the game a doncaster player got injured,as well as the physios running on they had one of those sad stretcher bearing cars come on,you could see the driver was well embarrassed,and the player even more so when he was strapped on,doncaster were singing get your tractor off the pitch! at half time i was talking to my dad telling him the norwich score when a scummy steward in his ipswich cap came up to me and say ''what are swansea winning 1-0'' no i told him norwich of got one back ''boll*x'' he said, i was loving it,i then went on to tell him it was alan lee ''o wank*r ''he said! at half time there was some very unhappy fans,the bar doesnt serve any alcohol after 3pm,very odd!

on the way back on the train it was full of scummers,they were all very depressed and saying how magilton should be gone,the players arent doing it for him and how they are dreading playing norwich on sunday! love it

the only thing that spoilt my day was that a hell of alot of these scummers didnt get off at stowmarket,they didnt get off at diss,they were on there all the way to norwich

parading round in there ips*** shirts,wonder if they will be wearing them on the train sunday !!!

[/quote]I think you''ll find the bit about where the fans are works both ways, if an Ipswich fan went to a Norwich game and came back on the train he''d see a lot getting off at Stowmarket and Ipswich.   But it''s good to hear there is so much dissatisfaction there at the moment, hopefully we wont go anyway to solving it!

[quote user="Romantic"]I think the atmos on Sunday around the ground will be completely different though eh?
[/quote]

Agreed, but we can do something about that. If we can start the game like we did on Monday and really get at them it would kill whatever miniscule voice they can muster. An early goal wouldnt be too shabby either!