Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Team Gunn versus Roeder. Chalk and cheese.

I''m glad the 2 Grants are gone.  If Gunn''s middle name is Grant, run him off.  Otherwise, give him a chance, and perhaps an assistant willing to advise him during games.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s the closest thing to a post that I agree with you ever done Babes. You won''t get a lot of support from some of the usual suspects on here though. But I agree, and just think, he could eventually be as good as Worthy[:O]

[/quote]

Well, if you''d been on this message board as long as I, then ..................[;)]

And as for your pal Worthy? I''d much prefer if he turns out as good as Brown, Stringer or O''Neill.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, well Babes.....  nice pretty writin'' ''nall .... but if Gunny keeps us up he will have achieved more than O''Neill won''t he? What did O''Neill do for us to put him in front of Worthy? What did he win? Who did he sign? Where was the passing football? Where does O''Neill fit in with Brown and Stringer? No Bond... No Saunders... Not even a Mike Walker?

Different focus I guess...

Dear oh dear...

Still... one love

[;)]

[/quote]

Yep, nutty, different focus.

I would contend that Brown, Stringer and O''Neill have all achieved more in their careers as managers than Worthy has so far.

Macaulay, Bond and Walker also had very significant achievements in their careers as as managers.

In fact if you wanted the focus changed yet again, I would be prepared to argue that the seminal manager in the whole history of NCFC to date is Archie Macaulay.

Of course, if you like, you could seek to change the focus once more by introducing your Stringer/Williams duet argument - which could then be extended to a comparative discussion on management teams like Team Gunn rather than just concentrating on the ''big bosses'' alone!!!!!

Dizzy yet?[:P]

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s the closest thing to a post that I agree with you ever done Babes. You won''t get a lot of support from some of the usual suspects on here though. But I agree, and just think, he could eventually be as good as Worthy[:O]

[/quote]

Well, if you''d been on this message board as long as I, then ..................[;)]

And as for your pal Worthy? I''d much prefer if he turns out as good as Brown, Stringer or O''Neill.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, well Babes.....  nice pretty writin'' ''nall .... but if Gunny keeps us up he will have achieved more than O''Neill won''t he? What did O''Neill do for us to put him in front of Worthy? What did he win? Who did he sign? Where was the passing football? Where does O''Neill fit in with Brown and Stringer? No Bond... No Saunders... Not even a Mike Walker?

Different focus I guess...

Dear oh dear...

Still... one love

[;)]

[/quote]

Yep, nutty, different focus.

I would contend that Brown, Stringer and O''Neill have all achieved more in their careers as managers than Worthy has so far.

Macaulay, Bond and Walker also had very significant achievements in their careers as as managers.

In fact if you wanted the focus changed yet again, I would be prepared to argue that the seminal manager in the whole history of NCFC to date is Archie Macaulay.

Of course, if you like, you could seek to change the focus once more by introducing your Stringer/Williams duet argument - which could then be extended to a comparative discussion on management teams like Team Gunn rather than just concentrating on the ''big bosses'' alone!!!!!

Dizzy yet?[:P]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You bet I''m dizzy Babes. It''s OK to have a different focus but your post has all the trickery of hocus pocus. Martin O''Neill could well have achieved plenty after leaving Norwich but he achieved jack when he was here. Dave Stringer, Ken Brown, and Archie Macaulay all did wonderful things at our great club but jack when they left. If the focus is on achievements after they left then step forward Ron Saunders whose success with Villa outshines any other.

For me Bond/Brown and Stringer/Williams were the best teams for us. And probably the most influencial of those four was Williams. It''s always been my view that had Big Bob held on to Williams when Stringer stood down our fall from grace in the 90''s would never have happened.