Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Team Gunn versus Roeder. Chalk and cheese.

In almost every way you can think of. Especially the bottom line.

Roeder        P/27  W/7   D/5  L/15  Pts/26        Points/match 0.9629

Gunn           P/16  W/5   D/5  L/6    Pts/            Points/match 1.3125

Extrapolated over a full season of 46 matches:

Roeder  44.3 pts

Gunn     60.4 pts

Part of the art of management is to surround oneself with strength, and Gunn has done that - Butterworth, Crook and Deehan - creating Team Gunn.

Today''s starting 11 had 5 Team Gunn signings.  

I think that whatever happens by the end of this season that Team Gunn have shown more than enough to deserve a chance to build back our club the Norwich way.

Don''t you think so too?

OTBC

That''s the closest thing to a post that I agree with you ever done Babes. You won''t get a lot of support from some of the usual suspects on here though. But I agree, and just think, he could eventually be as good as Worthy[:O]

60 points would have given us 14th posi in the final table of last season...not good enough imo///gunny seems to be feeling his way - and for sure he has some good points - but i honestly don''t believe he knows how to galvanise the team to see a match out - he seems to dither and wait far too long before using subs to good effect - a good manager always has his finger on the pulse - i don''t think gunny has that kind of natural intuitive ability to be a top drawer manager...i believe we should get a good experienced man in with a credible budget to push for promotion next season - but really believes that will happen???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

i don''t think gunny has that kind of natural intuitive ability to be a top drawer manager...
[/quote]

Agreed.

And lets face it if he really had that much about him he would have already tried to make some kind of career for himself as a manager here or somewhere else.

Hopefully he can get us across the line this season and then step aside to let someone with a bit more ''know how'' have a go.

Hold on a minute! Had we not had won today we would be in serious touble!

We need a clear out and some experience next year!

Gunn has to go.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]60 points would have given us 14th posi in the final table of last season...not good enough imo///

BETTER THAN WHERE WE''RE GOING TO FINISH THIS SEASON AND WE WOULD EVER OF DONE WITH THE PLANK ROEDERNOWHERE!

gunny seems to be feeling his way - and for sure he has some good points - but i honestly don''t believe he knows how to galvanise the team to see a match out - he seems to dither and wait far too long before using subs to good effect - a good manager always has his finger on the pulse - i don''t think gunny has that kind of natural intuitive ability to be a top drawer manager..

GUN WAS OUR BEST OPTION AT THE TIME. HES MADE MISTAKES BUT NAME ME A MANAGER THAT HASN''T!

i believe we should get a good experienced man in with a credible budget to push for promotion next season - but really believes that will happen???
[/quote]

THE MAIN REASON THE BOARD APPOINTED THE PLANK ROEDER WAS CAUSE HE WAS EXSPERIENCED!

WHATEVER HAPPENS THIS SEASON GUNN AND CO TO ME ARE STILL THE BEST OPTIONS AND SHOULD BE GIVEN THE CHANCE AGAIN NEXT SEASON!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]60 points would have given us 14th posi in the final table of last season...not good enough imo///

BETTER THAN WHERE WE''RE GOING TO FINISH THIS SEASON AND WE WOULD EVER OF DONE WITH THE PLANK ROEDERNOWHERE!

gunny seems to be feeling his way - and for sure he has some good points - but i honestly don''t believe he knows how to galvanise the team to see a match out - he seems to dither and wait far too long before using subs to good effect - a good manager always has his finger on the pulse - i don''t think gunny has that kind of natural intuitive ability to be a top drawer manager..

GUN WAS OUR BEST OPTION AT THE TIME. HES MADE MISTAKES BUT NAME ME A MANAGER THAT HASN''T!i believe we should get a good experienced man in with a credible budget to push for promotion next season - but really believes that will happen???[/quote]

THE MAIN REASON THE BOARD APPOINTED THE PLANK ROEDER WAS CAUSE HE WAS EXSPERIENCED!

WHATEVER HAPPENS THIS SEASON GUNN AND CO TO ME ARE STILL THE BEST OPTIONS AND SHOULD BE GIVEN THE CHANCE AGAIN NEXT SEASON!

[/quote]lol - wait till gunny screws up and your username will be ''gunnygrantroedisaster''???[:P]

[quote user="singing canary"]so if gunn saves us from the roeder nightmare , you dont think he deserves a chance , surely gunny could only get better with expereince .?[/quote]I am not saying either way whether Gunny should be given a chance next season, but it is impossible to make any assumptions about him getting better.  I''m sure the Roeder''s first employees said that as well, and look what happened to him.If he beats the Scum and keeps us up, I''ll assess the situation then.

gunny seems to be feeling his way - and for sure he has some good points - but i honestly don''t believe he knows how to galvanise the team to see a match out - he seems to dither and wait far too long before using subs to good effect - a good manager always has his finger on the pulse - i don''t think gunny has that kind of natural intuitive ability to be a top drawer manager...

i believe we should get a good experienced man in with a credible budget to push for promotion next season - but really believes that will happen???
[/quote]

I think you are talking, or writing, rubbish. Where have "experienced" managers got us in the past? The answer is nowhere! We need passion and love for the club and we have it with Gunn and his team. He will certainly do for me and judging by the singing for most of the Barclay too.

Good result today. Good choice for a starting team. Good substititions. No problems for most of us I am thinking.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]60 points would have given us 14th posi in the final table of last season...not good enough imo///gunny seems to be feeling his way - and for sure he has some good points - but i honestly don''t believe he knows how to galvanise the team to see a match out - he seems to dither and wait far too long before using subs to good effect - a good manager always has his finger on the pulse - i don''t think gunny has that kind of natural intuitive ability to be a top drawer manager...i believe we should get a good experienced man in with a credible budget to push for promotion next season - but really believes that will happen???[/quote]

I think you are talking, or writing, rubbish. Where have "experienced" managers got us in the past? The answer is nowhere! We need passion and love for the club and we have it with Gunn and his team. He will certainly do for me and judging by the singing for most of the Barclay too.

Good result today. Good choice for a starting team. Good substititions. No problems for most of us I am thinking.

[/quote]carney on wide right - gow on wide left???wasn''t working and should''ve been changed half time,,,wasn''t - watford came out stronger 2nd half - had 3 good chances - finally gunny sees the light and brings on crofty - his energy lights the team up - we start to take control again and run out deserved winners...i''ll ignore your patronising comments re experienced managers...

Tend to agree with the OP, but I hope Gunn is not a long term appointment.Minor niggle about Gunn and the substitution timings today - after we were 2-0 up, the thing to do would have been to let them kick off, then make a sub at the first stoppage, then a sub at the next stoppage, eating as much time up as possible.   Making two subs after the goal was scored didn''t eat as much time as it could have done.  The other thing that bothers me about Gunny''s team is that we come out for the 2nd half and we''re crap for the first 5-10 minutes - not at the races.   Is it half an orange and a valium capsule?Then there''s the fact he (presumably) scouted, signed and plays David Carney despite the fact he is quite obviously crap.  Semi was playing right full back and right wing today.

[quote user="Bobert"]

I think you are talking, or writing, rubbish. Where have "experienced" managers got us in the past? The answer is nowhere!

[/quote]Hmmm... and look where Peter Grant got us with his bubbly infectious personality and love for the club.   He almost ruined this club.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"]

Then there''s the fact he (presumably) scouted, signed and plays David Carney despite the fact he is quite obviously crap.  Semi was playing right full back and right wing today.

[/quote]

But who is to thank for Otsemober actually looking half decent again? Under Roeder he wouldnt have got a look in and we would still be playing that clueless bloke from Fulham. I would rather have Gow left and Carney right then to see Matty Pattison on the left next to Mark Fotheringham.

It is well known that Crofty has been struggling with injury, hence the reason he didnt get 90 minutes.

you cant really compair gunny to grant .

apart from they are both scottish .

considering gunny was head of recruitment before taking over and actually bringing in players who have helped both end of the pitch , i think gunn and grant are like chalk and cheese.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"]

Then there''s the fact he (presumably) scouted, signed and plays David Carney despite the fact he is quite obviously crap.  Semi was playing right full back and right wing today.[/quote]

But who is to thank for Otsemober actually looking half decent again? Under Roeder he wouldnt have got a look in and we would still be playing that clueless bloke from Fulham.

[/quote]I wouldn''t get carried away - Otsemobor was awful against Sheffield Wednesday and had a couple of wobbles today.  A bit early to say he''s half-decent again... personally I would have someone else in the squad at right back for competition, if nothing else, to make him work for his place in the starting XI.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s the closest thing to a post that I agree with you ever done Babes. You won''t get a lot of support from some of the usual suspects on here though. But I agree, and just think, he could eventually be as good as Worthy[:O]

[/quote]

Well, if you''d been on this message board as long as I, then ..................[;)]

And as for your pal Worthy? I''d much prefer if he turns out as good as Brown, Stringer or O''Neill.

OTBC

I definatly want Gunn & Co. in charge next season.  He''s stregthened the side where it needed strengthening, and we''ve played decent footie whilst he''s been in charge.  And the cherry on top of the cake is that the crowd love him,  today was a good example of that.

It will be disastrous if Gunn is still in charge next season. He has shown what he knows about football management in his time in charge, namely nothing. If Plan A doesn''t work, there is no Plan B and that''s a massive problem - his tactics and substitutions are very questionable most of the time, and it always seems to take us a good 10-15 minutes to get going in the second half. Just "bleeding yellow and green" is never enough; we need a "proper" manager who can work on a budget and can help us move forward in the long-term. Someone like Jim Gannon or Mark Robins, who have only managed at lower levels but can do wonders on a small budget and will want to prove themselves higher up (assuming we will still be higher up), will do very nicely.

and looks at alot of players who played for norwich under brown , and stringer all gone on to do really well in management .

phelan, bruce ,watson , bowen , and many more , why people say gunny lacks experience when so many others have gone on to do really well is beyond me .

gunny was part of a team that has achieved more than most players in canary history .

he was never going to turn a club round overnight , no one could , yet he has bolstered the squad where he sees fit , and we have had better results and played better .

i also want to know , why roeder a so called experienced manager , stated we need aa big man up front , never got one , and the team faltered purely for the fact we could not score goals , apart from lita of which we had for a short time .

gunny steps in , in two or three weeks brings in players who can score goals and have shown that , yet for someone who has no experience , done something quickly to put this problem right .

also in defence , red cards and penalties on a regular basis cost us points nearly every week under roeder ,we bring in a defender we should have never got rid of , and replaced him with a slower player almost ready to retire and injury prone , so that type of mangerial experience really is not needed .

we were never going to win all our games , as the majority of our team is roeders quick fix loan players , considering the job in hand gunny has , if we stay up i would feel extremely confident next season we would all see a team that we could all be proud of , , i think he could be better than worthington if people actually gave the man a chance .

by experience you mean   being on the managerial merrygoround for a number of years  ususally making a hash of things and building up a nice retirement fund from the compensation payoffs [:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

In almost every way you can think of. Especially the bottom line.

Roeder        P/27  W/7   D/5  L/15  Pts/26        Points/match 0.9629

Gunn           P/16  W/5   D/5  L/6    Pts/            Points/match 1.3125

Extrapolated over a full season of 46 matches:

Roeder  44.3 pts

Gunn     60.4 pts

Part of the art of management is to surround oneself with strength, and Gunn has done that - Butterworth, Crook and Deehan - creating Team Gunn.

Today''s starting 11 had 5 Team Gunn signings.  

I think that whatever happens by the end of this season that Team Gunn have shown more than enough to deserve a chance to build back our club the Norwich way.

Don''t you think so too?

OTBC

[/quote]

60 points is play offs nearly isnt it :O!!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It will be disastrous if Gunn is still in charge next season. He has shown what he knows about football management in his time in charge, namely nothing.[/quote]Yeah, his record is rubbish compared to the "experienced" Roeder.Get a clue.Yes he''s learning the ropes, no that''s not an ideal situation given we''re in a serious relegation battle, but he''s as good as we could possibly have hoped for under the circumstances.As for working on a budget, I think Cody McDonald has repaid his transfer fee already....or did you not see that goal?

[quote user="Herb"]...but he''s as good as we could possibly have hoped for under the circumstances.[/quote]You don''t seriously think we could not have done better than Gunn?Yes he inherited a pretty dire situation (although under Roeder we were never in the bottom three), and yes he''s learning the ropes - but he just isn''t manager material at all. In fairness you''re right about McDonald, and we need to start doing this sort of thing more often - but given that he signed Killen, Leijer and Carney, it doesn''t fill me with an awful lot of confidence.He got it right today yes, but had the effort from Watford that whacked the bar gone a bit lower, we''d have fallen to bits and he wouldn''t have had a clue what to do about it. He worries too much about the opposition and doesn''t place enough emphasis on playing to our own strengths, can''t make a decent substitution and going by the evidence of the period just after half-time, can''t give a decent team-talk either. He''s doing his best and hopefully the coaching team are helping too, and I do think he is doing better than he was six weeks ago - but long-term he is simply not the right man for the job.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well, if you''d been on this message board as long as I, then ..................[;)]

And as for your pal Worthy? I''d much prefer if he turns out as good as Brown, Stringer or O''Neill.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, well Babes.....  nice pretty writin'' ''nall .... but if Gunny keeps us up he will have achieved more than O''Neill won''t he? What did O''Neill do for us to put him in front of Worthy? What did he win? Who did he sign? Where was the passing football? Where does O''Neill fit in with Brown and Stringer? No Bond... No Saunders... Not even a Mike Walker?

Different focus I guess...

Dear oh dear...

Still... one love

[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Herb"]...but he''s as good as we could possibly have hoped for under the circumstances.[/quote]
..... but given that he signed Killen, Leijer and Carney, it doesn''t fill me with an awful lot of confidence.

[/quote]

This is true, but at least he can admit when he''s wrong! He sent Killen back, Leijer has been used sparingly as cover, and Carney wouldn''t be seeing as much game time if Hoolihan was still fit, and Croft was 100%.

Managers are going to make mistakes. Its the sign of a good one to realise when he''s made them. Roeder did not do this. Gunn has. If Roeder was still here, we''d still have Fozzy in the middle of the park, and Patterson playing on the left, even though everyone can see how bad they were.