Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

RUSTY

I understand Rusty tried his hardest to get sent off again against Swansea. Is it me or is Darell Russell actually a petulant child? He is forever pushing his luck with the referees. He doesnt have a proffesional bone is his body. I am actually starting to dislike this guy more than Fozzy and I never thought for one second that was possable. I pray to god he is gone next season.

Darel Russell is booked by referee Graham Salisbury after an early foul on Leon Britton. Picture: Paul Hollands / Focus Images

Terrific performance from him today. Worked really really hard and played some good football. Had a better game than Clingan.

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]I wouldn''t play him, he has never been better than an average Champ player and he is a liability.[/quote]If we had 11 Darel Russells, we''d be mid table by now

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Good performance from Russell today and he also kept his composure!

[/quote]

Did he? It it wasn''t for an extremely leniant referee Russell could have easily picked up another yellow a couple of times.

I thought he was a contender for MOM today.

He was everywhere, got stuck in, but kept his head (for a change).

Was quick to shake the refs hand at the end as well.

I''d keep him.

I have been one of those having a go at Russell, but today he had a very good game, kept his cool, passed well, and pushed forward to support the strikers.  Based on today''s performance he deserves his place in the side against Ipswich.

a changed man today, i thought he was the man who ran the midfield and was in great positions to pick up the second ball which is what made the difference

He had a great game today, i honestly think him and Clingan are one of the bets midfield pairings in this division, thats my opinion though before anyone decides to try and slate it.

[quote user="GJP"]

Terrific performance from him today. Worked really really hard and played some good football. Had a better game than Clingan.

[/quote]

AGREE, [:D]

In an ideal world Russell would be our "super-sub". - not an automatic starter. But given the team we do have he has to be a strong contender for the midfield starting line up. he''s not just about running - I think he is often more productive than Croft. (Just keep that substitute ready and don''t wait before it''s too late in bringing him on).