Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Pink'Un Match - Charity Propositions

To Everyone,Obviously I don''t want to take anything away from CT for trying to arrange this.  I suggested that perhaps we could go at it through some sort of charity venture, maybe getting the help of the club and Archant in this.  Basically what I am trying to get here are people''s opinions on how we could go about getting charities involved, or which charities people would like to see represented.I''m guessing the best way to go about it would for each player to be sponsored by friends/family, and then perhaps the members of the messageboard, and readers of both the online and print version of the Pink''Un to give money to sponsor the event?Any ideas are welcome, and hopefully we can get this going properly.  It would be nice to see this event going to some sort of worthwhile cause.Cheers

Play it at Carrow Road, sell tickets to our nearest and dearest. [:D]Bryan Gunn''s charity makes sense.

If you made it a big sort of 5-a-side tournament you may get more involved and raise more money etc. Juts a thought.

The Carrow Road idea is sensible though - and Gunny''s leukemia charity seems the obvious choice.

Without bursting any bubbles (because what has been said sounds brilliant)...do you believe we really could play at Carrow Road?

If we called up and said some lads from a Norwich messageboard fancy a match for charity, can we use your pitch...what are the chances they would say yes. And who would ''they'' be?!!

As I say, Im all up for it IF it can be done...just sounds like a large project. I hope it can be done!

I feel that the carrow road idea would be good if sorted...surely they wouldn let us do it for charity...selling tickets to friends and family for charity is a good idea!

Is that realistic?

A match at Eaton sounds more promising...but a match at Carrow Road would be a dream come true!

[quote user="Largey"]

Without bursting any bubbles (because what has been said sounds brilliant)...do you believe we really could play at Carrow Road?

If we called up and said some lads from a Norwich messageboard fancy a match for charity, can we use your pitch...what are the chances they would say yes. And who would ''they'' be?!!

As I say, Im all up for it IF it can be done...just sounds like a large project. I hope it can be done!

[/quote]

I am sure the club would be all for it, free publicity, local charity, fans playing a game or two for a good cause.

We could have a crossbar challange and tie the poster voted by the other posters as ''the biggest to$$er'' to the crossbar - p.s. I''m exempt as I thought of the idea[:)]

Might be worth a go, also either a letter or e-mail to Gunny, he''s a lovely guy and would do all he could to help, even though he''s busy, especially if his charity is involved.  Although having said that he and the club sent me lots of stuff to auction off for charity and childrens hospices in the past.

Can''t do any harm by asking.

[quote user="Largey"]Lets send an e-mail to Neil Doncaster to see what he would suggest/say![/quote]

he''d say it will cost.. and that cost has already been budgeted for!

jas :)

Positions for the ''Live the Dream'' charity match at Carrow Road (playing with some legends) are going for £365 ono 90mins, £175 ono for 45mins.

Someone posted a link the other day with the price of hiring the pitch - it was something ridiculous!Eaton Park would be our better bet - but definitely still involving charities if we could.

Am I right in thinking Eaton would be free to play on...if we mean the park that is?!

[quote user="AJ"]Someone posted a link the other day with the price of hiring the pitch - it was something ridiculous!

Eaton Park would be our better bet - but definitely still involving charities if we could.
[/quote]

Its £1150 to hire the CR pitch. If you divide that by 30 people it''s about £38 each..

I''m hiring it as part of my stag do on May 28th, just split the cost 22 ways and added a fiver each that is going to Bryan Gunns charity. It is only available in May tho so if you are thinking of doing it best get a move on!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''ll mark Smudger!

[img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/boxer.gif[/img]

[/quote]He won''t turn up... he''ll say he will, but then he''ll come down with a cold or something....Incidentally, if its a 5-a-side tournament you might attract more players, more spectators and thus more charity cash, which would be a more appealing proposition for the club.... just a thought.

We could do a 5-a-side tournament and stuff too.Just the idea of a full 11 v 11 pinkun match sounded better for entertainment and fun.

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]If you made it a big sort of 5-a-side tournament you may get more involved and raise more money etc. Juts a thought. The Carrow Road idea is sensible though - and Gunny''s leukemia charity seems the obvious choice.[/quote]

I like this idea - also, why not invite/compete against teams from WOTB/other fan sites etc?  This would increase likely participants and potential spectators.

To organise a 5-a-side tournament call Steve at Powerleague on 01603 748944 or email norwich@powerleague.co.uk

I used to work there, I would say come to my current venue but I think you might all find it difficult to get there!

Thanks

[quote user="CT "]Still interested lads?[/quote]The exact plans for the idea needs to be laid out,A date needs to be set.That way, we can get the ball rolling.