Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Prospects

As an exile, I am more or less restricted to T.V. games. There are a lot like me.

Correct me if I am wrong. After a few years of limited returns, are we now suddenly producing a batch of very promising youngsters?

I refer mostly to Adeyemi and Daley but there seems to be a few more. Add these to both Spillane (100%) and Martin (hopefully) to our future prospects and things might not be as bad after all.

In this respect, the present regime of Gunn, Crook and Butterworth have my total confidence in bringing these players through. It seems to be the ideal set-up.

Whereas Roeder looked to loans and seemed to turn his back on the Academy players, rightly or wrongly, BG''s team have more faith in our prospects.

We now have our own youngsters on the bench, rather than Arsenal''s. Loanees have been established players with a point to prove and a contribution to make.

In the bigger picture, this is a correct policy, until we use our own. You cannot blood youngsters in a relegation battle.

NCFC has been many years in the higher echelons of the English game, to varying degrees.

Despite current difficulties, this will not erode overnight. There are many positives, not least the enviable fan base. The Support, the Academy, the ground, the squad, the set-up, the City, the History.

Maybe we should accept that all institutions (aka: NCFC) go through less successful times and then be more positive.

They are down the road, despite existing on THINNER ICE THAN WE DO.

I am not a Delia apologist, crucial mistakes have been made at crucial times and the club bleeds money without purpose.

However, I would rather have her than Marcus Evans and until Abramovich (mk. 2) discovers Norfolk we will have to accept the present regime and the incongruity of critics who, on the basis of a season ticket purchase, continually criticise similarly genuine supporters who just happen to have contributed millions of pounds towards the benefit of our club.

The current state of Norwich City Football Club has more positives than negatives. The propects offered by our current batch of youngsters is one of these.

agreed , we never had been a club with buckets of money , we have been unlucky with the people running the team over the last few years .

if this club  has a manager who can give the team some stability , and have players that belong to norwich city , im sure we will move forward fairly quickly .

Agree 100%. However, despite the progress of said youngsters there is a quote I found recently from a wrestling commentator of all people that can be applied to them.

"(insert athlete here) has a lot of potential, but potential doesn''t always buy you the groceries"

Adeyemi is only 17, so the fact he''s even on the bench against a side like Birmingham is fantastic for him. But he needs to continue to be paced along gradually before ultimately he is unleashed on the Championship.

Whilst their fortunes have not exactly been dissimilar to ours this season, I really admire the way that Southampton have committed to playing their youth team wherever possible.  This has to be the business model for NCFC.

Whilst I would love to have a team of icons and be challenging for the Prem league, realistically I do not want us to go out of business and want to see us build back up to top half champ regulars.  To do this we need cash and unlike a lot of clubs we cannot say that a lack thereof is down to the supporters as think apart from the big 4 our supporters probably contribute more to the income of the club than any other in the UK.  As such the route to find money has to come from transfers and what better than to develop young players or find gems in the lower leagues and accept that they will be sold to continue the process.  As long as we do the right deals and get the sell on clauses I see no reason why this cannot help our money problems.

I accept as a fan that this is not the ideal option but these are tough times and we need to survive first and foremost.