Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

CITY VIEW - TV bosses wrong to snub the 'Pride of Anglia' battle

as an outsider view, im not to fussed about this game. Norwich are on a week later vs Reading

and you could potentially be on 3 weeks in a row if your own tele on the last day of the season and vs ipswich

for the neutral sheffutd v burnley is more attractive match than a relegation candidate vs average dull midtable side (as the championships choice match)

and obviously the spurs v newcastle 1.30 ko on sky sports will attract more viewers than ipswich v norwich

people forget that outside of Anglia, Norwich are seen as a nothing team and most people couldn''t place it on a map. not saying i agree with it, but it is what it is

I can kind of understand why, what with the other fixtures on that weekend, but the schedulers obviously didn''t actually watch the last derby game as it was one of the most entertaining games of footy I''ve seen in a long time...

would have been nice match to watch mind you.

i personally rather watch your derby than premier match, but then im in the minority

According to one poster... the game will be show live on Austar/Fox in austrailia (i can''t find confirm this anwhere, but it is over 3 weeks away) so this means there will be a stream of the game on the internet.....if i find it ill post it, stay tuned!!

Since I''ll be out of the country at the time, I will be quite glad it is not on the telly, since I won''t mis out as much.the +3 time zone will help with the 12:45 kick off as well.

Not sure why the author is placing any blame on ITV... fairly sure the only highlights rights they have are for ''The Championship'' on Sunday mornings (Sunday night on last day of the season) and they certainly don''t have any rights to show games live. Besides, they are hardly going to go out of their way with them losing the highlights rights to BBC next season.

What I don''t understand is why does SKY always allow to show only one of the 2 EA derby''s every season, normally the one at Carrow Road, and it''s exactly the same for WBA v Wolves, Sheff United v Sheff Wednesday and any other championship derby. Any derby match should be a top priority to show live on TV as they are always one of the more interesting games of the season. While the EA derby might not mean much to people outside of East Anglia it is still seen as a worth while match to view purely because it''s one of the biggest Championship derby''s if not the biggest of them all.

This is such a pointless article with no research done whatsoever. Any fool know that ITV don''t have the money to be broadcasting matches willy-nilly and more so, don''t have the regional slots available - those slots being only news slots these days, since they decided to destroy any sense of regionality in their programming outside their public service news requirements.

Granted, Sky could have taken it up but they''ve got a lot more to think about at the ''business end'' of the season than pandering to a few of us yokels out in the ar5e-end of nowhere. It might have been different had the scum made a go of getting into the play-offs but they ballsed that one up a long time ago.

What would have made a more pertinent article would have been one about how the Suffolk police STILL persist in treating Norwich fans like cattle to and from the ground, even though we''re all so exhausted from working our nads off to pay the ridiculous ticket price to sit in some cow-shed that we couldn''t be bothered to cause any trouble in the first place. So there.

[quote user="San Miguel"]people forget that outside of Anglia, Norwich are seen as a nothing team and most people couldn''t place it on a map. not saying i agree with it, but it is what it is[/quote]

If you ever get round to travelling outside Norfolk you may be surprised by the amount of "furriners" that not only have connections to this County in some form or another but also the amount of people who consider our club anything but a "nothing" club.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]The games been switched to 12.45am? No wonder Sky aren''t showing it!
[/quote]

If Sky wanted to show it, the game would start at whatever time they decreed.