Sign in to follow this  
Huh?!

Administration Deadline day...

With a few rumours going around about clubs in Championship on the brink of administration, do you think anyone will annouce it will happen before the deadline ends later??Surely it would be better for them to confirm it now, get relegated and start next season strong rather than be like Leeds and have a mountain to climb.  Not all clubs will do as well as they have done.Southampton have had the biggest rumours, will it happen??

Charlton would be the only candidates in my opinion to go into adminstration this season

surely even if the others are in financial trouble they will surpass the deadline, then go into adminstration in hope they stay up yet have their -10 pts next season

They are predicting for this season that at least 1 Championship club, and up to 7 league 1 & 2 clubs will head down the road of administration.  Seems to be getting worse...

A few weeks ago it looked as if the Saint''s would take the 10 point hit this season, but they have improved and if they win their game in hand would be out of the bottom three.I don''t think even Rupert Lowe would risk it .

I cannot see anyone doing that until relegation is guaranteed as -10 points at this stage will certainly do that.  Think most clubs will gamble that they might stay up and then if not take the 10 point deduction and league 1.

Think the media has been banging this drum for a while and am not so sure that anyone in the champ will be going.

Cheltenham are likely candidates in L1 and from the Champ only Charlton or Southampton will take the hit but with their form and points total I would be shocked if Soton didn''t try and brazen it out.

I just think that when you see clubs like Man U trading despite debts of £500m and Portsmouth with £80m it shows how football is not run like other businesses.

I have no doubt that the vast majority of clubs in the Champ are operating at a loss and have substantial debts which would normall occasion severe concern if not a winding up order in other sectors.

As such cannot see anyone in the Champ doing this but agree there might be a handful of League 1 and 2 clubs that have no other choice.

Blimey, what a confederacy of dunces!!Administration is not usually optional and is certainly not an easy option that clubs can "choose" when to do this. What it means is that an accountant comes in with the aim of clearing the debts. This means asset stripping anything that can be sold until the creditors are satisfied they have got as much of their money back as they are ever likely to see.The big losers in this, apart from the fans, are the clubs owners who see their shareholding decimated. So don''t expect to see any CCC club hit administration any time soon.

dunces .. im sure people know what administration is .

as long as it doesnt happen to norwich , im not really that bothered about other clubs , if it helps us with other clubs losing points its not our problem .

there is a feature about it on radio 5live tonight at 7pm with brian malwhinney, the football league chairman, who has said today that he knows that there are a few clubs in the championship who will be in very serious trouble shortly. should be an interesting listen.nelsons glory

[quote user="plan b"]there is a feature about it on radio 5live tonight at 7pm with brian malwhinney, the football league chairman, who has said today that he knows that there are a few clubs in the championship who will be in very serious trouble shortly. should be an interesting listen.nelsons glory[/quote]Thanks for that.  I will tune in for it...

[quote user="BigFish"]Blimey, what a confederacy of dunces!!

Administration is not usually optional and is certainly not an easy option that clubs can "choose" when to do this. What it means is that an accountant comes in with the aim of clearing the debts. This means asset stripping anything that can be sold until the creditors are satisfied they have got as much of their money back as they are ever likely to see.

The big losers in this, apart from the fans, are the clubs owners who see their shareholding decimated. So don''t expect to see any CCC club hit administration any time soon.
[/quote]

You may be right in essence, but are you telling me that no club has chosen when they went into admin?  Leeds is a prime example of a team who choose when they entered administration.

Why on Earth would any club not already pretty much doomed go into administration today?  Anyone not doomed is far more likely to do it tomorrow knowing the deduction won''t kick in until next season (when they might well be able to overcome it - as opposed to this season where it will probably be irretrievable).

Surely there is more likely to be a rush tomorrow (give teams more time to sort things out and come out of admin before the start of next season)

Administration is not usually optional and is certainly not an easy option that clubs can "choose" when to do this. What it means is that an accountant comes in with the aim of clearing the debts. This means asset stripping anything that can be sold until the creditors are satisfied they have got as much of their money back as they are ever likely to see.

The big losers in this, apart from the fans, are the clubs owners who see their shareholding decimated. So don''t expect to see any CCC club hit administration any time soon.
[/quote]

actually, administration is dealt with by administators not accountants - slightly different qualifications etc..

and asset stripping is more common is voluntary liquidations which is not the same as administration.

the only reason you would chose to go into admin now is if you knew that administration was imminent to avoid a liquidation. even then you have to juggle with the risk of almost certain relegation this season or starting next season with a deficit of points

i heard a rumour that Watford were close to admin a while ago, and that would certainly be a favour to Norwich

It seems to be a common mistake on here that:If a club goes in to administration today - points deducted this season.If a club goes in to administration tomorrow - points deducted next season.This isn''t quite the case, The rules actually are:If a club goes in to administration today - points deducted this season.

If a club goes in to administration tomorrow - points deducted next season - unless they would result in relegation this season, when they are applied this season.With this in mind, imo only Charlton would be likely to go today.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]

actually, administration is dealt with by administators not accountants - slightly different qualifications etc..

and asset stripping is more common is voluntary liquidations which is not the same as administration.

the only reason you would chose to go into admin now is if you knew that administration was imminent to avoid a liquidation. even then you have to juggle with the risk of almost certain relegation this season or starting next season with a deficit of points

i heard a rumour that Watford were close to admin a while ago, and that would certainly be a favour to Norwich

[/quote]

The first duty of the administrator is to attempt to sell the business, or club in this case, as a going concern. If this is not possible then effectively the next option is to try to repay the creditors to the best possible extent. On entering administration control of the business assets pass to the administrator, making effective trading very difficult.

What a singularly pretentious thing to say.

I can only assume that by referring to the previous posters (myself included) as a confederacy of dunces that you were attempting to position yourself as the true genius that Swift speaks of.

As such my learned friend pray talk on and educate us all....

20 million debt and riseing poeple should worry whats going on in our, back yard instead of praying on other poeples mis fortunes.

[quote user="canaries"]20 million debt and riseing poeple should worry whats going on in our, back yard instead of praying on other poeples mis fortunes.[/quote]

And you should stay on the Ipswich site where you belong, Chris.We all know you''re not a City supporter, so why not sod off and play with your 6 fingered friends?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="canaries"]20 million debt and riseing poeple should worry whats going on in our, back yard instead of praying on other poeples mis fortunes.[/quote]

And you should stay on the Ipswich site where you belong, Chris.We all know you''re not a City supporter, so why not sod off and play with your 6 fingered friends?

[/quote]

and why have you changed your name Chris?

Charlton will not go into Administration; their debt is of something like £21 million but £16 million of that is owed to chair and board members who probably aren''t too bothered about getting their pennies back. So I doubt this will happen.Southampton, like us, won''t give in either, they will fight to the end.I''d expect no championship clubs to go into administration this season anyway

I hear that Barnsley and Blackpool are more at risk than most but also have more to lose from a 10 point deduction so cannot see it happening.

[quote user="AJ"]Charlton will not go into Administration; their debt is of something like £21 million but £16 million of that is owed to chair and board members who probably aren''t too bothered about getting their pennies back. So I doubt this will happen.Southampton, like us, won''t give in either, they will fight to the end.I''d expect no championship clubs to go into administration this season anyway[/quote]they owe AVIVA millions!!!!!!why dont they call the debt in and help us out.

Football League rules state that clubs in financial trouble that go into administration will be deducted 10 points as happened to League Two Darlington last month.

But clubs who go into administration after today''s (26 March 2009) 1700 GMT deadline face having their 10-point deduction suspended.

If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season but if the club stays up the 10 points will be taken off their final total.

The club would then go down if the 10-point deduction subsequently resulted in it slipping into a relegation place.

Well that turned out to be a damp squib.

After all the claims from the FA and in the press - nothing happened....