Sign in to follow this  
ca

Discount for season tickets for Linnets game

[quote] Norwich City season ticket holders are being offered the chance to get a discounted live football fix this weekend at non league neighbours King''s Lynn.

A free upgrade to the club''s Main Stand is available for Saturday''s Blue Square North home game against play-off chasing Stalybridge for City season ticket holders who pay the standard £10 adult admission price at The Walks.

Lynn commercial director Simon Pomfret is keen to foster even closer links between Norfolk''s two premier clubs with no Championship fixture for the Canaries due to the international break.

Pomfret also confirmed children aged 15 and under will be admitted to the ground for £1 when accompanied by a full paying adult.

"The youngsters are the future of this club and it is my aim to encourage them along to see live football and also to support their local team," he said. "Over the past seasons Norwich players such as Dion Dublin and Jerry Goss have worn both clubs'' shirts and there is an excellent relationship between Keith Webb and Bryan Gunn.

"What we have proposed to do is after payment of the standard ground admission charge of £10, on production of a Norwich City season ticket book, the holder will be given a ''free'' upgrade to a seat in the Main Stand - which usually costs another £2. I think those taking up the offer will be surprised at the standard of football at our level."[/quote]

I''m going to this game, is anyone else going from here?

Can anyone help me with car parking there plus is it easy to find as I haven''t been before ( driving from Cromer direction)

Yes I''m going to my token one game a season at the Linnetts. A supplier sponsors the match ball once a year. Truth be known I''m only going for the free meal and drink.

One thing I always say after the Lynn game every year is ''''I''m never moaning about the standard of football I watch at Carrow Road every other week, ever again.'''' Needless to say I always do but it brings home what poor quality footy non league is!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote] Norwich City season ticket holders are being offered the chance to get a discounted live football fix this weekend at non league neighbours King''s Lynn.

A free upgrade to the club''s Main Stand is available for Saturday''s Blue Square North home game against play-off chasing Stalybridge for City season ticket holders who pay the standard £10 adult admission price at The Walks.

Lynn commercial director Simon Pomfret is keen to foster even closer links between Norfolk''s two premier clubs with no Championship fixture for the Canaries due to the international break.

Pomfret also confirmed children aged 15 and under will be admitted to the ground for £1 when accompanied by a full paying adult.

"The youngsters are the future of this club and it is my aim to encourage them along to see live football and also to support their local team," he said. "Over the past seasons Norwich players such as Dion Dublin and Jerry Goss have worn both clubs'' shirts and there is an excellent relationship between Keith Webb and Bryan Gunn.

"What we have proposed to do is after payment of the standard ground admission charge of £10, on production of a Norwich City season ticket book, the holder will be given a ''free'' upgrade to a seat in the Main Stand - which usually costs another £2. I think those taking up the offer will be surprised at the standard of football at our level."[/quote]

Can anyone help me with car parking there plus is it easy to find as I haven''t been before ( driving from Cromer direction)

[/quote]

I''m off to the Lake District tomorrow or I would have been there. From Cromer I assume you''d come via Fakenham so would hit the Lynn by pass at the Knights Hill Hotel roundabout. Turn left and follow the bypass to the next roundabout (Queen Elizabeth Hospital) and turn right towards the town centre there. Follow the road down (there''s a speed camera halfway down) to the traffic lights opposite the big clock tower. Bear left there and follow the road past the old grammar school. You''ll come to another junction with lights with a pub (the Woolpack) on the opposite corner. Turn left and follow the road over the railway crossing and a wide open park on your right.The ground is just past this on the right. As for parking, most people park on the roads around the ground as the club car parks are very small and fill early. There are no proper car parks particularly close to the ground,I''m afraid!

Hope that helps.

What, they''re offering the chance to watch King''s Lynn for a tenner? Why the hell would I want to watch that shower. especially for a tenner. I support Norwich.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

There are a number of side streets on the opposite side of the road to the ground where it is relatively easy to park. Unlike Norwich where a walk of two miles to the ground is needed because all the streets are empty but restricted to permit parking.

The reason for permit parking in the city centre is because people actually live there and some have cars. We have to pay for those permits as most of the houses are Victorian and don''t have driveways. There are plenty of car parks, mostly for charity on Thorpe Road. You can park outside the permit areas, starting just before the Thorpe St Andrew boundary, which is under 1 mile. Off the top of my head, can''t think of many other grounds were parking is free in our league.

[quote user="hiadamhoneywood"]What, they''re offering the chance to watch King''s Lynn for a tenner? Why the hell would I want to watch that shower. especially for a tenner. I support Norwich.
[/quote]

As the second best team in Norfolk and with the second biggest support base in their league , as well as having Scott Howie , Andrew Fisk , Kris Renton in their team , and the ex NCFC reserve manager as their manager , as a man of norfolk how can you not support the Linnets 

[quote user="gary "]

[quote user="hiadamhoneywood"]What, they''re offering the chance to watch King''s Lynn for a tenner? Why the hell would I want to watch that shower. especially for a tenner. I support Norwich.
[/quote]

As the second best team in Norfolk and with the second biggest support base in their league , as well as having Scott Howie , Andrew Fisk , Kris Renton in their team , and the ex NCFC reserve manager as their manager , as a man of norfolk how can you not support the Linnets 

[/quote]

Cos I''m off to Wembley.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]The reason for permit parking in the city centre is because people actually live there and some have cars. We have to pay for those permits as most of the houses are Victorian and don''t have driveways. There are plenty of car parks, mostly for charity on Thorpe Road. You can park outside the permit areas, starting just before the Thorpe St Andrew boundary, which is under 1 mile. Off the top of my head, can''t think of many other grounds were parking is free in our league.[/quote]

I do understand the need for permit parking and the reason behind it. Some streets, however, have no cars parked on the road because the houses are large with driveways long enough to park 10 cars in. For evening games, the empty streets suddenly become full of cars again as the restrictions in these areas only apply to 6.30 p.m.

[quote user="gary "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hear hear (unless you''re John Prescott - LOL!).