Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

as rodney marsh says, be careful what you wish for...

because you just might get it. How can so many people already start the worthy out. This is not the solution. Its the players who play, the players who play poorly and the players who keep on screwing up.

Whoever is brought on should be good enough to put together 1 poxy win. If not, then we are just not good enough. If we haven''t got the players, we haven''t got the players. Maybe we can question worthys signings but he only had about £2m to spend, and he could just spend that on 1 player.

He has been a great manager and he deserves to continue his job. Lay off him or it might just happen.

[quote]because you just might get it. How can so many people already start the worthy out. This is not the solution. Its the players who play, the players who play poorly and the players who keep on screwing...[/quote]

And it''s Worthington who told them to sit deep defending a 1-0 lead instead of pushing for a winner. .

[quote]because you just might get it. How can so many people already start the worthy out. This is not the solution. Its the players who play, the players who play poorly and the players who keep on screwing...[/quote]

There is not a single manager I would rather want at this present time than Worthington.  Anyone who has started a Worthy out campaign is stupid.  Carry on Nige

[quote]If we get relegated I think we should get someone else in but unless it becomes a certainty that we will then we should all continue to back him. Is he the man who can take us to the next level? So ...[/quote]

Don''t talk rubbish. Remember where we have come from - when Worthy took over we facing relegation to the second division. Had it not been for him we would probably now be in Sheffield Wednesday''s shoes or worse. He''s turned us around and taken us to the Premiership. If we get relegated then so be it, sacking Worthy is not the answer

[quote]If we get relegated I think we should get someone else in but unless it becomes a certainty that we will then we should all continue to back him. Is he the man who can take us to the next level? So ...[/quote]

Why on earth would we get rid of Worthington if we get relegated?  He knows the players, the players know him.  It would be ludicrous to sack him.  Charlton didn''t sack Curbishly, Bolton didn''t sack Alladyce.  This club needs stability and you won''t get that from sacking the manager

yeah I reckon we should go for someone else also. Arsene Wenger maybe..........

We are all dissapointed but lets show some realism guys.

Its a very steep learning curve in the prem and I am sure Worthy may well accept some glaring errors have been made but I feel sure that he will pull us through it on the right side.

There''s equal blame here.

The manager picks the team that goes out on the field to play. Once they''re out there on the park he has limited things that he can do. So some of the blame has to go to the players for not performing. At 1-0 up that game should have been wrapped up. A leader on the field would/should not have let the team drop the tempo, drop off the opposition and allow them to play.

However, the manager can see a lot of what is going on on the pitch and should be able to give out instructions to make changes. Did that happen? Seemingly not. At the same time he takes responsibility for who goes on and who comes off in terms of tactical switches. Jonson coming off was right, Henderson going on was probably not.

When it comes down to it, the proverbial buck stops with Worthy. He needs to grab this bull by the horns and dish out some harsh words about performances. He also needs to look at where the team is coming undone.

Having watched all of the Man City match I''m concerned that the defense, when under pressure, looks like a bunch of headless chickens. Nobody is stepping up to lead and organise the back four. Everyone points at everyone else. If you got nothing from Mackay you got that a steely word and an order to do something at the back. Mackay is gone so who has filled his "leaders" boots? Fleming? I think not.

In the midfield there seems to be a lack of pressing the play when the opposition has the ball, especially when the team is leading. Again somebody on the park working in the middle should be able to give the team a "gee-up" when that''s happening and get them going again. Is there anyone?

A disappointing result as clearly with Rovers down to 10 and leading 1-0 after 11 minutes of the second half, City failed to capitalise on the one man advantage. Collectively the team and coaching staff need to look at themselves and be critical of what was wrong. Charlton don''t look like pushovers for the next match and Southampton after their two positive results would be looking to carry on.

Well i would like to see another manager who could do any better with only 3 million to spend carry on worthy i for one will back you even if we go down.

Why are you all talking relegation??  If we go down, whoever is the Manager, we will probably be there for another 9 years, or more.  Enough of this defeatist talk and if ensuring our survival in the Premiership is the aim of us all, there is no one person who is above reproach.  We certainly do not want a Manager who is very good at getting us promoted but not so hot at keeping us up.  We must not even contemplate relegation.

I vote for DDIM to succeed Worthy with a backing team of 1st Wiz. and Morph!!

OTBC for ever

Worthington out!  I''ve got a bottle of lemonade and I fancy a shandy!!!

And if you think that''s a stupid comment to make on this thread then you would be at about the level of thinking of someone, in my opinion, who thinks our manager should go far...and start now...with a one-way ticket.  Yes he''s made mistakes (hands up who hasn''t?) and he must learn from them, but getting rid of him would be reckless and stupid, especially now when we need the stability that many of our rivals at the bottom lack.