Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Staying up is just the FIRST challenge

I hope I am right in saying that I genuinely believe the current squad and the management team that we have in place will keep us this season, just.

But how long will it take for people to sit up and take notice? Personally if we stay up I am giving the board one last chance to CHANGE. If we go down, their policies and mismanagement is inexcusable and I for one will not be helping to fund their gross negligance.

So the scenario is this, we stay up, and the fantastically passionate management team that we currently blessed with are left a squad totally void of the loan players we currently have and with a number of players out of contract.

We are left therefore in a scenario whereas we need to sign at least two strikers, a left winger, a right back, a left back, another centre back, possibly another right winger if Croft leaves and two centre midfielders to replace Fotheringham and Pattison.

Cureton in my book must go, the only excuse for keeping him in the Championship would be lack of ambition. In my opinion, and it could be argued, Carl Cort is a poor mans fix for a big Iwan Roberts sized hole that has never been stitched up. That said, I would see the reasons for keeping Cort for one more year, but to keep Cureton and Cort would a massive mistake.

SO...... in my eyes one of two things could happen:-

1)   The board give Gunn a stupid budget, one that does not allow him to actually turn us in to a mid table championship team again, despite the sale of some players (e.g. Marshall and Clingan)

2)   The club sells Clingan for a decent amount and gives Gunn ALL of the proceeds, plus some additional money that MUST be found from somewhere.

Im sorry but option 1 means almost certain relegation, with the board sacking Gunn and blaming him for the failures.  Option 2 would finally allow us to turn the corner.

What sort of transfer activity do I expect from the board this summer?

1. Buy Alan Gow for 250k (The amount that Wolves nearly signed him for)

2. Buy Shackell (Writing off any debts that Wolves owe us)

3. Buy Mooney (If we can get for maximum 500k)

4. Buy Alan Lee (Again, at maximum of 500k considering his age)

5. Or striker of very similar standard to the two above.

6. Sign two of the many very capable defenders available on a bosman this summer (e.g. Darren Purse or Alex Bruce)

7. Agree a new contract with Mickey Spillane

8. Make substantial efforts to keep Lee Croft at the club.

9. Sign two decent centre midfielders.

10. Make a bid for David Carney

DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT WE WILL ACTUALLY SIGN NINE PLAYERS BECAUSE I BLOODY WELL DONT. THIS IS THE STATE THAT WE ARE IN, DONCASTER HAS CLEARLY STATED THAT  WE WILL BE SIGNING LOANS AGAIN NEXT YEAR.  THE AGENT FEES ALONE FOR LAST YEAR AMOUNTED TO MORE THAN THE LIKELY COST OF ALAN GOW ON A PERMANENT TRANSFER.

STOP THE MISMANAGEMENT, STOP STRIPPING THIS ONCE PROUD CLUB OF ITS DIGNITY AND EMOTION. GIVE US ALL A PERMANANT TEAM OF DECENT PLAYERS TO BELIEVE IN AND SING ABOUT NEXT YEAR. GIVE US A TEAM THAT WILL MAKE US PROUD OF CARROW ROAD, GIVE US A TEAM SO THAT WE CAN DRIVE ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY NOT FEELING LIKE COMPLETE MUGS EVERY TIME.

GIVE US A TEAM OR F*CK OFF

THE KIND OF TEAM THAT I DEMAND TO SEE

Marshall

Purse*       Shackell   Stefanovic    Bertrand

Croft          Russell       NEW???      Gow

Mooney      Lee

Subs From: Doherty, Carney, McDonald, Cort, Spillane, Daley, Adeyemi, Lappin, Hoolohan

* and yes he can play right back.

GIVE US A TEAM DELIA, GIVE US A F*CKING TEAM

[quote user="ryan85k"]

I hope I am right in saying that I genuinely believe the current squad and the management team that we have in place will keep us this season, just.

But how long will it take for people to sit up and take notice? Personally if we stay up I am giving the board one last chance to CHANGE. If we go down, their policies and mismanagement is inexcusable and I for one will not be helping to fund their gross negligance.

So the scenario is this, we stay up, and the fantastically passionate management team that we currently blessed with are left a squad totally void of the loan players we currently have and with a number of players out of contract.

We are left therefore in a scenario whereas we need to sign at least two strikers, a left winger, a right back, a left back, another centre back, possibly another right winger if Croft leaves and two centre midfielders to replace Fotheringham and Pattison.

Cureton in my book must go, the only excuse for keeping him in the Championship would be lack of ambition. In my opinion, and it could be argued, Carl Cort is a poor mans fix for a big Iwan Roberts sized hole that has never been stitched up. That said, I would see the reasons for keeping Cort for one more year, but to keep Cureton and Cort would a massive mistake.

1)   The board give Gunn a stupid budget, one that does not allow him to actually turn us in to a mid table championship team again, despite the sale of some players (e.g. Marshall and Clingan)

2)   The club sells Clingan for a decent amount and gives Gunn ALL of the proceeds, plus some additional money that MUST be found from somewhere.

Im sorry but option 1 means almost certain relegation, with the board sacking Gunn and blaming him for the failures.  Option 2 would finally allow us to turn the corner.

6. Sign two of the many very capable defenders available on a bosman this summer (e.g. Darren Purse or Alex Bruce)

DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT WE WILL ACTUALLY SIGN NINE PLAYERS BECAUSE I BLOODY WELL DONT. THIS IS THE STATE THAT WE ARE IN, DONCASTER HAS CLEARLY STATED THAT  WE WILL BE SIGNING LOANS AGAIN NEXT YEAR.  THE AGENT FEES ALONE FOR LAST YEAR AMOUNTED TO MORE THAN THE LIKELY COST OF ALAN GOW ON A PERMANENT TRANSFER.

STOP THE MISMANAGEMENT, STOP STRIPPING THIS ONCE PROUD CLUB OF ITS DIGNITY AND EMOTION. GIVE US ALL A PERMANANT TEAM OF DECENT PLAYERS TO BELIEVE IN AND SING ABOUT NEXT YEAR. GIVE US A TEAM THAT WILL MAKE US PROUD OF CARROW ROAD, GIVE US A TEAM SO THAT WE CAN DRIVE ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY NOT FEELING LIKE COMPLETE MUGS EVERY TIME.

[/quote]rant over???   i also cant see us signing that many players...the money must be found to buy GOW and im in areement any sales MUST be givin to the manager to bolster our squad....but hey we all know what the current board are like...there will be alot of bosmans in the summer...bruce...purse..lita..etc...i would hope we can compete to sign some of thhese players...imo lita will be out of our reach....i would like to see us sign...bruce...a.lee...gow...mooney...with know 1 leaving...if clingan is sold i would like to see a few more[Y]

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Marshall

Mooney      Lee

Subs From: Doherty, Carney, McDonald, Cort, Spillane, Daley, Adeyemi, Lappin, Hoolohan

[/quote]you have left DOC out? and D.PURSE HAS NEVER BEEN A RIGHT BACK!

You seem to have already decided we''re staying up (just!) - good man, so have I, lets hope it doesn''t come back and bite us on the arse eh?Agree for the most part, can''t see us creating a squad capable of anything other than yet another brave relegation scrap for much under 3 million squids.A couple of loans of the right calibre could be an asset though. Don''t let the loan experiences of recent years fool you, Huckerby and Crouch were quality.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Marshall

Mooney      Lee

[/quote]you have left DOC out? and D.PURSE HAS NEVER BEEN A RIGHT BACK![/quote]

I didnt leave Doc out he was in the ''Subs from'' section, he would be my third choice centre back under a fully fit stefanovic. I certainly wouldnt play him above Shackell on current form.

Although I was probably pushing it with Purse at right back at his age, although I hope that you stand corrected when informed that he won the Birmingham player of the year in 2001 having played most of the season at right back.

Actually, come to think about it, people are calling for Bruce, Purse and Shackell to be signed...... If we get Shackell then we dont need either of them?? We need a right back a hell of a lot more.

I also hope that we manage to get Bertrand on loan yet again......

[quote user="Herb"]You seem to have already decided we''re staying up (just!) - good man, so have I, lets hope it doesn''t come back and bite us on the arse eh?

Agree for the most part, can''t see us creating a squad capable of anything other than yet another brave relegation scrap for much under 3 million squids.

A couple of loans of the right calibre could be an asset though. Don''t let the loan experiences of recent years fool you, Huckerby and Crouch were quality.

[/quote]

I am confident that we will stay up defo, we look like a team too good to go down at the minute. But thats exactly the problem isnt it? If we have a team that looks two good to go down (the first time in a few years) then we need to try and keep that team together.......

Yeah exactly, a few million quid. Yes I know the situation in football at the moment, but I will not put up with a single piece of pessimistic and unambitous doncaster-esque spin. If we can get £2.5m for Clingan, assuming that 500k of that is wasted away in all sorts of fees, then that gives us £2m.  If we are getting £2.9m from TV rights then the other £1m can come from there.

If we keep Clingan (win-win either way in my way of doing things) then we take £1.5m from the TV money and spend that on Shackell, Gow and Mooney.  If Cureton, Fotheringham, Croft and Cort leave on a bosman - then as far as im concerned there is enough left in the pot to sign some bosmans ourselves. I should imagine that Cureton and Croft are on very good money, and I know that Fozzy is. 

There is no reason whatsoever why we can buy three players, sign three free transfers and then use the Loan system to plug the gaps in the rest of the team. Sorry but I just wont be sucked into this whole negative no money crap. Knowing that we can get Alan Gow for 250k (probably less), and that we spent over 100k on a conservatory at Colney (that fans cant even see), makes me feel sick to the stomach.

This board is taking liberties with the season ticket holders and the shareholders. The sooner they shape up the better, else we are going to have to ship them out.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Marshall

Mooney      Lee

I didnt leave Doc out he was in the ''Subs from'' section, he would be my third choice centre back under a fully fit stefanovic. I certainly wouldnt play him above Shackell on current form.

Although I was probably pushing it with Purse at right back at his age, although I hope that you stand corrected when informed that he won the Birmingham player of the year in 2001 having played most of the season at right back.

Actually, come to think about it, people are calling for Bruce, Purse and Shackell to be signed...... If we get Shackell then we dont need either of them?? We need a right back a hell of a lot more.

[/quote]didnt realise that[Y]...it was along time ago tho..lol...i would have doc and shacks at the back they seem very solid at this minute in time and i have never been a big DOC fan but credit were credits due he has played very well with shacks...would like to see A.Bruce added to that equastion[Y]+ he would be a free £££

and as for staying up...im with you[Y] im hoping and think we will....a few weeks ago i thought we were dead...but we look to have hit a bit of form JUST at the right time..OTBC

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Marshall

Mooney      Lee

[/quote]didnt realise that[Y]...it was along time ago tho..lol...i would have doc and shacks at the back they seem very solid at this minute in time and i have never been a big DOC fan but credit were credits due he has played very well with shacks...would like to see A.Bruce added to that equastion[Y]+ he would be a free £££[/quote]

Yeah I would have either one of Bruce, Purse or DeMerit.  We only need one of them though if we get Shacks. If we dont get Shacks, then two of them.

If I had to choose one of them it would be Bruce, purely because it feels as if he should be a Norwich player for some reason, and I would get a lot of satisfaction if he came and did an amazing job for us..... I cant see why Ipswich dont want him to be honest....... I seem to remember Purse rejecting us as well? so what goes around comes around! I think DeMerit is a bit of a handful too....

I would be very happy with any one of those three though.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Marshall

Mooney      Lee

[/quote]didnt realise that[Y]...it was along time ago tho..lol...i would have doc and shacks at the back they seem very solid at this minute in time and i have never been a big DOC fan but credit were credits due he has played very well with shacks...would like to see A.Bruce added to that equastion[Y]+ he would be a free £££[/quote]

Yeah I would have either one of Bruce, Purse or DeMerit.  We only need one of them though if we get Shacks. If we dont get Shacks, then two of them.

If I had to choose one of them it would be Bruce, purely because it feels as if he should be a Norwich player for some reason, and I would get a lot of satisfaction if he came and did an amazing job for us..... I cant see why Ipswich dont want him to be honest....... I seem to remember Purse rejecting us as well? so what goes around comes around! I think DeMerit is a bit of a handful too....

I would be very happy with any one of those three though.

[/quote]because its full of half wits...simples[Y] lol

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Everybody wants these type of players, then complains about our money situation, you can''t have it both ways.
[/quote]the money has to be found from somewere.

if its the sale of clingan then so be it...if we do not invest in the player side we will be in the same situation next season(dont think my nerves could take it lol)

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Here''s 20p. Now run along and phone someone who gives a sh*t what you think.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Here''s 20p. Now run along and phone someone who gives a sh*t what you think.

[/quote]

How original and pleasant. As for the 20p, I have plenty of minutes left on my monthly phone contract, but thanks. You can have it back, go put it towards your next copy of the evening news so you can w*nk over Neil Doncaster.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

A good post Ryan, but the board have run out of chances with me.

I totally agree with the opinion stated by ryan85k, but just like him I just can not see us signing a lot of players, let alone 9... But we all know... as long as there is no clear signal from the fans as a unit against the mismanagement it is just going to continue.