Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why hasn't Croft signed a new contract?

Hedgeing his bets is my guess..............or, in other words, if City go down, I''m off.

Well heres news for you fat boy, you''re replaceable...............bye!

Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe the club are having to wait on the deal, as until we know what league we will be in, we don''t know how much we can afford to pay him?!?!

If we were relegated, we would need to offload some of the bigger earners, so its hardly a surprise we are waiting.

Even if it is Crofty that is stalling on the deal, can you blame him!!? He is a quality player that deserves to be playing Championship football. I''m sure he would rather do that for NCFC, but if that isn''t possible nobody can hold that against him.

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]How about negotiations are ongoing and our board as usual are trying to pennypinch as much as possible, offering him terms that he is not willing to accept?[/quote]

I don''t buy that SWP, there have been clubs like Sheffield Utd sniffing around him since December, let him go and grab the money I say.

If the club dont know whether they can pay him his big wages (from what i hear) then I dont blame them for not offering him a contract/starting negotiations tbh....

I imagine that they will start contract negotations with all of the players they want to re-sign when we know one way or another

Wiz, he will go on a free, what we should have done is got him to sign earlier, I know people do not like clauses (include me in that), but put one in, just incase we do go down. Then at least we could get something for him.

[quote user="BGG YPOS"]Wiz, he will go on a free, what we should have done is got him to sign earlier, I know people do not like clauses (include me in that), but put one in, just incase we do go down. Then at least we could get something for him.[/quote]

So thats a cool £1 million loss on him then.[:S]

No senior player should ever be allowed to reach the final year of their contract. It should be sign up in the summer before it expires, or you''re on the transfer list.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Any player is replaceable Wiz. Im guessing we will struggle to find a right winger who is as good or better than Croft.

He has been a loyal and hard working servant of this club so I for one hope he betters his career at a bigger and more ambitious club.

Hedgeing his bets is my guess..............or, in other words, if City go down, I''m off.

[/quote]

As said on another post I''m not sure we can blame him entirely - for the most part of this season he has been the only player to show any heart.

Don''t get me wrong I''d rather everyone bled yella and green and signed regardless of situation, but if he signed we went down and he again found himself to be in the minority caring but in a lower division.... well I know if it were me I''d regret my heart over head decision.

Also, "fat boy", really?!

If we let him go in Janurary, we''d still have lost a good player who could help us beat the drop. If he does go I''d like to think Gunn has a list of targets in mind to replace him. To be honest I don''t think he''ll give anything less than 100% in the next few games because wusrely relegation would scupper his chances of a move to the likes of the upper level Championship sides?

Surely it is quite simple - money. 

No player that close to the end of his contract is going to sign - he will have loads of choice in teh summer and can go to the highest bidder (Lita is in the same positon).

As someone we bought while we had the parachute payments I am guessing he is certainly one of the players whose wages are rather higher than their value in footballing terms.  I wouldn''t resign him without him taking a pay cut because I don''t think he''s worth it - he probably disagrees, which is presumably why he hasn''t signed.

Haven''t generally noticed us playing any worse without him than we have with him this season.

Wiz, he is sensible with what he does by not signing a contract yet, would you rather play in a higher league or not.

i dont like to criticise you but it just seems that you like to post a negative topic each day in the hope you can boost your number of posts here so you hold the record. you chop and change your opinion on so many things it is unreal. try being positive and then STAYING positive for once.

Hopefully he''s just waiting for us to be mathematically safe and then he''ll sign.

I know he has his critics but sometimes people need to get a grip, any faults in his game are vastly outweighed by all his good attributes. He''s one of our best players and he''s one of the better right wingers outside the Premier League.

He''ll only get better as well.

We''ll struggle to get someone better than him, that is for sure.

He will not sign a contract. He is leaving in the summer and there is lnothing we can do about it. Another residue of the short term approach which means we don''t give any players long contracts (except for some bizarre reason Drury) is that we seem to constantly have key players in the last year of their contracts. all very well if nobody else wants them but if they are any good then its a big problem!

[/quote]

He''s not fat but you sure are ugly!!

[/quote]

Read my post......WE DONT NEED CROFT!!.

Dont get me wrong, i do like him as a player.... but this will be his third season with us, and only this season he has starting produceing the goods.. well apart from s**t crosses!!

If not committed to the cause... good bye........ Hucks back..switch Hoolahan to right, also if Carney can produce like he did against Brum... Tracking Back, decent passes!!!!!! Money in the bank for Doomcaster to Pee up the wall

[quote user="baldyboy"]

Wiz, he is sensible with what he does by not signing a contract yet, would you rather play in a higher league or not.

i dont like to criticise you but it just seems that you like to post a negative topic each day in the hope you can boost your number of posts here so you hold the record. you chop and change your opinion on so many things it is unreal. try being positive and then STAYING positive for once.

[/quote]

Simply untrue BB, as I proved to Lappin a few days ago that I do ''positive'', and I find it curious that my positive posts never get commented on.

My opinions have nor wavered on the board, Smith, Curo, Lee (wanted him here last year) Crooky, Butters and Gunn still have my support too.

Still, thanks for the opportunity to increase my post count![;)]

Probably for the first time ever, I 100% agree with Wiz and posted something the like in a thread a couple of weeks ago

Croft is a money grabbing toss off that couldn''t give a monkeys about this club, He has had half a good season with us once Roeder got him fit before that he was overweight and ran round like a headless chicken every now and again collecting his 5k plus per week for 3 years and showing no signs of changing until Roeder got on to him, he has been offered a contract and needs to sign it or sod off.

The funniest thing is people seem to think he''s such a great player, being one of the stand out players in a team fighting relegation isn''t such a great thing and him being one of our best players just shows how far this club has fallen, he cant even cross a ball for gods sake.

Think he said a couple of weeks ago that his contract talks have been put on hold temp because all the focus needs to be on keeping us up. Didn''t he also said that he loves the club, is very settled in the area and is hoping to stay.

Also the club can''t offer him a deal until they know what league we''ll be in  as they won''t know what budget is available.

Why should he care about NCFC though? Its just a job and I dont blame players who want to better themselves. All this talk of loyalty is a load of balls simply because we only want it in relation to our club. I didnt see people bemoaning Hoolahans lack of loyalty to Blackpool when he moved here, simply because as a footballer he didnt owe them anything, same way Croft owes us nothing. Oh and calling him fat boy just makes you look like an idiot.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Probably for the first time ever, I 100% agree with Wiz and posted something the like in a thread a couple of weeks ago

Croft is a money grabbing toss off that couldn''t give a monkeys about this club, He has had half a good season with us once Roeder got him fit before that he was overweight and ran round like a headless chicken every now and again collecting his 5k plus per week for 3 years and showing no signs of changing until Roeder got on to him, he has been offered a contract and needs to sign it or sod off.

The funniest thing is people seem to think he''s such a great player, being one of the stand out players in a team fighting relegation isn''t such a great thing and him being one of our best players just shows how far this club has fallen, he cant even cross a ball for gods sake.

[/quote]

I''m feeling faint![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]My opinions have nor wavered on the board, Smith, Curo, Lee (wanted him here last year) Crooky, Butters and Gunn still have my support too.[/quote]Cor blimey, nearly missed this one!

So wiz finally reveals himself as a secret Delia fantasist! [:O]

I guess most of us knew it really! [;)]

Hey wiz.........

[:-*] Bet you''ve got her pic on your bedroom wall? [:-*]

Maybe the club are waiting to see if he gets a decent cross into the box between now and the end of the season.....!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]My opinions have nor wavered on the board, Smith, Curo, Lee (wanted him here last year) Crooky, Butters and Gunn still have my support too.[/quote]Cor blimey, nearly missed this one!

So wiz finally reveals himself as a secret Delia fantasist! [:O]

I guess most of us knew it really! [;)]

Hey wiz.........

[:-*] Bet you''ve got her pic on your bedroom wall? [:-*]

[/quote]

Eh Lapps? I despise her, and the only pictures I have of her are used on my bottom after a curry!.[:D]