Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

OMG how pants is it without any real footy

international friendly...bloody rubbish..get the real footy on...OTBC

hope the two week break gives us the rest we need but doesnt take our minds off the job needed

It gives us a chance to refresh, especially on injuries (like Croft) and get nice and pumped up for our next game.We''ll take it in a positive way [:)]I agree though, international friendlies are pants!

off to stevenage v oxford . Picked the wrong week to be on holiday as no norwich game but conference football is not far off the standard we have been playing all season!

Bet everyone will complain if/when England don''t do very well in a major tounament though.

You''re supposed to care about your country''s football team ALL the time not just "switch on" being an England fan every other summer...

[quote user="Mook"]

Bet everyone will complain if/when England don''t do very well in a major tounament though.

You''re supposed to care about your country''s football team ALL the time not just "switch on" being an England fan every other summer...

[/quote]Well yes, but given some of the friendly performances of late, you could say the same about the players.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]how many international players are from the championship, does anyone know a stat or anything?[/quote]Cam?Would be an interesting figure to study really, an average of which obviously wouldn''t cover a lot of clubs in this league. So, in ways, (although the break is quite nice for our players I guess) I wouldn''t mind forcing teams to play. Premiership could do the same too, giving their reserves/youth a chance!

I hate the international break too but in the old days City were often forced to play league matches without key players who had been called up for international duty because only the Premiership had a break. I was quite relieved when it was extended to the Championship.

Its actually coincided quite nicely with the missus'' birthday today, so we''ll be doing everything she wants to do without me having to check the footy scores every five minutes or disappear into the office! [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

hope the two week break gives us the rest we need but doesnt take our minds off the job needed

[/quote]

You could always play with your Subbuteo.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

You could always play with your Subbuteo.

[/quote]those says have gone im affraid...technology has moved on...its FIFA 09 online[Y] or COD4 online

it is still no comparison for the match day buzz

Away from the major summer tournaments international football just seems a bit naff.With the season ramping up to its finale, this feels like an odd time to interrupt the domestic programme. For us, we are in form and could do with the games to take advantage. While in the Premiership, I bet Liverpool aren''t too chuffed for similar reasons.

I''m going squirrel shooting instead of footy so it wont be much fun for the fluffy tailed tree rats. I love the satisfying thud of squirrel on bracken.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Oh hum, garden centres it is then.[/quote]

lol at least you''ll be bored enough walking round the garden centres to have a kip when you get home [:)]

First of all there are plenty of international players in the Championship.  Geez, we''ve had several this year ourselves.  Most of them just don''t happen to play for significant world powers.  We have/had S African, N Zealand and N Ireland players plus others I''m sure.  [:^)]

As for this being a nice time for a break, to he77 with that!  We''ve go momentum on our side and do NOT need a break right now. [:#]

As for no games, double to he77 with that.  I''ve got Houston Dynamo visiting San Jose on TV tonight!  Come on, Huckerby! [:P]