Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

Shackell buys House in Coltishall

Got wind from a mate who is a carpenter, that shacks has bought house in Coltishall. Does this mean his coming home?????. Mate asked him if he is coming back but was only allowed to say that he cant discuss it. Surely we are not actually going to sign someone we wanted in the first place and not some cheap second choice replacement yes Omuzusi im looking at you.

[quote user="canarycat"]Got wind from a mate who is a carpenter, that shacks has bought house in Coltishall. Does this mean his coming home?????. Mate asked him if he is coming back but was only allowed to say that he cant discuss it. Surely we are not actually going to sign someone we wanted in the first place and not some cheap second choice replacement yes Omuzusi im looking at you.[/quote]

I wouldnt read too much into that, maybe he just sees the opportunity to buy a house at rock bottom prices (i.e. now) in an area that will be up and coming by the time they turn that into a large town. Robbie Fowler owns 100+ houses.......

Although I hope that he does come back.

[quote user="canarycat"]yes Omuzusi im looking at you.[/quote]He wasn''t a natural centre back anyway and did a reasonable job there when we were injury/suspension ravaged. He''s a right back if you''re interested and to be fair he did a better job shifting to the centre than Shakell did when he had a go at left back.Don''t let facts get in the way of a bit of player bashing though, it''s become our new "national" sport round these parts.

Yeah i know it was out of position but for a supposed "Right back he actually played better at center back in my view. But he was still S##T.

PS he not here any more so i can Player bash as much as i like as i dont belive in that when the player is at the club as it achieves nothing.

I can see where youre coming from mate but my mate (the carpenter) said he paid way way over the odds as if price was no object. cause the carpenter didnt want the job as he was so busy at the time. so he is either a really bad property developer or coming home to play for city.

[quote user="canarycat"]I can see where youre coming from mate but my mate (the carpenter) said he paid way way over the odds as if price was no object. cause the carpenter didnt want the job as he was so busy at the time. so he is either a really bad property developer or coming home to play for city.[/quote]He''s a bloody lucky carpenter, a lot are struggling for work at the mo.

He''s a bloody lucky carpenter, a lot are struggling for work at the mo.

Actually there is a shortage of plumers and carpenters at the moment. as well as that small businesses or service providers like that are on the rise, its actually big businesses i.e woolworths and banks that suffer.

He lived in the Coltishall area before he left for Wolves.  Perhaps he might have moved house?

Unhelpfully he is still listed at his Mum''s address in Hertfordshire as well currently.

[quote user="canarycat"]

Actually there is a shortage of plumers and carpenters at the moment. as well as that small businesses or service providers like that are on the rise, its actually big businesses i.e woolworths and banks that suffer.

[/quote]

Sorry mate, but thats complete rubbish. Some all round builders are actually doing ok at the moment, a lot to do with housing association and local authority funding,  but small businesses in general are doing terribly. As for plumbers and carpenters, they are doing alright out of the public sector, but if that public purse dries out then they are in the dog poo. All of the major housebuilders (Bovis, Bellway etc etc) are in trouble, and all of them are using affordable housing grants from the government. Without those grants, worth billions, there would be almost no work for anybody in the building trade. Hence the reason that the Polish are flocking home too.

In fact, it is the demise of the small businesses (interest rates on overdrafts being put up from 3% to 12% etc etc) that compounds the problems for larger businesses. Why do you think Gordon Brown is trying to fleece Billions from the EU to support SMEs in the UK? (that means small and medium sized businesses), and Im sure a few on here would have seen Theo Phapitas doing his documentary on the bbc.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="canarycat"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate, but thats complete rubbish. Some all round builders are actually doing ok at the moment, a lot to do with housing association and local authority funding,  but small businesses in general are doing terribly. As for plumbers and carpenters, they are doing alright out of the public sector, but if that public purse dries out then they are in the dog poo. All of the major housebuilders (Bovis, Bellway etc etc) are in trouble, and all of them are using affordable housing grants from the government. Without those grants, worth billions, there would be almost no work for anybody in the building trade. Hence the reason that the Polish are flocking home too.

In fact, it is the demise of the small businesses (interest rates on overdrafts being put up from 3% to 12% etc etc) that compounds the problems for larger businesses. Why do you think Gordon Brown is trying to fleece Billions from the EU to support SMEs in the UK? (that means small and medium sized businesses), and Im sure a few on here would have seen Theo Phapitas doing his documentary on the bbc.

[/quote]

I will add to that, I know two people that have finished plumbing courses and havent found anybody to take them on as an apprentice. One of them even has a plumber as a dad and he cant afford to employ him himself....... says it all.

I know he used to live in Coltishall before he moved to Wolves because he lived next door to my mate, and i also bumped into him while he was walking his dog :)

Thats very promising then. Fingers crossed that the original post is genuine.

I suspect personally that Shackell would be waiting until the summer to see what happens with Wolves season, and to see if there is any other interested parties. I cant see us giving him what hes on at Wolves and I cant imagine that he loves the club enough to take a pay cut unless its a clear case of football or no football.

But then, I can remember saying that about Huckerby, and he signed on half money...... so fingers crossed.

[quote user="canarycat"]

Actually there is a shortage of plumers and carpenters at the moment.

[/quote]The jobcentre website shows a whopping 73 vacancies for Carpenters in the entire country during the last week. That''s about 1 double decker bus full of Polish ''chippys'' and half of those are formwork jobs ie. really just a labourer with a hammer and a skilsaw.I also note that hourly rates offered have slipped back in many cases to rates that a decent Carpenter could get in the late ''90''s.What you might mean is that ''General Builders who do carpentry'' and ''Carpenters'' of the type who do private work and house bashing are still doing okay but the good ones who can do anything from cut a roof to working with hardwood joinery and work for non-building joinery and shopfitting contractors or subcontract through agencies have been experienvcing tough times for well over a year now.Three years ago DSG stopped their bi-annual rollouts whereby all the Currys and Dixons were refurbed one year the PC World and Links the next ad infinitum. Woolies obviously stopped a while back. Boots, Burton Group, and many other large names stopped planned refurbs two years ago, Debenhams, M&S and John Leis''s have cut back drastically and horror of horrors have been using second hand system for the last few years. The car show is just one of many large exhibitions to be cancelled and everywhere I go I see large projects on hold or reduced staffing.Unfortunately the last few years has created an environment whereby the better Joiners have suffered whilst the chancers have prospered. Never exemplified better than the issuance of 50,000 temporary NI numbers to a Borough in London in order that cheap Non EU labour can be imporrted to build the Olympic village and stadium.Whilst Tradesmen with thirty years top class experience starve, Public money is being given hand over fist to cheap imported labour to keep the gangmaster companies in the style to which they have become very much accustomed.The company I work for receives a minimum of 10 to 20 calls a day and sometimes double that from Tradesmen of all types but predominantly top class shop fitting Joiners touting for work. We are not an employment agency and do not even employ tradesmen directly, and we''ve had two jobs worth a total £52m pulled halfway through on financial  grounds in the last six weeks with a combined loss of approx 160 tradesmen, labourers and Professional staff. Sorry but if you''re a tradesman who doesn''t do maintenance, private work or LA/HA housebashing then you are probably in the worst employment sector in the Country at the moment.

Meant to say:Oh and the Banks stopped planned refurbs on the whole three years back (looks like they knew what was coming).Look about you when you''re in a Shop or Bank bet it''s starting to look decidedly grubby upon closer inspection and that goes for all the big names.

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]i brought a  house in norwich, nobody cares![/quote]No you didnt, you bought one [;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Oh and the Banks stopped planned refurbs on the whole three years back (looks like they knew what was coming).[/quote]I quess the massive refurb of Barclays here in Brighton - which is huge and is very expensively re-done out - was that just an accident?They only did a refurb 3 years ago, too...

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="Buckethead"]Oh and the Banks stopped planned refurbs on the whole three years back (looks like they knew what was coming).[/quote]I quess the massive refurb of Barclays here in Brighton - which is huge and is very expensively re-done out - was that just an accident?They only did a refurb 3 years ago, too...[/quote]If you re-read my post it states thus:"Oh and the Banks stopped planned refurbs on the whole three years back (looks like they knew what was coming)".I draw your attention to the highlighted words.None of the big players have stopped altogether that would be silly.

Just to clarify this post and put it to bed once and for all, he did previously own the property before he moved away and I believe it was rented out during his brief spell away (brought it from my mate''s dad who had built it). - anyway welcome back Shack been in superb form since the return!!!