Sign in to follow this  
ca

Fed up with the modern game and over paid footballers??

Well I''ve found the perfect solution for you all [:D] go and watch non-league football.

Was lucky enough to be invited as a guest to Kings Lynn FC yesterday and saw passion, grit and determination to win, sadly something that has been lacking at Carrow Road this season. Players there play because they love the game and their club and not for the money and that showed in bucket loads in the 90 mins.

Lovely club, cosy facilities and friendly people running it, best Saturday I''ve had for ages and would recommend it to you all.

As for Kris Renton perhaps the least said the better - he looked so overweight  that I didn''t recognise him, think it was only his 3rd game in a row after injury but even so he was terrible.

They won 1-0 great goal by Julian Joachim( ex Villa)

Glad you had a good time CA, having relocated from Norfolk to Bishops Stortford going to see King''s Lynn (a team I do follow despite the geographical barrier) has obviously been difficult, especially as, needless to say, City come first when I see sport in Norfolk - however when the fixtures work out and City are away I go to see my local team Stortford, who are Lynn''s equal (but in the Conference South). A great day out as you say, the fans are just as, if not more passionate than the "big teams" and it really is a well run club. I remember a few years ago when Lynn faced Stortford in the FA Cup first round proper (if memory serves correct), and after years of following Stortford, I went back to my roots and stood with the Lynn fans! That did not go down too well it must be said...

I Love going to the see the Linnets and try to take in a few games every season. Good crowds all the time and a good loyal following for away games. They actually get bigger crowds than a couple of League clubs. Not bad for a small Market Town in Norfolk. Shame they''ve had to lose a couple of decent players recently but i think they''ll be OK.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Was it a good crowd? I wondered if KL managed to attract many City fans to the match?[/quote]

There was about 1000 there yesterday which is about their average, opposing team brought about 50 and made plenty of noise [:)]

finding myself a little lost for something to do yesterday, and just around the corner from me Swindon Supermarine were playing   --  duh !

A mate and i went to go watch Lewes the other day. I know it''s not exactly the same level as Kings Lynn, but bottom of the Conference and they still charged us a tenner per ticket. For the standard of football we watched, that''s a disgraceful price which has totally discouraged me from trying out non-league football again. Seems not all the problems in our beloved game are kept in the top divisions...