Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

Worthy's N. Ireland punching above their weight

i really dont see why Worthy gets so much stick, yes he over stayed but on the whole did a good job, better than any of the clowns since thats for sure.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Just like his Norwich team did for a few years. Well done NW
[/quote]

yeah totally agree, well done Nigel, and Sammy as well, a great win. Worthy certainly doesn''t deserve any stick in my book. Got us up as champions then wasn''t given enough cash to keep us there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Worthington''s Emerald Green Army[Y][<:o)]

Quality 3rd goal too [:S]

[/quote]

What a surprise to find you on this thread Nutty!

[quote user="ricky knight"] i really dont see why Worthy gets so much stick, yes he over stayed but on the whole did a good job, better than any of the clowns since thats for sure.[/quote]

I don''t think he gets much stick to be honest I think since the incompetent replacements for him, everyone quite likes him. I hope he can get ni to the next wc cos he just missed out on the euros with them. I don''t think I''d say we punched above our weight either. That is wat our club can do with a half decent manager, a bit of luck and some ambition. Shame that was a 1 off from the last 15 years tho. Not forgotten the playoff season either, quality stuff!

Surely the real test is his failure to sustain the good work of Lawrie Sanchez.  Northern Ireland have gone backwards since Worthy took over and one lucky win after abizarre goalkeeping error does not undo his relative failure over the last couple of years.

Indeed, whatever qualities Worthy has as a manager make him ill suited to be an international one.

You have to admit he is doing a very good job, just like he did during his time here.He is, without doubt, the most successful Norwich manager since the early 90s.