Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Can anybody remember the Arsenal v Norwich brawl 4-3 in 1989?

Those were the days.... Although Sherwood was an arrogant sod, he was exactly the sort of player we needed (and need now). Sherwood was totally fired up which said a lot about the team at the time.

Around this period, you always felt Norwich had a chance of beating anyone away, from a side that was traditionally very poor away from home.

Would our current squad have the passion our team had at that time? Hmmm......

watched the footage on my 89/90 vhs not so long back ... it appears the reason the fines were heavy because it was live on tv ..or can someone correct me on that??

i certainly remember tension between malcolm allen and o''lairy, and the venomous look on allens face as allen appeared to elbox olairy in a header situation outside the box and allen falling into the penalty area,with help from o''leary then o''leary dragging allen out of the box, one hand on his hair and one on his shorts as he claimed it was out of the box...allen looked like he was going to rip his head off...i wish he did!

Just watched the 89/90 vid. The coverage of the actual brawl was a bit disappointing but the two "penalties". No way!

If I remember correctly one of the penalties was really soft, with the Arsenal forward backing onto the Norwich defender and getting the decision.