Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Attacking the board...

... has to stop!

Many threads on this here seem to be aimed at the board and their "lack of ambition"

Isn''t that the same board that took a huge gamble buying Hucks, Leon and Svensson to get us here?

We have to be realistic.

• We are in the Premiership for the first time in 9 years.
  • Most of the teams we will play this season have more money on the subs bench than we do in our entire squad
  • We are not expected to stay up by anyone and never have been. If we finish in 16th position then we''ve pulled off an amazing achievement
  • Would spending all our money in January really make any difference to the outcome of this season? A squad isn''t built over night and despite what some people seem to think on this board - there is NO striker out there in our price range who can miraculously turn our season around

Look at Charlton and what they had to do. They came up, made the money, went back down, held onto the team and the manager, came back up again and now they''re laughing.

And besides, we are a third of the way into the season and we''re just one point off safety. Hardly the end of the world is it?

And as for the Ipswich fans posting on this message board: why bother? We''re in a different league to you. Literally.

Why do some fans forget the board took no risk signing Hucks,Leon and Svensson.Remember Doomcaster saying if you want them you''ll have to raise the money yourselves,and we did.They were bought from money raised by the share issue.

Beds: Fresh air, breath thereof.  Thanks! 

I just don''t get this dodgy mood-swing mentality that seems to be prevailing this season, with one minute people saying we''ll easily stay up, then now everyone''s saying we''re all doomed and let''s assemble the firing squads. 

I too have a difficulty with the way that we''ve been playing so rubbish at times recently, but mostly since the season''s start we''ve contended really well, and could have won many of the games we''ve drawn, and anyway who knows what January holds in store in terms of a quality striker and defender... it can be done.  (Though given our club''s financial size we''ll always have to have considered ourselves lucky if we stay up, rather than expectant of doing so.)

Livin'' on a prayer for a year, so let''s keep the faith

Totally agree A47 - it''s not as if we''ve been playing badly all the time. Maybe if we had been, we''d be seeing these draws as a good thing, so perhaps we should be grateful that we''re able to match teams. The important thing is not to panic, relax and let it happen. The same could be said to the team...

BedsCanary - thank you for the voice of reason - one of just a few on here at the moment in my opinion.  A sense of perspective is needed I feel.

What bizarre premiership results there have been this weekend

Liverpool losing to B''ham, Arsenal draw at Palace, Fulham thrash Newcastle, Man Utd draw 0-0 with City.

It only goes to show that the Premiership is wide open, most teams are playing each other with equal standing.

So I think that we should not start worrying at this stage of season.

We get draw at Man City and then draw with Blackburn, Man City draw with United, does this mean that we would have drawn with Man Utd, who knows.

But it is still great all the positive words that come from MOTD etc. we will get a win soon but the wy other Premiership teams are playing seom very strange results are happening.

My overall point being that although on paper we should have beaten Blackburn, no-one can predict results like we are getting amongst all teams in Premiership.

Keep the faith