Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

possible signings for next season.

hi, i was covering a game this weekend between brentford and gillingham and a couple of players stuck out, worth a look at. Sam Williams a 6 ''1'' striker from Villa - nice touch and not afraid to put himself about a bit. Andy Barcham - small left winger from Spurs - explosive pace and a real threat in the box. Most of alll however i was really impressed with marcus bean - 6 foot plus central midfielder for the bees. scored nine this season and puts it about. very much a dickson etuhu type player... and judging on this game alone, very similar in standard. make of that what you will!

[quote user="The Chirp"]hi, i was covering a game this weekend between brentford and gillingham and a couple of players stuck out, worth a look at. Sam Williams a 6 ''1'' striker from Villa - nice touch and not afraid to put himself about a bit. Andy Barcham - small left winger from Spurs - explosive pace and a real threat in the box. Most of alll however i was really impressed with marcus bean - 6 foot plus central midfielder for the bees. scored nine this season and puts it about. very much a dickson etuhu type player... and judging on this game alone, very similar in standard. make of that what you will! [/quote]ive seen barcham play before, and i wasnt as impressed with him a you obviously were.only ever seen williams on telly and he looks like a good player who as you say puts himself a bit. not slow either.and marcus bean has been around for a few seasons now? seems familiar.

1 player i want to mention is Asa Hall at Luton, 22 years old former england young gun....played well for the hatters this yearhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asa_Halltheres also owais fon williams, who was at crewe and is not at stockport?theres a young 17 year old at grimsby (centre back)michael morrison at swindon?and simon cox of swindon.

if i had a million pounds to spend on one striker, simon cox would be that man and he''d be worth every penny. i sadly can''t see norwich signing him though. barcham''s problem is that he might be a little light weight. however, if he was available on a free or very cheap he''d be worth a place in the squad. bean really does look like the sort of player we could do with as we''ve missed that player who comes into the box late (no crudities here please chaps.. you know what i mean!) i would say 250k would get him... again... can we afford that? the young centre back at grimsby is bennett i believe. he''s ex ippers but has done well this season.

you got there before me missing in action. :-) gills right back fuller looks decent enough too... but moving up to leagues could be a step too far for him.

[quote user="The Chirp"]if i had a million pounds to spend on one striker, simon cox would be that man and he''d be worth every penny. i sadly can''t see norwich signing him though. barcham''s problem is that he might be a little light weight. however, if he was available on a free or very cheap he''d be worth a place in the squad. bean really does look like the sort of player we could do with as we''ve missed that player who comes into the box late (no crudities here please chaps.. you know what i mean!) i would say 250k would get him... again... can we afford that? the young centre back at grimsby is bennett i believe. he''s ex ippers but has done well this season. [/quote]alas, there are many a gem in the lower league worth a go, but they do all require money. you are right about barcham, if he was free, he would be worth a 1 year deal to see how he develops. and yes it is bennett.still trying to find michael morrison, might be at cambridge utd? cant remember where he went.Still. theres plenty out there for gunn to look at.

danny n''guessan is having a brilliant season for lincoln - lots of pace and a great finisher and only 21, easily think this guy could make the grade at chmponship level - quite a few championship clubs are having him watched including sheff wed. peter jackson expects him to leave in th summer.

as for bennet at grimsby looks classy at this level but im not sure he will be able to make the step up.

other players too good for league two and worth a gamble imo are; keith keane luton & simeon jackson gillingham,

What about The likes of Gary Mcsheffrey, Marcus Bent and maybe even Martin Taylor, surely if Birmingham Go up they will not need these players? Mcsheffrey is already on loan to Forrest so he is already not neded. Bent and Mcsheffrey can''t be worth more than 1miliion combined?

[quote user="NCFC"]What about The likes of Gary Mcsheffrey, Marcus Bent and maybe even Martin Taylor, surely if Birmingham Go up they will not need these players? Mcsheffrey is already on loan to Forrest so he is already not neded. Bent and Mcsheffrey can''t be worth more than 1miliion combined?[/quote]

All expensive players on a high wage. Surely we can all see that we need to be picking up talent from below and moulding these into a good, hard working team?

[quote user="NCFC"]What about The likes of Gary Mcsheffrey, Marcus Bent and maybe even Martin Taylor, surely if Birmingham Go up they will not need these players? Mcsheffrey is already on loan to Forrest so he is already not neded. Bent and Mcsheffrey can''t be worth more than 1miliion combined?[/quote]mcsheffrey is on loan to gain match fitness due to a long injuryonce he is fit they will send bouazza back...he is needed just not fit enough yet.as for bent.....no. he is a lazy player who is already turning into a bit of a journey man...

we need to be picking up more cody''s rather than players like bent who''re on high wages and have never reallly ''done it''. there are players in league 2 and one especially who would make the step up and would cost a lot less. i would love simon cox to sign, but if we don''t go for him i think we could do a hell of a lot worse than going for david mooney. just need to hope reading get promoted and don''t need him... obviously i will be hoping they don''t pick up any points when they play us in a few games time! as for gow, i think we would be in the top 10/12 if he''d been here from the start of the season. he is a must.

[quote]
alas, there are many a gem in the lower league worth a go, but they do all require money.
you are right about barcham, if he was free, he would be worth a 1 year deal to see how he develops. and yes it is bennett.
still trying to find michael morrison, might be at cambridge utd? cant remember where he went.
Still. theres plenty out there for gunn to look at.
[/quote]

Michael Morrison went to Leicester.

[quote user="H3LL Canary"]

[quote]alas, there are many a gem in the lower league worth a go, but they do all require money. you are right about barcham, if he was free, he would be worth a 1 year deal to see how he develops. and yes it is bennett.still trying to find michael morrison, might be at cambridge utd? cant remember where he went.Still. theres plenty out there for gunn to look at. [/quote]

Michael Morrison went to Leicester.

[/quote]see...i knew he was a good player!

Would be good to see Billy Mehmet here (plays for St Mirren). Not sure what he''d  cost though - he would be a good goalscorer for us though

[quote user="Cobain18"]Would be good to see Billy Mehmet here (plays for St Mirren). Not sure what he''d  cost though - he would be a good goalscorer for us though[/quote]or sandaza from dundee utd

Accorsing to the BBC SImon Cox is being chased by Leicester for £2m.

Probably a bit out of our Cody-style price range...