Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

surely they should sort gunns contract soon???

I know that it will depend on where we finish, but in my opinion he should stay whatever league we are in.

And if he knows he is definatly here for pre season he can surely start contacting players about joining us(ie  Hucks)

thought??

Completely disagree.First of, i would like to ask you to take those yellow and green tinted glasses off.Now, if Gunn isn''t good enough to manage, then he just isn''t, and signing him up on a contract would just waste a whole lot of our money again on another ridiculous pay off if he wasn''t (which is very possible, especially for a man lacking so much experience in management, with what so far is a very average set of results overall).Also the biggest worry would be complacency. Sure enough Gunn loves the club, but if he knows he is going to have a further 2 or 3 years of payments, whatever he does, go down or not, he''ll feel complacent. You don''t want that, and it''s been a major problem for us before. If i remember correctly, Roeder''s form took a turn for the worse at about the time he signed a 3 year contract. And when Peter Grant "saved us from relegation" (yeah, like that would of happened under worthy[^o)]) we gave him a new 2 (???) year contract, and from then on i think you know what happened next (although i''m sure you, like all of us would rather forget it).Sorry, but in my opinion this is an absolutely ridiculous idea.

really a bad idea ...?. for someone with no experience his last few results are fairly good , just think what he would be like once he has a bit of experience under his belt .

ridiculous idea , im sorry i totally disagree with you , i would say 22 years doing different roles at the club he would have a fair amount of ideas

someone who knows this club , worships the club , i cant think of any one better than gunny .

please dont take this the wrong way , if you cant notice how much better our team is now than before , after just a short space of time then i really dont know what to say .

Just give him time.Take my word for it, although things look good at the moment, it wouldn''t take much to see things turn very ugly, very quickly.He''s working well enough at the moment. Giving him a contract could disrupt it all, and surely we don''t want to do that. Relieving him of the pressure would most probably lead to complacency, and personally i doubt that he wouldn''t get complacent with a 2 or 3 year contract under his belt.Just leave him be, and lets look over at what he''s done, and what he could do at the end of the season.It''ll do us no favours offering him a contract now.

[quote user="John"]Just give him time.

Take my word for it, although things look good at the moment, it wouldn''t take much to see things turn very ugly, very quickly.

He''s working well enough at the moment. Giving him a contract could disrupt it all, and surely we don''t want to do that. Relieving him of the pressure would most probably lead to complacency, and personally i doubt that he wouldn''t get complacent with a 2 or 3 year contract under his belt.

Just leave him be, and lets look over at what he''s done, and what he could do at the end of the season.

It''ll do us no favours offering him a contract now.
[/quote]

You''re forgetting like a lot of people on here John, Gunny has Crook and Buters behind him.

Anyway, its all sorted![Y]

What if we are unfortunately relegated? Still give Gunn and the rest of the ''Dream Team'' a contract?.....There will have to be serious trimming and cutbacks in coaching and management, including the off the pitch club operating staff (media team etc) and the playing squad - and maybe (but highly unlikely) a pay-cut for the likes of the CEO and Co.....

If hopefully, we survive and maintain our Championship position, can we really afford a bench full of ancillary staff - that on match-days - outnumber our substitutes? We have a plethora of people performing and doing various tasks on a decent wage....Are they actually the required and mandatory employee''s that are utilised by a club that''s losing over £10,000 a day?....Health and safety issues and requirements apart, maybe this is why one of the reasons the ''Turner Two'' thought that they were peeing into the wind when tasked to trim and tighten - but were met by disagreement from the major shareholding duo?.....I also bet the CEO didn''t shed any tears when the ''Turner Two'' threw in the towel... 

In the close-season, there is so much to be addressed at NCFC, and it needs to start with those at the helm....Personally, I see no immediate change. I give a vote of ''no-confidence'' to those at the rudderless helm.....and I''d make ND the first to walk the plank...Followed, by the ''Jolly Roger''.....  

Our board couldn''t sort out a linen basket of heavily soiled washing.....

[quote user="CaptainDejan"]How''d you know Wiz?[/quote]I think its quite obvious that Gunn Crook etc are likely to stay on - im assuming it''s just a guess on his behalf.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CaptainDejan"]How''d you know Wiz?
[/quote]
I think its quite obvious that Gunn Crook etc are likely to stay on - im assuming it''s just a guess on his behalf.
[/quote]

Fine, have it your way hogesar, I know different of course.[:|]

But I also include Hucks in my info, which was way before Gunn''s admission of yesterday, don''t tell me, I guessed that too!

Its not a ridiculous idea but it must certainly is not the right time. The only issue worth discussing is avoiding relegation. Once thats done then we can decide who''s gonna be manager next season.I myself see no point in changing anything, i think the team of Gunn, Butters and Crook could be excellent. I dont think it matters who''s the ''manager'', Gunn or Crook, its a team effort.  Ive been very impressed recently with Gunn''s decisions. Alan Lee, Mooney, Gow, McDonald and Shackell have all been excellent recruits.If we''d have continued with Cort, Cureton, Fotheringham and the defence as it was we were down, thats a fact. Gunns changed it with the the guys he''s brought in. Alan Lee will prove to be a fantastic loanee, he''s a fighter and gives us the option of a targetman up front. Gow and Mooney have made an instant impact and weve not seen the last of Cody, i see some wonder goals coming from him in the last few matches. Shackell has been a revelation at the back and has slotted in superbly and improved the defence 100%. 3 clean sheets and 3 wins says it all.For me its Gunn, Crook and Butterworth next season, but we shouldnt be rewarding them just yet, lets tackle the task at hand first. Its just like the Huckerby contract thing last season, Roeder rightly focused on the relegation battle rather than the star players contract.

[quote user="John"]Completely disagree.

First of, i would like to ask you to take those yellow and green tinted glasses off.

Now, if Gunn isn''t good enough to manage, then he just isn''t, and signing him up on a contract would just waste a whole lot of our money again on another ridiculous pay off if he wasn''t (which is very possible, especially for a man lacking so much experience in management, with what so far is a very average set of results overall).

Also the biggest worry would be complacency. Sure enough Gunn loves the club, but if he knows he is going to have a further 2 or 3 years of payments, whatever he does, go down or not, he''ll feel complacent. You don''t want that, and it''s been a major problem for us before. If i remember correctly, Roeder''s form took a turn for the worse at about the time he signed a 3 year contract. And when Peter Grant "saved us from relegation" (yeah, like that would of happened under worthy[^o)]) we gave him a new 2 (???) year contract, and from then on i think you know what happened next (although i''m sure you, like all of us would rather forget it).

Sorry, but in my opinion this is an absolutely ridiculous idea.
[/quote]the problem i have with that is that Glenn Roeder had lots of managerial experience and was one of the worst managers to ever manage us or infact whoever he has managed has been terrible, it''s not all about experience, it''s how you treat people, Gunn can get the players playing for Norwich City which is what we all want, his signings have been decent and i''d like to see what he could do if he could have the job full time.

What a load of tosh, if Gunny keeps us up and its looking likely I agree he should stay, perhaps even if we go down but I don''t think Gunny will be poached by another club do you.  Plenty of time for minds to be made up.i

Unfortunately, Gunny is the ''ideal'' for our board of Directionless.....When they shout ''JUMP!'' he''ll leap onto his trampette... and say, ''How High!?''

I don''t mean the above in the vindictive sense......but, that''s the way I feel it is since ''them'' appointing him.....

im fairly sure if gunny was going to be complacent, he would have been during the 22 years at the club .

he has been nothing but a total comitted to our club over such a very long time .

it makes a change to have someone like him at the helm , knowing what ever he does is for the benifit of norwich city football club , rather than someone who wants to pick up a fat pay cheque .

i think gunny is a great guy , well respected throughout the game and with the fans and the people of norwich .

it really gets up my nose when people are writting him off , before he even had a chance to bring anyone at all in, im fairly confident if someone had asked alex ferguson if they think he would cut it , im sure sir alex would have given him the thumbs up ,

if hes that respected in the game , he certainly gets my vote.

some people forget that this man was in the team that has achieved more than our recent players .

i really hope this man goes to the very top with norwich im convinced and always have done , i think we now have our long term manager .

just put pen to paper gunny !!!

i know your right wiz , when i posted something not all that long ago about hucks , you didnt think he would be back ,

im fairly confident he will be back in the summer , 3 months of his contract is not going to be that much surely .

i reckon your right , it does all make sense when gunn quoted in the local media , about previous managers errors .

and we all know hucks didnt want to go anyway .....

noone changes thier mind that quick, without reason .... 

Gunn and his boys have done enough for me to prove that they deserve to stay on regardless of which league we''re in next season. Our recent form has been good and he''s brought in some good players and we have a side thats actually putting up a fight now.

If we go down it''ll be the fault of the board and Roeder''s apalling man management skills, not Gunn''s, the damage was very much done in the opening half of the campaign IMO.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Gunn and his boys have done enough for me to prove that they deserve to stay on regardless of which league we''re in next season. Our recent form has been good and he''s brought in some good players and we have a side thats actually putting up a fight now.

If we go down it''ll be the fault of the board and Roeder''s apalling man management skills, not Gunn''s, the damage was very much done in the opening half of the campaign IMO.

[/quote]

Well said Lambo, hard to disagree with you, although relegation would dent his chances a bit with some supporters.

Nothing will be sorted out for definite until our Safety is ensured. And quite rightly.

[quote user="AJ"]Nothing will be sorted out for definite until our Safety is ensured. And quite rightly.
[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that AJ?

Its sorted..............already!

sorry john , i realise everyone has thier own opinion , yet if you had been a trade for 22 years would you have a good idea of the job your doing ?

he was chief scout , and has allready brought better players in than roeder , gow for one .

25 grand for a young striker to be on the pitch five minutes and score .mcdonald .

mooney scored twice in two games .

brought back shacks and in the last five games we have won four of them .

all you had to do was look at roeders cv and ask fans of where he was previous , to get a good idea he was a total idiot .

we are going to have to beg to differ im afraid , i think gunny taking over is the best move norwich could have made ,

the difference between our old managers and gunny is , gunny is part of this club and has been for a very long time , hes not in it for big money , he genuinely wants to do well for norwich .

the players respect him , and that goes a long long way , when you have players who are happy at a club , considering gunn came in half way through a season and has brought in one player costing 25k , i think we have a major quality manager to be in the club

i hardly think i wear yellow and green tinted glasses , yet i could see from day one roeder was no good , and i was proven right after taking so much flack about it .

this man will do really well with norwich , and when, not if we stay up , its hardly a bad thing to give a man a three year contract  when hes been here 22 years anyway.

im sure if things dont go well , gunny is man enough and decent enough to hold up the white flag , yet the charactor he is and what hes been through will make him a great manager ., and i really cant wait to prove people wrong , he wont be a failure , he never has been even as a player .