Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Danger Saturday

Anybody else apart from me getting seriously squeaky buttocks about Saturday?

Everyone seems to have had Sheff Wed (h) pencilled in as a definite three points even back before we''d returned to the land of the living, and there''s still a very decent team on a good run to be beaten.

I''m praying that Team Gunn keeps the players heads on straight and doesn''t allow complacency to enter the equation, but with all the recent plaudits that might be difficult, especially as they''ve had a fortnight to relax.

If the worst does happen and we lose, the momentum could disappear and the "told you so" brigade will recommense the witch hunt with glee. A good, committed performance is vital. It''s going to be anything but easy. [:S]

It is very easy to let the good ship Gunn sweep you along on the sea of optimism, forgetting about the vast majority of performances this season.

I am hopeful that with the new confidence in the squad and the triumvirate''s professionalism we will put in a good performance but think it is going to be a tough game.  As long as we get a result I will be happy but three points and a good performance will tip the scales in favour of us staying up I feel.

It will be a very hard game particularly as Wednesday are bringing 1400 fans so their players will surely be well up for the game?

If we play like we did in the previous 3 games then we''ll stand a good chance of winning!

A win is a must and I don''t care how we play as long as we get the vital 3 points!

We have lost to them on the last 6 occasions.

Being a firm believer in the law of averages, I think its high time for a City victory.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Being a firm believer in the law of averages, I think its high time for a City victory.

[/quote]

That kind of stat fills me with more confidence than any statement in Archant via Colney. We''re due one - let''s have some!!!

carnt remember the last time we have beaten them at least 10 plus games talk about a bogey team if ever there was one ,so must be due a win glass half full !

Ricardo took the words from my mouth,they have won the last three at Carra Rud,not this year.A squeaky 2-1 for me.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]It''s even worse than that - 7.  Three years ago at CR we had the game they stole late on against the run of play. Two years ago there was the Bougherra strike which hit the bar and went in off Lee Camp''s back. Last year we had the dire Sky game. Surely we must be due a change of fortune against them.

[quote user="PBTC"][Two years ago there was the Bougherra strike which hit the bar and went in off Lee Camp''s back.[/quote]Not forgetting the penalty we were given in the last minute, only for it to be overturned...

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Anybody else apart from me getting seriously squeaky buttocks about Saturday?

Everyone seems to have had Sheff Wed (h) pencilled in as a definite three points even back before we''d returned to the land of the living, and there''s still a very decent team on a good run to be beaten.

I''m praying that Team Gunn keeps the players heads on straight and doesn''t allow complacency to enter the equation, but with all the recent plaudits that might be difficult, especially as they''ve had a fortnight to relax.

If the worst does happen and we lose, the momentum could disappear and the "told you so" brigade will recommense the witch hunt with glee. A good, committed performance is vital. It''s going to be anything but easy. [:S]

[/quote]for the 1st time in weeks/months....NO...3 points no probs [Y] otbc

atmosphere should be greeeaaaaaat...gutted im not there but will be glued to radio naarfek