Norwich's most famous player??

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

hux?

gunn?

woods?

green?

who???just who???????

[/quote]

Assuming this is a serious post then none of those mate.

Martin Peters by a mile!  

Martin Peters.  More recently, Huckerby and probably Gunn.

Add Jeremy Goss to that list too.  Lots of neutrals remember his exploits from 1993.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

hux?

gunn?

woods?

green?

who???just who???????

[/quote]

Assuming this is a serious post then none of those mate.

Martin Peters by a mile!  

[/quote]

Yep, spot on. The others don''t hold a candle.

Martin Peters, surely?Wouldn''t of thought it would even be worth being debated if I''m honest.

I can only spot one  problem with this - half of the players mentioned were famous before coming to Norwich and sort of brought their fame along with them.If you were to say which players are famously remembered for playing for Norwich then you would get a different list of players.Of the modern era Sutton or even Steve Bruce. I say that because they seem to be few of the ex-Norwich players that are still mentioned in the same centance as the club. As good as Peters was for us we seem to get glossed over compared to the rest of his career.

There are loads of famous Norwich players, I dont think Martin Peters would be the most famous now though, nearly half of the people around when we we won the world cup would be dead now (sad but true).

I can think of some out of the box ones:-

John Fashanu - Famous for presenting Gladiators

Justin Fashanu - Famous for being a gay footballer who killed himself, and for one amazing goal.

Mick Channon - Famous for being a footballer turned legend in the horse racing world

In modern times, anybody under 18 would state these as the most famous ex Norwich players:-

Dean Ashton, Robert Green, Craig Bellamy and Darren Huckerby (although famous for flopping in the premiership it seems).

Anybody between 20 and 30 might state Chris Sutton and Dion Dublin.

Jeremy Goss solely for a few amazing goals, not that he did anything else. Liverpool fans would certainly know who Goss is.

Efan Ekuko found fame for his 4 goals in one match.

Gary Doherty is famously shit.

Then of course you have Gary Megson, Martin O''Neill and Steve Bruce who are now more famous for being managers rather than footballers, although Martin O''Neill was clearly an amazing player.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

There are loads of famous Norwich players, I dont think Martin Peters would be the most famous now though, nearly half of the people around when we we won the world cup would be dead now (sad but true).

I can think of some out of the box ones:-

John Fashanu - Famous for presenting Gladiators

Justin Fashanu - Famous for being a gay footballer who killed himself, and for one amazing goal.

Mick Channon - Famous for being a footballer turned legend in the horse racing world

In modern times, anybody under 18 would state these as the most famous ex Norwich players:-

Dean Ashton, Robert Green, Craig Bellamy and Darren Huckerby (although famous for flopping in the premiership it seems).

Anybody between 20 and 30 might state Chris Sutton and Dion Dublin.

Jeremy Goss solely for a few amazing goals, not that he did anything else. Liverpool fans would certainly know who Goss is.

Efan Ekuko found fame for his 4 goals in one match.

Gary Doherty is famously shit.

Then of course you have Gary Megson, Martin O''Neill and Steve Bruce who are now more famous for being managers rather than footballers, although Martin O''Neill was clearly an amazing player.

[/quote]

anybody who doesn''t know of Martin Peters isn''t a true football fan irrespective of whether they were alive back then

Gunny.. how many people outside of Nowich knew Martin Peters played for us in the 70''s?

How many people have heard of Bryan gunn and what he''s done for charity...

Mention Norwich to anyone and Gunnys the first person they will speak of.

jas )

I just asked a mate (Stoke fan) and he suggested Jeremy Goss. He didn''t know Martin Peters played for Norwich - most people outside of Norwich don''t.Another (Man U fan - well I am in Hampshire [^o)]) suggested Jimmy Hill. He''d heard that Jimmy had played for Norwich and was one of our top ever scorers. He''s right but it''s a different Jimmy Hill - not the famous big-chinned pundit so I''m not sure he would count.Ask some other football fans outside of Norwich and who aren''t Norwich fans. It''ll be interesting to see who outsiders think are the most famous Norwich players.

Do you mean famous for playing for us, or famous, and coincidentally played for us, because that''s clearly 2 different things.In terms of our current squad, i''d say either David Marshall or Jamie Cureton are the ones who get mentioned to me when Norwich City pops up in conversation. It was clearly Hucks before he left. We don''t really have any ''outstanding'' players that have gained such a reputation as Hucks, Ashton or even Earnshaw. Maybe it''s better that way. Give it 2 years, and the whole world will know of Cody McDonald tho!