Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

As you all enjoyed her last piece

[quote user="king canary"]Mello I get the feeling you have a huge selection of ''funny'' pictures sitting around on your computer you are just itching to use. ''Oh pencil sounds a bit like penicillin I know I''ve got a good one here somewhere...''
[/quote]

No I haven''t!............

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="king canary"]Mello I get the feeling you have a huge selection of ''funny'' pictures sitting around on your computer you are just itching to use. ''Oh pencil sounds a bit like penicillin I know I''ve got a good one here somewhere...''[/quote]

No I haven''t!............

[/quote]Haha very good!

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."]You''ve got to look at it from Wiz''s point of view.  He lived through 6 years of WWII,  but didn''t find out about the Jewish bit until the end.  Up until then Nazis were a inconvenience. At one point he had to leg it from his outside bog during an air raid without wiping his arse.
[/quote]

I''m extremly grateful that I was born 2 years after the war, thankfully, I missed the stress and worry that wartime Brits had to endure.

The horrors of the death camps were also unknown to me until later life, only then did I find out the true horror of the final solution.

But all that is a side issue to this thread............the article still sucks![:|]

PS. Are you too scared to name Guy Gibbo''s Dog?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."]You''ve got to look at it from Wiz''s point of view.  He lived through 6 years of WWII,  but didn''t find out about the Jewish bit until the end.  Up until then Nazis were a inconvenience. At one point he had to leg it from his outside bog during an air raid without wiping his arse.[/quote]

I''m extremly grateful that I was born 2 years after the war, thankfully, I missed the stress and worry that wartime Brits had to endure.

The horrors of the death camps were also unknown to me until later life, only then did I find out the true horror of the final solution.

But all that is a side issue to this thread............the article still sucks![:|]

[/quote]No

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."]You''ve got to look at it from Wiz''s point of view.  He lived through 6 years of WWII,  but didn''t find out about the Jewish bit until the end.  Up until then Nazis were a inconvenience. At one point he had to leg it from his outside bog during an air raid without wiping his arse.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No
[/quote]

So....................................[^o)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."]You''ve got to look at it from Wiz''s point of view.  He lived through 6 years of WWII,  but didn''t find out about the Jewish bit until the end.  Up until then Nazis were a inconvenience. At one point he had to leg it from his outside bog during an air raid without wiping his arse.[/quote]

[/quote]No[/quote]

[/quote]If I tell you, you''ll know then....

Yes, thanks Wiz. I got it the first (and second) time!

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No
[/quote]

[/quote]

If I tell you, you''ll know then....
[/quote]

Oh for Gawds sake!.........I know..............it begins with NI and ends with R!.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]No[/quote]

[/quote]If I tell you, you''ll know then....[/quote]

Oh for Gawds sake!.........I know..............it begins with NI and ends with R!.

[/quote]

R I Phttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/RAF_Scampton_022.jpg/763px-RAF_Scampton_022.jpg

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No
[/quote]

[/quote]

If I tell you, you''ll know then....
[/quote]

[/quote]

R I P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/RAF_Scampton_022.jpg/763px-RAF_Scampton_022.jpg
[/quote]

Well done on skirting around it!

Although in this PC Gestapo driven world you shouldn''t have to resort to it.

Still a pants column by Lisa call me LQ though!

"Lisa call me LQ"?Sorry Wiz, my name is Lisa and my initials are LQ, what''s wrong with that? Good grief, anything to have a go with you isn''t it?

[quote user="LQ"]"Lisa call me LQ"?

Sorry Wiz, my name is Lisa and my initials are LQ, what''s wrong with that? Good grief, anything to have a go with you isn''t it?

[/quote]

Yes.[:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]No doubt you could do far better Wiz - I, for one, would be delighted to read your efforts.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]No[/quote]

[/quote]If I tell you, you''ll know then....[/quote]

[/quote]

R I Phttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/RAF_Scampton_022.jpg/763px-RAF_Scampton_022.jpg[/quote]

Well done on skirting around it!

Although in this PC Gestapo driven world you shouldn''t have to resort to it.

[/quote]Whisper is, the ''Dambusters'' remake ''the dog'' will be named ''Nidge''Apparently if you''re in the PC brigade you can rewrite history

[quote user="LQ"]"Lisa call me LQ"?

Sorry Wiz, my name is Lisa and my initials are LQ, what''s wrong with that? Good grief, anything to have a go with you isn''t it?

[/quote]

Oh for an edit button.

To be fair LQ, I''ve never met you so you might be an okay type of well fit babe init, so I can only form an opinion of you from your ramblings on here and the Offy site.

You and I are so far apart in our thoughts on City that I don''t believe we''ll ever share any common ground, hence my dislikes of your writings.

But from today I''ll temper my anger when reading your thoughts..........have a nice, long and happy life.[W]

[quote user="king canary"]Mello I get the feeling you have a huge selection of ''funny'' pictures sitting around on your computer you are just itching to use. ''Oh pencil sounds a bit like penicillin I know I''ve got a good one here somewhere...''
[/quote]

Mello =

That''s what I don''t understand about ''Guy Gibson''s Dog'' as a username.

I mean, is he black? Is he ''reclaiming'' the word?

Or is he white and trying to make a point that he can''t call himself ''the N-word''? If so, why would he anyway?

Bit lost on that one.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

Mello =

[/quote]

CampanhairyYOOHOO I''m Free! =  

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."]Whisper is, the ''Dambusters'' remake ''the dog'' will be named ''Nidge''Apparently if you''re in the PC brigade you can rewrite history[/quote]We actually had this discussion on a different site I visit a few years back. There''s a song called ''Barnes Wallis'' and the dog is mentioned. What I hadn''t realised being of an age an that..... Was that the younger members on the site could not see why this dog would be mentioned in a song about the Dambusters raid. Turned out that some time in the ''80''s the TV Companies edited out the dog scenes from the film when showed on tv or in the very least had convenient ad breaks. We hadn''t noticed or probably having seen it often enough hadn''t bothered watching it during this period so weren''t aware of this censorship.So your remark comes as no surprise really. The dog whose na,me is the word beginning with N that only rappers can say has been wiped from the film for the better part of twenty years already. Possibly still in showings on Virgin and Sky though apparently.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

It might have been me, but I found that blog completely unreadable. I tried to start it again after I struggled first time, and to read it slowly, but those long meandering sentences and lack of paragraphs really did my head in.

Sorry.

[/quote]dittonot for me thank you

Why is it that Lisa''s blogs get pages and pages of comments, with various users deeming it necessary to critique her style, prose and content, whilst Louis, SE Canary, Teenage Kicks, The Chirp and Yellow Jelly all pass without comment?  I know The Chirp usually posts a link for people to comment on, but they usually pass without incident and with general nodding of heads and stroking of beards.Is it because Lisa is.......... (whisper it)............................a woman????Couldn''t be, could it? [8-)]