Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

As you all enjoyed her last piece

LQ

- another girl, another planet

Well this most recent blog is on another planet compared to her last one. Witty with great pace and very very funny imaginative links. Top Girl :-)

[quote user="Belinda Carlisle"]Big improvement, well done.[/quote]have to say this,but, isnt palm springs the gayest place in the world?must be proportionately higher than san fran.also how odd that you go from deserts to plush green grass everywhere....

It might have been me, but I found that blog completely unreadable. I tried to start it again after I struggled first time, and to read it slowly, but those long meandering sentences and lack of paragraphs really did my head in.

Sorry.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Total load of dogs poo by a chief bottom licker![:|][/quote]Now wiz. I hope you kept a sample to compare the DNA with that pile you found in your back garden.

Thanks for the replies so far. I''m particularly chuffed that you approved Scott [;)]Possibly some of the issues last time were down to my frame of mind. I was feeling melancholy I suppose and I apologise if that read as pomposity to some. So ta for giving me another go.Thanks Fatty - the links were to make the ''blog experience'' as interactive as it can be on here. I appreciate it''s not ideal but I wanted to try to make things a bit different. I blame ''plow'' on an incredibly overbearing American I once knew in Another World - he''d bang on about how ''plow'' in the sense I meant it here was actually right for old English as opposed to ''plough'' and I guess, subconciously, it must have stuck?!

[quote user="LQ"]Whoops!Should have said "Olde..."[:P][/quote]I wouldn''t have been pedantic to mention ''plow'' in the first place, but as it was somebody else...  ''Plow'' is not Old English.  ''Plow'' is an out right Americanism purely based on ''Yanks'' spelling words on how they sound.  And secondly the ''W'' is a relatively modern letter, so therefore ''plough'' is the oldest spelling of the two versions.

I did tell him that, but as I said he was very overbearing and obviously got into my psyche.When are you going to start having a pop?[;)]

[quote user="Belinda Carlisle"]Big improvement, well done.[/quote]I agree with Belinda Carlisle.  And I also agree that Heaven is a place on Earth.I''m also guessing the quadruple cliché sako in paragraph 2 was ironic..."You know how it is, you''ve been down this road

before and it''s 50:50 as to who will come out on top."
Bravo!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Total load of dogs poo by a chief bottom licker![:|][/quote]You should write a blog, Wiz.Oh hang on, you already have...

YE OLDE WIZARD''S BLOGGEPost: 14,384April 14th 1939I don''t know what all the fuss about that Adolf Hitler is about, what''s wrong with a good strong man taking charge of the country?  Rather have him than that lily-livered Chamberlain any day.Yes I am an England patriot but I''m just saying.

Dunkirk? You won''t catch me going over there, what''s the point?  Churchill got this one badly wrong, SACK THE CABINET!  I despise them all with a passion!

Post: 15,129June 18th 1940Come on you Luftwaffe!  I''m not seriously saying this, okay!  But be honest, who is thinking it?  Maybe, just maybe, it''s the end of this god awful cabinet.

June 19th 1940

The one advantage of being taken over by the Nazis..... IT WOULD MEAN AN END TO THAT OAF CHURCHILL! For that reason, and that reason alone, I consider it a blessing!   [Y] [Y] [Y]

Post: 29,493,239May 7th 1945VE Day?  More like VD Day as far as I''m concerned  - and some disgusting war veteran left a turd in my back garden.  [:|] Still, you all got what you wanted, I hope you''re satisfied... just remember this moment when we''re all speaking Russian!

Next month:  1st Wizard blogs on the Swinging Sixties.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"]Total load of dogs poo by a chief bottom licker![:|][/quote]You should write a blog, Wiz.Oh hang on, you already have...

YE OLDE WIZARD''S BLOGGEPost: 14,384April 14th 1939I don''t know what all the fuss about that Adolf Hitler is about, what''s wrong with a good strong man taking charge of the country?  Rather have him than that lily-livered Chamberlain any day.Yes I am an England patriot but I''m just saying.

Dunkirk? You won''t catch me going over there, what''s the point?  Churchill got this one badly wrong, SACK THE CABINET!  I despise them all with a passion!

Post: 15,129June 18th 1940Come on you Luftwaffe!  I''m not seriously saying this, okay!  But be honest, who is thinking it?  Maybe, just maybe, it''s the end of this god awful cabinet.

June 19th 1940

The one advantage of being taken over by the Nazis..... IT WOULD MEAN AN END TO THAT OAF CHURCHILL! For that reason, and that reason alone, I consider it a blessing!   [Y] [Y] [Y]

Post: 29,493,239May 7th 1945VE Day?  More like VD Day as far as I''m concerned  - and some disgusting war veteran left a turd in my back garden.  [:|] Still, you all got what you wanted, I hope you''re satisfied... just remember this moment when we''re all speaking Russian!

Next month:  1st Wizard blogs on the Swinging Sixties.

[/quote]Genius. I give it 10 minutes til its taken down though.

You''ve got to look at it from Wiz''s point of view.  He lived through 6 years of WWII,  but didn''t find out about the Jewish bit until the end.  Up until then Nazis were a inconvenience. At one point he had to leg it from his outside bog during an air raid without wiping his arse.

Is it wrong to be laughing uncontrollably at this point?

[quote user="LQ"]Is it wrong to be laughing uncontrollably at this point?[/quote]It''s that wizard again. He tends to have that effect on us all!

You''ve got to look at it from Wiz''s point of view.  He lived through 6

years of WWII,  but didn''t find out about the Jewish bit until the

end.  Up until then Nazis were a inconvenience. At one point he had to

leg it from his outside bog during an air raid without wiping his arse
just like when he goes dogging at necton?albeit the siren is for floods..

[quote user="LQ"]Is it wrong to be laughing uncontrollably at this point?

[/quote]

No as long as you don''t do anything  in your psyche[:)]

Far better this time less cliche.

Go to the front of the class and give out the pencils.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go to the front of the class and give out the penicillin?[:S]......[:O]....Ooh err!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go to the front of the class and give out the penicillin?[:S]......[:O]....Ooh err!

[/quote]

Sorry, slightly misread it.....New specs>......my sincerest analogy.....er, apology.[8-|]

Mello I get the feeling you have a huge selection of ''funny'' pictures sitting around on your computer you are just itching to use. ''Oh pencil sounds a bit like penicillin I know I''ve got a good one here somewhere...''