Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh Ye Of Little Faith!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

did read this on sky text a few days ago...i would love to see him back[Y] come home hucks

could he still cut it at this level???? YES imo

[/quote]

Yes, no problemo.

And post not aimed at you SC.

beckham still lok good for england at 34 ... so did sheringham at 40 .

if we have him here , as i have said before bring him on at about 70 minutes , he could turn a game on its head ,

wiz ... i had a feeling  few weeks ago mate , soon as the rodent left he would want to come back !!!

i didnt think the post was aimed at me , im fairly confident your right mate

[quote user="singing canary"]

beckham still lok good for england at 34 ... so did sheringham at 40 .

if we have him here , as i have said before bring him on at about 70 minutes , he could turn a game on its head ,

[/quote] Neither Beckham nor Sheringham were explosive players so to compare them to Hucks is a bit pointless. I am not convinced that if he come back he will be able to maintain his standards.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

To all the doubters of a Hucks return:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5111538,00.html

Prepare the red carpet..........its going to happen![Y]

[/quote]Old news first wizard! About a week old news, so what''s the point in bringing this up again?[/quote]

colneycanary, you are a grumpy arse git! [:D]

[/quote]What go''s around, come''s around! lol

I liked this Gunn quote  "He had an unfortunate situation under the previous management and he took the opportunity to go to the States, so I''ll continue to keep in touch with Hucks."  I wonder what the sub-text was ?! Welcome back Hucks, you should never have been allowed to go in the first place. It amazed me at the time how many on here agreed with Roeder letting him go. Unbelievable.

he was a player that took norwich into the premiership , also a player who wanted to wear a norwich shirt .

it also amazed me when people thinking roeder was a good manager , that was roeders first and biggest error letting him go , of which backfired and was blatantly obvious it would .

im not surprised hucks had a sticky spell under roeder , who didnt ?

I have my doubts about whether he''ll still be able to do it at championship level, the Sheringham and Beckham examples mentioned earlier mean nothing as they''re not explosive players relying on pace like Hucks. There were signs last season that he was beginning to slow so in 18months added to that is surely going to make him even slower

i do see your point 100 percent .

yet as players get knackered around 70-80 minutes , i think hes the type of player you could bring on who would breath new life into a game , i would imagine he would be great to have in the dressing room as well .

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Whay has no-one complained about this pasting a link from another site, this story has been in the ''local'' press. Its just a patronising as that Camuldonum bloke.

I think if Roeder had actually replaced him with a new hero as promised it wouldn''t be so bad, but he failed to do that as well! My only reservation would be the unfair expectation that would be placed on him if he were to return, we can''t expect him to be the same player he was and to be honest he may have to adapt his game to survive in the Championship.  Having said all that I would love him back! [:D]

Gunn asked Hucks to comeback as soon as he got the managers job but Hucks turned it down cause he didn''t think he''d make a difference beings he''d been part of the side that''d struggled in the previous 2 seasons. Disagree with Hucks totally on that one cause last season he was part of the revival despite playing out of position and was often not fully fit. The season before that 2006/07 Hucks kept us up in the second half of the season after Earnie was missed half the season!

As for next season I certainly wouldn''t rule it out !

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Recycled from Saturday''s Evening News....[/quote]

Recycled from my post ages ago!

[/quote]

So there you go Pete... ''I''m right again''  [|-)]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Recycled from Saturday''s Evening News....[/quote]

Recycled from my post ages ago!

[/quote]

So there you go Pete... ''I''m right again''  [|-)]

[/quote]

Breaking News "Archant employ Wiz"

Week 1: Blackpool 2 Norwich 0

"Useless rubbish going down" by Wiz

Week 2: Norwich 2 Cardiff 0

"Play-offs still possible for world beaters" by Wiz.

[;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I have my doubts about whether he''ll still be able to do it at championship level, the Sheringham and Beckham examples mentioned earlier mean nothing as they''re not explosive players relying on pace like Hucks. There were signs last season that he was beginning to slow so in 18months added to that is surely going to make him even slower[/quote]

Totally disagree, Hucks was recovering from a hip injury at the time!   [:S]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I have my doubts about whether he''ll still be able to do it at championship level, the Sheringham and Beckham examples mentioned earlier mean nothing as they''re not explosive players relying on pace like Hucks. There were signs last season that he was beginning to slow so in 18months added to that is surely going to make him even slower[/quote]

[/quote]

I find this all rather strange Wiz. Normally when we sign an injury prone 33 year old has been you''re up in arms......

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Whay has no-one complained about this pasting a link from another site, this story has been in the ''local'' press. Its just a patronising as that Camuldonum bloke.[/quote]

But Wiz is ''one of us'', he''s a local..... and he''s not a woman..... therefore he''s allowed to say and post what he likes!

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/14wgjev.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I find this all rather strange Wiz. Normally when we sign an injury prone 33 year old has been you''re up in arms......

[/quote]

1. Some has been mate!

2. Not injury prone, Thorne was in injury prone.

3. Hucks is imortal, therefore, his age doesn''t count.[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1. Some has been mate!

2. Not injury prone, Thorne was in injury prone.

3. Hucks is imortal, therefore, his age doesn''t count.[:D]

[/quote]

Well, as long as you''re applying a rational approach![:D][Y]

hucks made a masive impact in the usa ... more so than becks .

becks played well for england last week ,

hucks return would be a welcome relief , even for a season or two .

he still has it , and im sure he would run himself into the ground to prove a point .

he would put more into his game than many we have had here over the last few seasons .

i think his general input and spirit would bring alot of good to norwich .

i would welcome him home , rather than some of the useless loanees we have had .