Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Ratings Vs Blackburn

Greeno 7 Did nothing wrong IMO

Drury 5 Clearly not match fit.  Why Worthy didn''t give Brennan another game is beyond me

Edworthy 7 Great as always.  Sorry Helveg, but you are going to have to do damn well to get in the side

Charlton 6 Dickov was superb and gave him the run around but Charlton did ok

Flem 7 Solid and consistant

Jonson 7 Fantastic first half.  It was unfortunate that he got booked and then beaten up though.  It was a sensible substitution by Worthy

Francis 8 Magnificent as ever

Holt 6 Still not back to his old self

Hucks 5 One of the poorest games Hucks has had at Norwich.   Very very quiet

Sven 8 Good, very good.  I was delighted

Leon 7 Like a little Jack Russel!  Always harrowing and putting Rovers under pressure.  Good game

McVeigh 5 Did nothing accept look lost

AND

Hendo 3 Now I''m not afraid to criticise Hendo.  I know some people will have a go at me because he''s only young blah blah blah.  Rubbish.  If he wants to play in the Premiership he has to be good enough and I''m sorry but he''s not.  Yes he''s young, yes I''m sure he''s got a bright future ahead of him but if he wants to mix it with the big boys he''s got to take the flack when he plays badly and yesterday he was nothing short of diabolical 

[quote]Greeno 7 Did nothing wrong IMO Drury 5 Clearly not match fit. Why Worthy didn''t give Brennan another game is beyond me Edworthy 7 Great as always. Sorry Helveg, but you are going to have to do dam...[/quote]

In the cold light of day I realise I may have been a bit harsh on Hendo.  Maybe I''ll give him a 4 instead 

cant argue too much with your ratings.

thought 3 was a little high for Henderson though!!

Last time I was as negative about a player as this was Chris Llewellyn. HEAVEN FORBID!!!

thats why Helveg should have come on for Jonsson.

Drury - I watched the 50 minutes on Sky last night and he didn''t stop a single cross.  Every time a player received the ball out wide on the right he was in our penalty area and had to make up loads of ground giving the player plenty of time to ping in the cross.  He looked unfit and clueless to me. 

Edworthy - thrasing his hands about when Dickov scored when it was him that was marking the wrong side of him, idiot!!   Apart from that he played well though.

Holt & Franics play way too deep.  Back four are inside the penalty area and Holt and Francis stand on the edge of it not even marking anyone?!?!?!   Gives the oppo sooooo much space and even when we clear it, they get it straight back again.

Come on Nigel, sort it out, please.

I''m glad I wasn''t the only one who thought Drury had a poor game by his standards.  He was often so far off his man that there was an open invitation to cross, run, pass or do any combination of those three - it was possibly the worst I''ve ever seen him play for us.  I''m not saying he wasn''t trying but perhaps, as has been suggested, he was not fully fit, especially if he hasn''t trained all week.  If he is still struggling in training this coming week perhaps we could give Charlie a go at left back and Shackell in the middle next Saturday?!

Cant disagree with most of the ratings DDiM and, having come from the Barclay lower where Jonson was the days Helveg, am releived that some one else thought that Jonson had a good game. He looked good going forward and was superb defending - look at the difference when Hendo was on the second half. In particular I agree with your comments about Drury - he was clearly not fully fit (didnt venture forward at all) and Brennan should have started.

However I will pick up my usual hobby horse and disagree with a couple, in particular Eddie. For the sending off Bothroyd is a centre forward, on the by line - where was Eddie patrolling when the ball was in his area? No where to be seen while Jonson convered his backside? It was not the first time during that half that Eddie was so far out of position that Jonson was actually sitting deeper that his right back. And then there is the goal. Once again Eddie gets caught out at the back post - his area - for a cross that has come a long way. Against Everton I can forgive anyone being out-jumped by Ferguson (other than it was Jonson doing eddies job again) but to be beaten in the air by Dickov coming of our right flank and to be behind the player when making that challenge is a school boy type error. And his passing gets no better. He is not the only defender making errors - Charlie and Flem squabbling in the first half just about summed it up - but his positioning is costing us points.

Finally I have to diagree about Hux - his performance did not warrnant a 5. He was the worst player on the pitch, including Hendo - he looked disinterested, out of position and lived up to his undeserved diver reputation. If that had been Helveg or Jonson...

OTBC