Sign in to follow this  
scott huckerby

darren huckerby

i just like to say its great reading all your e-mails about my brother..
youve all made him feel wanted at the football club and as a footballer thats all you can ask for..
daz will do what''s best for his family at the end of the day...
  • Like 1

Scott, it''s good to know that you are following things that are happening in Norfolk at the moment.

I can''t put my finger on it, but your brother''s arrival, together with that of Peter Crouch and Kevin Harper, has given us that extra special something in the last two months. Watching the team has been a joy and there has been a real buzz and desire to talk about Norwich City wherever I''ve been.

If Darren leaves in December it will be a huge loss to the team, but, as a pragmatist, I know we''ll just have to knuckle down and get on with it. If he stays, as you will have already worked out for yourself, thousands of us in this region will genuinely feel that Santa must have paid us a rather premature visit, although I hasten to add that his ''gift'' will be celebrated way into the depths of winter and well beyond!

Whatever Darren does the fans of this club will always have a deep affection and admiration for him, and will wish him and his family all the very best wherever life takes them.

People say we are a reserved lot in this part of the world and that we take a lot of getting to know - (lies probably spread by certain football agents)!! Hopefully, by now, your brother knows that this is actually far from the truth.

Here''s hoping for a good win against Millwall on Saturday, and to all concerned at the club...keep up the good work. It''s a really good time to be a fan at the moment. Let''s enjoy it!

hi susie.
all i will say is that you know what football agents are like..
darren will make his own mind up in december..

your right the place is buzzing and thats down to the fan''s too..
everybody keep up the good work..

Highly unlikely i know, but it has been suggested that there could be a differnet story to the agent''s words. He says Norwich aren''t big enough, fans upset. Darren says he wants to stay, everyone happy and even more of a crowd favourite - more pressure on the board to sign him
Feel that there is enough pressure on the board as it is, just a thought though

Hi Scott. (I''m sorry I didn''t say hello properly last time).
Thanks for replying to my e-mail.

I just wondered if you are in Norfolk at the moment. It sounds as though either you are, or you have visited recently, especially from your agreement with me about ''the buzz around the place''.

I must admit I didn''t have too much of an opinion either way about football agents, until Wednesday, that is. I felt particularly cross about the way it was implied that your brother was not a person of integrity, to put it politely. I appreciate that you won''t want to enter into a debate about the ins and outs on here as it is a private matter, but I just wanted you to know that I (and many others I would imagine) now have a very strong opinion about football agents, and I don''t think I need to share it on here either as everyone will know exactly what I mean!

To return to the question of you being in Norfolk...if you haven''t yet been up (or down or across!) to a game, I hope you get the chance to come soon and I hope too that we can come up with another win to make your visit worthwhile. (What do I mean ''I hope''? Of course we can! We just need to keep believing this now).

Good luck with your own footballing exploits, and see you soon at Carrow Road if your time and commitments permit.

Being an exiled canary in Nottingham I don’t fancy our chances of signing him. When on loan at Forest the fuss made about him signing was incredible, it was a similar thing. The added advantage forest had was the extra attachment it had of being his home town club and where a lot of his family still live inc his brother. Then and like now it will all come down to money, and I’m afraid we just don’t have it.