Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Pre match beers

Making the long trek for the game sat and stayin in Norwich til monday, can i have the names and locations of you favorite watering holes and places for some good grub please?

Also who''s up for meeting for a few swift ones before the game?

I''m buyin!

well the first round anyway

Depends what yr bag is watering hole-wise..if you like you like it cheapish and enjoy the budget/alcopop side of things try on the riverside complex,

as there are wetherspoons ''lloyds#1'' and ''Norwegian Blue''  pretty close to the ground...

but if you like a decent pub, with loads of city fans try the ''coach and horses'' on Yarmouth Road about 5/10 mins walk from ground.

Yep , Coach is pretty decent....home brewed stuff there. If you want a place with immense Ales and packed out with knowledgeable fans (not those Soccer AM types that think football is all about running the 100m in 10seconds) then id go to the Kings Arms up on Hall Road. Nice thing about it is that you get to walk up the hill at the back of Carrow Road to get up there (gets you nice and thirsty) and you will get all types from the City flat caps playing cribbage and sipping halves, to the younger generation.  Friendly bunch, often attracts decent away fans too.....As your off to Wednesday (and they like their Ales) you should be able to get a bit of banter with them in there too. Although if you want a pint of cats piss and a taste of Nowich''s rising population of Chavs then anywhere Riverside should do the trick :PEAch to their own eh

The Kings Arms is indeed a superb pre-match pub! Good crowd of people, fine selection of ales, and they have no qualms about you grabbing a fish supper from the chip shop next door (which is also decent) and bringing them in with you if you fancy a bite to eat before the game!

The Coach and Horses is also highly reccomended and brew their own beers alongside a fair menu of pub grub.

If you find yourself in the city centre before heading to the match I often head into the Murderers (although it''s a bit of a trek to the ground) which also does hearty food and good beers. Probably frequented by a few more ''undesireables'' than those above but  I personally alsways find there to be a good atmosphere in a real old-fashioned city centre pub.

I''ve never seen trouble in any of the above pubs, and you won''t be drinking out of a plastic beaker!

[quote user="6088m canary"]Yep , Coach is pretty decent....home brewed stuff there. If you want a place with immense Ales and packed out with knowledgeable fans (not those Soccer AM types that think football is all about running the 100m in 10seconds) then id go to the Kings Arms up on Hall Road. Nice thing about it is that you get to walk up the hill at the back of Carrow Road to get up there (gets you nice and thirsty) and you will get all types from the City flat caps playing cribbage and sipping halves, to the younger generation.  Friendly bunch, often attracts decent away fans too.....As your off to Wednesday (and they like their Ales) you should be able to get a bit of banter with them in there too.

Although if you want a pint of cats piss and a taste of Nowich''s rising population of Chavs then anywhere Riverside should do the trick :P

EAch to their own eh
[/quote]

SPOT ON!!

My pre match favourite is the Red Lion by the river.  Plenty of City fans, good selection of decent ales and the Thai green curry is superb! Plus a few old west country types to boot.

[quote user="nu_matik"]

Depends what yr bag is watering hole-wise..if you like you like it cheapish and enjoy the budget/alcopop side of things try on the riverside complex,

as there are wetherspoons ''lloyds#1'' and ''Norwegian Blue''  pretty close to the ground...

but if you like a decent pub, with loads of city fans try the ''coach and horses'' on Yarmouth Road about 5/10 mins walk from ground.

[/quote]Thank you, mate, I''ll be in Norwich next Monday and Tuesday, and I''ll surely try the Coach and Horses. Unfortunately, due to my job I''ll be engaged till Saturday this week and so I can''t arrive in time for the game, but the great  Jeremy Goss is so kind and helpful that he''ll make us to make a brief visit to Carrow Road on Tuesday...

I''m quite fond of The Red Lion myself down on Bishopgate. Lovely view of the river and the food''s good as well. [Y] The Adam & Eve is also a lovely one but it''s more like a place you visit to bribe a goblin assassin to take out a high-ranking sorcerer rather than have a pre-match pint. [B]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I''m quite fond of The Red Lion myself down on Bishopgate. Lovely view of the river and the food''s good as well. [Y] The Adam & Eve is also a lovely one but it''s more like a place you visit to bribe a goblin assassin to take out a high-ranking sorcerer rather than have a pre-match pint. [B]
[/quote]

So you admit that you''re planning to have Wiz rubbed out........

Try the FAT CAT, ALEXANDRA TAVERN, TRAFFORD ARMS, KINGS HEAD, DUKE OF WELLINGTON, Good Ole Norfolk Ales serverd!! Tasty staff in TRAFFORD

The Fat Cat is brilliant, but it''s a bit of a way from the ground. The Coach and Horses is my preferred choice before and after the game. Good food too!

[quote user="canaries"]try the woolpack[/quote]

I assume you''re referring to the Woolpack on Golden Ball Street, are you? I don''t think it has reopened yet, has it?

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[quote user="canaries"]try the woolpack[/quote]

I assume you''re referring to the Woolpack on Golden Ball Street, are you? I don''t think it has reopened yet, has it?

[/quote]

I suspect Chris means the Woolpack in Ipswich[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I''m quite fond of The Red Lion myself down on Bishopgate. Lovely view of the river and the food''s good as well. [Y] The Adam & Eve is also a lovely one but it''s more like a place you visit to bribe a goblin assassin to take out a high-ranking sorcerer rather than have a pre-match pint. [B][/quote]

So you admit that you''re planning to have Wiz rubbed out........

[/quote]I feel that describing Wiz as a ''high-ranking sorcerer'' would be a bit kind. [;)]

For the price of travel and a match day ticket, I''ll be at the Michelin rated Walpole Arms in Itteringham taking in brunch and several real ales before rambling back to Cromer through the glorious North Norfolk countryside listening to the match on a hand-held radio.

[quote user="missing in action?"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]Or the Woolpack in Emmerdale.[/quote]
BEEN THERE
not that good....
[/quote

Marlons hot-pot rules!!

[quote user="shyster"]For the price of travel and a match day ticket, I''ll be at the Michelin rated Walpole Arms in Itteringham taking in brunch and several real ales before rambling back to Cromer through the glorious North Norfolk countryside listening to the match on a hand-held radio.[/quote]We''ll listen for your match report on Canary Call then! [:S]

if you try lloyds down riverside,cheap beer and good food.you will find most of the fans from both teams down there.hope this helps

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="shyster"]For the price of travel and a match day ticket, I''ll be at the Michelin rated Walpole Arms in Itteringham taking in brunch and several real ales before rambling back to Cromer through the glorious North Norfolk countryside listening to the match on a hand-held radio.[/quote]We''ll listen for your match report on Canary Call then! [:S][/quote]he is a dogger in the reeds....

Go to the Horse and Dray on Ber St. Big screen, great beer, good food and a nice garden for this time of the year to sit out in.

The Cricketers down Hall Road is always a good bet (near Sainsburys in city centre)

We always have a good laugh and there is usually a free buffet or BBQ for all NCFC fans

See you there!!

Jez

The kids are always o.k at the Horse And Dray.  Also the Kings Arms Hall Road is simply splendidly.

Cheers boys and girls, normaly end up in the C&Horses pre match most times cos its nice and close but got the folks with me this time so thinkin bout food for after.

Must be on best behaviour this weekend, well till they piss off to bed anyway, whats the best nightclubs to hit with my bro?