Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

brown backs new coaching team

worth a read ... one thing i found , for all you gunny doubters !! how many others who have been here in the past as players , who are enjoying high profile coaching roles elsewhere , and doing very well at it .

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED01%20Apr%202009%2010%3A42%3A43%3A200

I saw Ken Brown crossing the road towards Morrisons a couple of weeks ago, before the Plymouth game I think. Loads of City fans around but none seemed to recognise him, the surest sign yet that I''m nearly as old as Tilly[:O] Anyway, I said hi and he put his hand on my shoulder and gave me that big Ken Brown smile! Made me remember better times and seeing him there made me think we could see them again.

[8] We''ll take more care of you..................................

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I saw Ken Brown crossing the road towards Morrisons a couple of weeks ago, before the Plymouth game I think. Loads of City fans around but none seemed to recognise him, the surest sign yet that I''m nearly as old as Tilly[:O] Anyway, I said hi and he put his hand on my shoulder and gave me that big Ken Brown smile! Made me remember better times and seeing him there made me think we could see them again.

[8] We''ll take more care of you..................................

[/quote]

When did the Fat Controller kick Ken out? Was it 1987, 1988 or 1989? Long enough ago, anyway, for a lot of today''s City fans to be barely out of nappies. If this was a quiz question I would plump for ''87 I think.

We were lucky to get Ken Brown as he was

even, in those days, the cheap option.

Even John Bond doubted his capabilities as a manager . How wrong he was.

In a quiet way, Ken was excellent and he was a good ambassador for the club.

Bondie often upset people ala Warnock, but he was good for Norwich too.

True, good times for the Club.

I recognise him Nutty, he''s one of the most interesting and lovely ex City people I have met. Had the pleasure of sharing a table with him at the awards dinner a few years ago. The other city icon we had on the table was....the canary fairy! Bizarre doesn''t even half explain it....

I think you will find Tilly is a good 10 years older than you. So don''t worry!

i remember we played arsenal at home the next game after his sacking and lost 4-2 " brown in chase out" "brown in chase out"

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I recognise him Nutty, he''s one of the most interesting and lovely ex City people I have met. Had the pleasure of sharing a table with him at the awards dinner a few years ago. The other city icon we had on the table was....the canary fairy! Bizarre doesn''t even half explain it.... I think you will find Tilly is a good 10 years older than you. So don''t worry![/quote]

Now where are ya Tilly old boy [:^)] If you happen to stumble upon this thread just call me Sonny or Young un! [:O]

Bet you were there for Ron Ashman''s debut[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I recognise him Nutty, he''s one of the most interesting and lovely ex City people I have met. Had the pleasure of sharing a table with him at the awards dinner a few years ago. The other city icon we had on the table was....the canary fairy! Bizarre doesn''t even half explain it.... I think you will find Tilly is a good 10 years older than you. So don''t worry![/quote]

Now where are ya Tilly old boy [:^)] If you happen to stumble upon this thread just call me Sonny or Young un! [:O]

Bet you were there for Ron Ashman''s debut[;)]

[/quote]

Very close! So lets have a bit more respect for your elders, young man!

Ken Brown help continue the strong foundation at the club that gave us some of our very best football and success.

Please Mister can we have our football back?