Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

England tonight.

Another satisfactory night for England, even though Ukraine did not make it easy.

The manager has the "Midas Touch" and the Maclaren disaster fades even more.

He gets the best from Rooney who matures with every game and I for one am happier with Calamity in goal again.

Does anybody agree with me that David Pleats contribution on the T.V. was excellent?

He reads the game so well and misses nothing. It makes you wonder why there is now no place for him in management. However, I do remember he was dismissed from Spurs after being caught kerb-crawling.

Good on yer David.

david pleat often makes good points but his whiney voice gets on my tits, rooney maturing ? your not serious ? he`s never far from getting sent off ..

Am i the only the person who finds watching England an extremely tedious affair.

Tonight was just another example of the kind of half-hearted, static, dozy display that they produce 90% of the time. 

Roll on the return of proper, passionate football on Saturday.

Good result for England tonight...i was trying to watch the game but cudnt get a stream as everything is banned here in turkey.Managed to watch my team (born in eng, polish family, always been indoctrinated to support poland... ive had this debate a million times so lets not start it again!) through sheer luck of finding a stream on a site thats not banned....Poland 10 - 0 San Marino....crap opposition but very enjoyable to watch!!!Looks like England are almost certainly qualified now, so thats good news, even if the football isnt the most exciting.... saw the highlights and the look on Terry''s face was really great when he scored.

[quote user="pennywise "]david pleat often makes good points but his whiney voice gets on my tits, rooney maturing ? your not serious ? he`s never far from getting sent off ..[/quote]have to agree...he is about as much fun as the bloke on 5..think he does or did robot wars.

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

Am i the only the person who finds watching England an extremely tedious affair.

Tonight was just another example of the kind of half-hearted, static, dozy display that they produce 90% of the time. 

[/quote]it was not very exciting...but did jump up when we scored...come on england...back to the real footy saturday...OTBC...come on naarich

Got back from the game about half hour ago.  I thought the game was pretty poor to be fair. Glenn Johnson was useless. Ashley Cole coudnt go forward. Was Barry even on the pitch? Gerrard also done very little. We had very little out on the left.

Rooney worked hard and played well. Lennon didnt have enough of the ball. Crouch won lots of headers and played fairly decent. 

Overall I thought we were no more than average and was generally dissappointed with the performance but pleased with the win!

A poor game, but the right result is all that matters. Seems like we left our best football for Saturday.

1 foot in South Africa.

It piss*s me off that we still have yet another manager who can''t see that having Lampard & Gerrard in the first eleven simply doesn''t work.It''s all fine and dandy whilst we''re scoring maximum points against lowly opposition, but when the sh*t hits the fan playing class in the Finals (such as witnessed in the Spain friendly) then once again we''ll be undone.Either Lampard or Gerrard has to warm the bench. As simple as.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Another satisfactory night for England, even though Ukraine did not make it easy. The manager has the "Midas Touch" and the Maclaren disaster fades even more. He gets the best from Rooney who matures with every game and I for one am happier with Calamity in goal again. Does anybody agree with me that David Pleats contribution on the T.V. was excellent? He reads the game so well and misses nothing. It makes you wonder why there is now no place for him in management. However, I do remember he was dismissed from Spurs after being caught kerb-crawling. Good on yer David.[/quote]

DAVID PLEAT DRONES OUT A LOAD OF OLE SQUIT IF YOU ASK ME............ " THAT WILL GIVE JAMES CONFIDIENCE"........... BLOODY HELL ALL HE DID WAS CATCH A BALL, SURELY THATS WHAT BEING A NATIONAL KEEPER DOES!!!

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

[/quote]Utterly agree with you.

rooney could win you a game or lose it , i think his temperment doesnt help him sometimes , as teddy sheringham said he could well end up doing himself a injury , i thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch .

i thought gerard , lampard , played very well , i dont understand why we just dont have him gerard up front with rooney anyway , he has a eye for goal and works well with rooney .

i was dissapointed with ashley cole , i thought he gave the ball away to easily at times which could prove costly against bigger teams .

never the less well done england .

Gerrard was completely exiled on the left wing. He looked so much into it when he got pushed up front with Rooney.Also a mention for Lennon last night, who I thought was brilliant. But Beckham also shew real quality when he came on too.

Ashley Cole has been absolutely rubbish on most of his appearances under Capello, imo... can still tackle well but usually has to because he''s put himself into trouble again and gives the ball away far too cheaply.... Problem is, who else do you give a go because Bridge isn''t much better.  Baines should probably have been given a go against Slovakia at the weekend, but every manager does have their favourites and I think Capello likes a settled back line.Lamps and Barry don''t work half as well as Barry and Gerrard, I thought this debate was settled ages ago on the pitch but for some reason it seems to keep rumbling on in the mind of the manager.  Anyone know when Joe Cole will return to fitness?  Was a shame to see him in the studio whilst our left side did nothing last night....

Agree with Evil, we need Joe Cole back and firing on all cylinders down that left side.  And Its definately still Gerrard or Lampard for me, not both.  I also think that Michael Owen needs to get some football at Newcastle because we severely lack someone with his finishing ability in the squad.  Him up front with Peter Crouch would be very dangerous IMO.

Thought Ashley Cole was poor last night, not for the first time.  Maybe time to give young Leighton Baines a crack in my book.

Yes, in the end a good result - amazed the Ukraine''s couldn''t last the whole minutes silence, pathetic. Actually the save from James (when he shouldered the ball away) was excellent - we were practically behind the goal, so got a good view of the flight, and that ball must have changed direction 3 times. Capello needs to sort the Lampard/Gerrard thing out - the first half, Gerrard needn''t have been on the pitch - second half much better when he went more up front with Rooney. Not the greatest of games, but an exciting end to the game and 3 points in the bag. If City do the same on Saturday, then that will make my week.......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ashley Cole has been absolutely rubbish on most of his appearances under Capello, imo... can still tackle well but usually has to because he''s put himself into trouble again and gives the ball away far too cheaply.... Problem is, who else do you give a go because Bridge isn''t much better.  Baines should probably have been given a go against Slovakia at the weekend, but every manager does have their favourites and I think Capello likes a settled back line.

Lamps and Barry don''t work half as well as Barry and Gerrard, I thought this debate was settled ages ago on the pitch but for some reason it seems to keep rumbling on in the mind of the manager.  Anyone know when Joe Cole will return to fitness?  Was a shame to see him in the studio whilst our left side did nothing last night....
[/quote]not until next season...he does give england that something else...though lennon was good last night